Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

oem suspension parts

Old 05-08-17, 11:58 AM
aaziz33
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oem suspension parts

Was wondering if anyone had part numbers for stock struts, control arm, end links? Suspension doesnt have that stiffness anymore when in sport s+. has anyone had any issues and if so what was the fix to this? I was thinking maybe the struts have gotten worn out! Car is 60k miles on it!

Thanks!
Old 05-09-17, 07:58 AM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aaziz33
Was wondering if anyone had part numbers for stock struts, control arm, end links? Suspension doesnt have that stiffness anymore when in sport s+. has anyone had any issues and if so what was the fix to this? I was thinking maybe the struts have gotten worn out! Car is 60k miles on it!

Thanks!
20 years ago people used to say that shocks were effectively worn out at 60k, nowadays given how everything else has improved I'd find that unlikely. Also given that the system is adaptive, it should simply use a higher range on the shock in order to control the motions of the car as it only knows about how the body is moving in order to make the decision on how much to firm up the shocks. To the system, a blown shock should be read as if you're on a exceptionally wavy road!

I'd look at your front shocks to see if you can identify any fluid leaks and if so, hit the parts counter and give them your vin so they can order you what you need, but other than that, take it to a dealer and let them diagnose =) The shocktop adjustment motors may have burned out which would give you the same feeling, although you'd probably notice that at all times if there was no adjustment.

I don't know what the diagnostic capabilities of the car are with regard to detecting a failure on those motors or in the yaw sensors which provide input to the system.

When I was younger I used to throw parts at the problem, sometimes I was right, other times I simply replaced things needlessly; diagnosis isn't a bad thing to pay given the amount of electronic systems you're working with.
The following users liked this post:
aaziz33 (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 01:43 PM
aaziz33
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sarmyth
20 years ago people used to say that shocks were effectively worn out at 60k, nowadays given how everything else has improved I'd find that unlikely. Also given that the system is adaptive, it should simply use a higher range on the shock in order to control the motions of the car as it only knows about how the body is moving in order to make the decision on how much to firm up the shocks. To the system, a blown shock should be read as if you're on a exceptionally wavy road!

I'd look at your front shocks to see if you can identify any fluid leaks and if so, hit the parts counter and give them your vin so they can order you what you need, but other than that, take it to a dealer and let them diagnose =) The shocktop adjustment motors may have burned out which would give you the same feeling, although you'd probably notice that at all times if there was no adjustment.

I don't know what the diagnostic capabilities of the car are with regard to detecting a failure on those motors or in the yaw sensors which provide input to the system.

When I was younger I used to throw parts at the problem, sometimes I was right, other times I simply replaced things needlessly; diagnosis isn't a bad thing to pay given the amount of electronic systems you're working with.

Thank you so much for that input, I'm still the same way on fixing things I throw new parts and usually solve the problem. I ask this in a forum because I haven't found ANYTHING specific on how the suspension is set up or if there's a fuse a motor or whatever that controls the shocks! I REALLY appreciate the input that you've given me! I didn't know there were motors that control this. If you have any more info it would be greatly appreciated sir!
Old 11-26-17, 11:21 AM
MythicOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

+ Bump
Older post but...
I would like to know as well.
Old 12-02-17, 09:39 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MythicOne
+ Bump
Older post but...
I would like to know as well.
i find my part numbers here. enter your vin to get correct parts. https://www.lexuspartsnow.com
I usually buy from them if I'm ordering an item...but it's expensive part, I use the part number and scour the internet.