Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

My thoughts on Tanabe NF210's

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-17, 01:14 PM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My thoughts on Tanabe NF210's

Hello guys,
I just recently installed these springs and have put about 50 miles mixed highway and local streets.
I love the stance and the overall comfort.
It's strength may be it's weakness w/ uneven roads at highway speeds.
W&T's are Niche Targa - 20x8.5 35 w/ 245.35.20 & 20x10 45 w/ 275/30/20

First impressions -
All reviews online and in the forum seem pretty universal and correct.
It is very smooth and rides almost like stock.
I am rubbing on the highway at speeds between 60-80 when the road is a bit uneven.
Corners as well, both front and back rub, most likely the spring rates.

I will update my impressions when I get more miles...
The following users liked this post:
phins2rt (04-21-17)
Old 04-22-17, 11:05 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-25-17, 09:25 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Week update...

The spring has settled into an even finger gap all around. It is really lower than I thought it would be but love the stance now.
Rubbing has gotten a lot better for some reason and really only rubs on hard bumps or hard cornering.
The front rubs the most as the inner plastic has some protruding sections that will eventually either melt off a hole at some point.
The rear tends to only slightly rub on the fender but just barely. With a full car it would definitely come in contact quite a bit.
(I am going to get my rears shaved as rolling is not suggested by 2 shops) I really don't need to but I do tend to push the car at times and have people in the car sometimes so don't want to worry about it later on.
I will see what I can do in the front but most likely I will leave it be for now.

The ride feels well balanced now and the feel is really great. I am now starting to feel the road a little more but its probably the combination of my 20 inch and tires as well.

Thus far I am enjoying the ride quality and the small improvement in corning as well. A great balanced spring.
Old 04-25-17, 10:04 AM
korupted
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drunkin
Week update...

The spring has settled into an even finger gap all around. It is really lower than I thought it would be but love the stance now.
Rubbing has gotten a lot better for some reason and really only rubs on hard bumps or hard cornering.
The front rubs the most as the inner plastic has some protruding sections that will eventually either melt off a hole at some point.
The rear tends to only slightly rub on the fender but just barely. With a full car it would definitely come in contact quite a bit.
(I am going to get my rears shaved as rolling is not suggested by 2 shops) I really don't need to but I do tend to push the car at times and have people in the car sometimes so don't want to worry about it later on.
I will see what I can do in the front but most likely I will leave it be for now.

The ride feels well balanced now and the feel is really great. I am now starting to feel the road a little more but its probably the combination of my 20 inch and tires as well.

Thus far I am enjoying the ride quality and the small improvement in corning as well. A great balanced spring.
Have you gotten an alignment since the install? Will this help with the rubbing?
​​​​​​​I have the same springs waiting to be installed
Old 04-26-17, 10:04 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday I got my rears trimmed about 3 mm, right to the weld or glue that holds the fender trim.
The rears only really rubbed the fender at maximum load. I really trimmed it because I have a full car sometimes and wanted to make sure it wouldn't make contact then.
The front was a bit of an issue to me at least and not sure if this is a 2016 issue but there are metal frames that stick out right under the wheel fender cover towards the top near one of the clips. There is a metal frame that makes contact to the tire (it already heated through the plastic cover) on both sides, I am going to either trim or fold it to clear maximum load in the front.
I am pretty sure after this I will not rub at all on maximum loads or hard cornering.

It you drive normal highway and local streets, it really doesn't make contact or rub at all.
I don't think an alignment would of helped but I am waiting until I get all this taken care of before I do.
Old 04-26-17, 10:05 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by korupted
Have you gotten an alignment since the install? Will this help with the rubbing?
I have the same springs waiting to be installed
You shouldn't have to worry to much.
I am very particular about these things and tend to over prepare.

My minor issues are probably the only things to worry about.
Let us know how it turns out.
Old 04-26-17, 10:05 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

I will post detail pics by the end of the week & more updates...
Old 05-04-17, 04:33 PM
kbig
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drunkin
I will post detail pics by the end of the week & more updates...
any update?
Old 05-15-17, 09:48 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the late update everyone.
Do I added some really bad iphone pics but this is probably the best that I can do, I will try to take better pics after a good wash.
As of now the Tanabe's are fully broken in with over 1000 miles and they feel really smooth still.
I am rubbing mostly in the front because of the plastic fender grooves that stick out. Not sure if the design of the 2016's are different.
I did trim my rear fender, just about 2-3 mm right before the weld/glue. It really on rubbed in the rear at heavy loads but wanted to make sure I took care of it because sometimes I have a full car.

After driving the car over 1k miles, I can confirm that it is a very comfortable and smooth ride but I did experience rubbing with my specific Kumo tires.
I am very satisfied with these springs overall and would definitely recommend these for someone looking for a comfortable and lowered stance.

Rear angle view
Left side view
Right rear wheel
Front right wheel
Rear right wheel
cboy1der (05-16-17)
Old 05-15-17, 12:27 PM
korupted
Rookie

They look a lot lower than other photos i've seen. Looks like you barely have any finger gaps all around.
I'm excited to install mines soon! Hopefully, I get around to it this weekend. Thanks for the update.

BTW, are those OEM visors or after market (if yes, are they Wells visors)?
Old 05-15-17, 11:53 PM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by korupted
They look a lot lower than other photos i've seen. Looks like you barely have any finger gaps all around.
I'm excited to install mines soon! Hopefully, I get around to it this weekend. Thanks for the update.

BTW, are those OEM visors or after market (if yes, are they Wells visors)?
The visors are Wells. Oem was way over budget for what it is.
Their logo is on the front visors but you really can't see them at angles. I think they get the job done.

The springs are lower than I thought as well but I really like it.
Old 05-21-17, 03:15 PM
ISOhana
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camber Kit required?

Did you get a camber kit for the rear? How many miles have you driven with our without your camber kit? thanks and your car looks perfect!
drunkin (05-24-17)
Old 05-24-17, 09:27 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Thanks ISO,
No camber kit.
I put just about 2000 miles.
Old 05-29-17, 07:21 AM
korupted
Rookie

I just installed my springs last night and couldn't be happier with my choice. The ride height looks great (of course they will settle some more) and it feels extremely close to stock. I do few the road a bit more with these compared to stock but it is not noticeably more or bothersome. Just wanted to provide my 2 cents
Old 05-30-17, 09:48 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice!

If anyone wants a set.. Contact us!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: My thoughts on Tanabe NF210's