*Official* NBA playoffs thread - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse
*Official* NBA playoffs thread >

*Official* NBA playoffs thread

Notices
The Clubhouse The Clubhouse is an area where we can post topics on all kinds of things that are not necessarily related to 'Lexus'.

*Official* NBA playoffs thread

Old 04-19-04, 08:44 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Default ROY

What about rookie of the year, I'd vote for Carmelo, what pushes him to the top for me is that they made the playoffs and had a better record by 8 games in a tougher conference.
Old 04-19-04, 10:07 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Minnesota will finally go to rd 2.
Lakers
San Antonio
Sacramento
Indiana
Miami
New Jersey
Detroit

And I agree on Carmelo, same or better stats than James and he made the playoffs, James didn't. Unfortunately because of the hype that James had, it appears they gave him the nod. Nothing against James, but Carmelo deserves it just a touch more in my book.

Oh, and hopefully the Bulls will get the 1st pick so they can trade it away in a year or 2. Damn Mgmt!
Old 04-19-04, 12:44 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

LAKERS!!!!!! LAKERS!!!

Lakers are going to have a war next round and whoever wins that wins it all !!!

and Yao and the rockets cant beat the the lake show only the lake show beats the lake show if you know what I mean I hope they do win I missed the last 3 parades and Im not going to miss this one
Old 04-19-04, 01:07 PM
KevsGS
Driver

Originally posted by dkny_112
i can't stand watching steve francis play.

the guy is the most selfish player in the nba next to AI. u would figure that with a guy like Yao in the middle, they would feed him more.

Instead francis takes like 50 dribbles before making a play and its often wild and out of control..
so many turnovers...

yao is very good, but give me a break......he's too soft. thats why he does not even call for the ball often. he knows he has one of the best pg's in the league. a guard who can crash the boards like that is awesome.
who do you think the lakers fear more...... francis or yao? comon ....(shaq vs yao) or (francis vs any laker guard) think about it.

woooohooooo let the games begin!!!!
Old 04-19-04, 01:14 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

GP is doing his job !! and lakers need to convert on turnovers adn its a done deal
Old 04-20-04, 04:16 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Come on now, why all the Francis hatin. Ever since Yao went to Houston Francis has had a hard time adapting to play with him. Just look how long it took Kobe to get use to playing with Shaq.

As much as I like the Lakers, nobody can stay in front of Franics if he decides to go full speed, plus he must have one of the highest verticals of anybody in the league. The glove is not the glove of old, but he still better than 90% of the point guards in the league.

Oh yeah, Melo should have gotten ROY. Even though Lebron had a good year and met the hype he was faced with. But if I had it my way they should have been co-ROY's.

Last edited by LOTC; 04-21-04 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-20-04, 04:23 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Since when did the first round of the playoffs become a seven game series? That's too much, the players will be tired or injured by the time they reach the championship.

Oh, and my pick is for the Lakers (of course), they're starting to pick up their defense.
Old 04-21-04, 08:32 AM
KevsGS
Driver

seven games started this year.

"Come on now, why all the Francis hatin. Ever since Yao went to Houston Francis has had a hard time adapting to play with him. Just look how long it took Kobe to get use to playing with Shaq."

i totally agree, even with a loss francis had 12assists and 10rebounds in the last game. that does not sound too selfish to me.
Old 04-22-04, 10:43 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 93LexoGS300
Since when did the first round of the playoffs become a seven game series? That's too much, the players will be tired or injured by the time they reach the championship.
Give me a BREAK! How much do they make? What do all players want and desire? A Championship! If you aren't willing to pay the price then you are not a champion! Hockey does it just fine.
Old 04-23-04, 10:30 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

WHOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! ROCKETS PULLED IT OFF!!!!!!!!!

you see stevie's layup's in the last quarter? Awesome at the least..... Boooooooooy!!!
Old 04-23-04, 11:17 PM
link13
Lexus Champion

Incorrect. Seven games in the first round started last year.

I hate Steve Francis. That goes back to when he refused to play in Vancouver when he was drafted. I have no allegiance to Vancouver. I just think that, if you enter the draft, you should be prepared to play for a lousy team. Lousy teams get lottery picks. If you don't want to play for a lousy team, don't enter the draft. Try walking on instead.

Despite the fact that Francis is a Mary, the win by the Rockets was a good one and they deserve to be congratulated.
Old 04-24-04, 10:11 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Go Kingssssssss for the win!!!! Go Rocketssssssss beat Lakers' a$$!!!
For the Rookie: Melo and Wade are HOT!!
Old 04-25-04, 11:27 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by tturbozx66
Kings got blown out. Same with T-Wolves. Suddenly the playoff picture gets interesting again. One thing is for sure. Any one of the West teams can come out of this.
I could not have said it any better! :eek:

And WTF happened to the T-Wolves last night!
They got utterly destroyed and never lead! :eek:
Denver led Minnesota from start to finish in a 107-86 Game 3 victory!!!

I know my man Carmello was just extatic!

My Mavs totally OWN3D the Kings yesterday! Waaay more of a shut-out than they managed to do on their home turff. We should surely win tomorrow, and if we can just keep our shiz together, and win 1 there, we'll be back here, win again, and move forward.

Mavs Come Out Running, Rout Kings
Marquis Daniels fired in 22 points and the Mavericks never trailed en route to a 104-79 win over the Kings in Game 3 on Saturday. Dirk Nowitzki pumped in 21 points and Antawn Jamison scored 20 for Dallas. The two teams hook up 9:30 p.m. ET Monday on TNT with the Mavericks seeking to tie the series.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT'!

Now I'm waiting for the Rockets to put the SMACK-DOWN on the Lakers @ 2:30 c.s.t. on ABC!
Old 04-25-04, 01:05 PM
Blackened
Lead Lap

Originally posted by TXSTYLE

Now I'm waiting for the Rockets to put the SMACK-DOWN on the Lakers @ 2:30 c.s.t. on ABC! [/B]
GO ROCKETSSSS!!!! They definitely will beat Lakers
-Yao and Francis Fanatic-
Old 04-25-04, 04:31 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

The refs were horrible!! The way they called Yao's 5th and 6th fouls.. I don't know what to say...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: