mlb playoffs - Page 5 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

mlb playoffs

Old 10-09-04, 08:18 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I know the Yanks finished ahead (by only 3 games).
This is a result of falling way behind months before, the teams are playing differently now.
What matters is who's better now.
Old 10-09-04, 08:22 AM
bluelex
Blue Modding

Originally posted by Lexis11
Damn A you love to hate. Big deal they celebrated, the friggin guy hit a monster walk off home run to sweep and they were fired up with 4 days off so they blew off some steam. Just shows that they are having fun and winning!

Boy I hope Santan beats you jokers tonight.

HATE? u kidding right J? hate would b to say they suck after they swept the angels. i said i HATE to c TEAMS celebrate like they did something, do u c NFL teams celebrating cus they advanced out of the wild card round? no! do u c teams in the NBA celebrate when they move out of the 1st round? no! it shows u haven't been there and don't know what to do. come on , its a big win in a big fashion i understand that. but save the apple cider for something big not something u'r expected to do..and i also said i'm sure other teams will do it aswell, like the astros or cards but i can prety much tell u 100% u won't c the Yanks do anything like that after they beat the Twins, ;ast year when they beat the twins they were excited but nothing like throwing a party. its about haveing fun with class and knowing when is the right time to celebrate like u did something ....
Old 10-09-04, 08:27 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I'll bet you a load of cash that the Yanks will celebrate in similar fashion IF they can squeeze by the Twins.
As they should.
Old 10-09-04, 08:30 AM
bluelex
Blue Modding

Originally posted by JLSC4
I know the Yanks finished ahead (by only 3 games).
This is a result of falling way behind months before, the teams are playing differently now.
What matters is who's better now.
more excuses, its funny how when u started hot and were ahead of us by a whole lot of games and we were slumping we didn't make excuses, but than we blow right by u and hang on and its "we fell behind early"...but u'r right that doesn't matter now, but it does determine who was better...but for right now i love the fact u guys r playing good ball cuz we r too, we're both pitching well and hitting well. u'r lineup is hitting great and our is finally all contributing all at the same time wth arod hot and jeter on fire with matsui killing the ball and well sef is shef. top to bottom we r doing it and u guys have everyone killing the ball with damon who looks more like u'r MVP to me the more i watch him the dangerous bellhorn we all know the middle is crazy scary and now u have u'r bottom guys smacking the ball. i love the fact we're both going in on top of our games so that means this will b a crazy battle..i just hope the umpires don't get to involved and let us play baseball...
Old 10-09-04, 08:42 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Damn A you love to hate. Big deal they celebrated, the friggin guy hit a monster walk off home run to sweep and they were fired up with 4 days off so they blew off some steam. Just shows that they are having fun and winning!

Boy I hope Santan beats you jokers tonight.
I agree with Lexis11.

The Red Sox celebrated because they won the game after blowing a 5-run lead. also, they swept the A.L. West Champs and the Red Sox now get a good 4-day rest. They can rest their pitchers and players.

Look at the Yankees celebrating when they "barely" *cough* "barely" beating the Twins in game 2.

The Red Sox will be heating to the Bronx.

The Yankees will beat Santana and send the Twins to Mall of America.

-Donald

P.S. Yankee stadium, here we come~~~
Old 10-09-04, 08:48 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

I do not see a problem of seeing a team celebrating. Whether it is a win during exhibition, regular season, 1st round, or whatsoever, I do not see a problem of a team celebrating.

The Red Sox-Yankee debate is like the Bush-Kerry debate. So the only way to solve it is by seeing who wins it all.

The Yankees have better hitting. But the Red Sox have better hitting.

-Donald
Old 10-09-04, 08:51 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ya I really don't agree with you A. The celebration is because that is the attitude of this team, they are relaxed and like to have fun. If they celebrate too much well then call us unprofessional if you must. I mean come on thats why they play the game so when they win they can celebrate. Look at that ahole Terrell Owens, they guy makes a catch and celebrates so please stop saying we shouldn't celebrate that much. Sorry we arent the classy professional team like the Stankees. I like our team better.
Old 10-09-04, 08:54 AM
bluelex
Blue Modding

Originally posted by MY GS300
I do not see a problem of seeing a team celebrating. Whether it is a win during exhibition, regular season, 1st round, or whatsoever, I do not see a problem of a team celebrating.

-Donald
OMG! i love u man but , exhibition? reagular season i said is ok, a wild card team celebrating is fine, and division win is fine, alcs win is fine, world series win of course, but when all u did was move to the league championship series like u'r supoose to do than its looks cheesy, especially for teams like the Yanks and SUX, if the angels had made it it would still look cheesy but its understandable a little cuz they weren't suppose or built to do that amd it wasn't expected..if the Yankees celebrate , trust me i will b killing them aswell, but i'm sure they will b happy and shaking hand with hugs but not an all out party. with apple cider.
Old 10-09-04, 08:58 AM
bluelex
Blue Modding

Ya I really don't agree with you A. The celebration is because that is the attitude of this team, they are relaxed and like to have fun. If they celebrate too much well then call us unprofessional if you must. I mean come on thats why they play the game so when they win they can celebrate. Look at that ahole Terrell Owens, they guy makes a catch and celebrates so please stop saying we shouldn't celebrate that much. Sorry we arent the classy professional team like the Stankees. I like our team better.
trust me i hate owens aswell. u know what i mean but u will side with u'r team no matter what , u did it last year when Pedro(punk) through Zimmer to the floor and Manny went crazy after a high ball was 3 ft from his head. u will always defend them. but sooner or later u'll realize just cuz they play for u'r team doesn't mean they r good guys.
Old 10-09-04, 09:12 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ah whatever you are just another dumb Stankees fan lol
Old 10-09-04, 09:20 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Can't say enough about the Red Sox, they deserve to win, and it is finally their time this year (man I'm really sounding like a true BoSox fan, don't I?)

I love this pic!

Old 10-09-04, 10:47 AM
twenty1
Lead Lap

is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me???? damn, this thread blew up since yesterday morning.

t-hunter is like a small scale jeter. this guy truly tries to lead, and leads by example. what a game last night. the final score doesn't indicate it, but i was nervous to the end. why heredia was brought in was beyond me. this guy just sucks. period.

some notes on what ya'll have been sayin. i have no problem admitting that the sox are a better team, though not by much. yanks have a better lineup, but not overwhelmingly better. sox have a substantially better starting rotation. bronson "death wish" arroyo has came along decently. yanks have a slightly better bullpen and bench. if duque was 100%, rotations would be more even (assuming brownie's last two performances aren't aberrations), but still, overall edge goes to sox..

i do feel sox' celebration was a little over the top. the on the field stuff isn't what i'm referring to. i just associate poppin champagne more with going to the series, super bowl, finals, etc, and winning those respective events. i can see how some of ya'll don't have love for t.o. i used to feel the same way. but this dude trains to be a monster (which he physically is). football has way more spotlight on the individual. i find myself looking forward to his endzone celebrations this year. he puts on a show for the people. i think there's a place for those kinda people in society.

anyway, i read this in the ny paper and got goosebumps for no apparent reason. "They're not alone. The front-page headline in yesterday's Boston Herald read: "Let's Go Yanks." Tuesday night at 8 in the Bronx. Game 1 of the ALCS. New season, same old teams. Looking forward to it. " this is really what it comes down to huh? i mean, boston really wants it. the city wants it. all of ya'll want it. i'm still in "i just hope we win the series" mode, while everyone in here thinks it's a foregone conclusion it'll still be sox/yanks, and is lookin forward to it. but i get the feeling that the whole baseball world wants it. they wanna see this great rivalry one more time. and this year, the results just might be different, especially if we gotta go to game 5. nah, eff that, effin sox fans. can't wait to kiss your rears again. (sorry, had to be arrogant to wash the feelings i got when i typed the previous sentence).

if it happens, i wish that we could all meet and watch the game together in a bar setting. it would be so intense, yet so much fun, to jabber back and forth all game. can a yankee fan even have fun with a red sox fan??? naaaaaaaaaah
Old 10-09-04, 04:26 PM
bluelex
Blue Modding

i couldn't agree with u more twenty1, i don't have an issue with u guys on field celebrating, everyone does that win u wi a agme with a homerun and sweep a series with the hit also, but come on , all the champagne and hooting is just stupid. i know u guys can't admit cuz its u'r team but lets b real its is over the top...if u win the al title than pop away and have a prty, if u win the world series than of course really pop the cider, but the 1st round? u guys don't usually get into the playoffs so i guess i understand a little,

and J i was reading last years playoff thread where u defended Pedro and Manny for their antics so i guess we know that u will ride this team even tho they have a buch of a-holes on it....
Old 10-09-04, 04:45 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

The Red Sox can celebrate anyway they want.

Instead of worrying about how our guys celebrate, I think you guys need to worry about your pitchers keeping their temper and not hitting walls with their fists. When the Red Sox come to the Bronx for the first two games of the ALCS, I recommend that the Yankees put thick cloth all over the walls.

I am rooting for the Yankees tonight! I want them to beat the Twins so that we can get this REAL playoffs going.

The best pitching (Boston) vs. The best hitting (NY).

-Donald

P.S. Let's go Yankees!!!
Old 10-09-04, 04:47 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

You guys are right. The NY Yankees do not celebrate as much as the Red Sox do.
Because your team might not face Boston after all.

Twins vs. Red Sox? BORING~~~

Come on Yankees!!!

-Donald

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mlb playoffs

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: