Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

questions for people with airrex

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-15, 07:17 AM
aurora61
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default questions for people with airrex

I just finished installing the airrex air suspension on my 3gs, but im having trouble understanding a couple things with the system, and hopefully some of the airrex owners can chime in.

1) Does it matter what MAX/MIN tank pressure I set the system to? Is it simply to adjust when the compressor turns on, or should I avoid keeping a high pressure in the tank? (the options are as follows (MIN/MAX psi): 120/160, 140/180, 170/205[default])

2) Per corner, what is the maximum psi I can set the pressure to? Im especially concerned about what I should be setting my maximum height preset to.

3) I have airrex with the all-in-one box, and when leaving the toggle switch on the box to the "on" position after turning off the car, the motherboard? continues to be illuminated with various lights. Is this normal or should the system be fully off (i.e. no lights)? ...for what its worth, the compressor does not turn on when the car is off.

4) Prior to purchasing this kit, ive heard that you can adjust the air-out speed... where is this option?

5) Where is the "ride height on start" option?

Sorry for the many questions. The kit obviously came with instructions, but seeing how im located in japan, it came with japanese instructions and does not include any of the info above.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-14-15, 01:12 AM
avs20
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I run 175 in my tank...which is the max pressure my system goes to..the tank can handle 200 psi. I'm pretty sure the tank that comes with the airrex is rated for 200 psi as well. You need to play around with the pressures and see where you end up at fully aired out to fully aired up..it just depends on how much air it takes to fill your bags. If you don't 'play' around with airing up and airing down in a short time, the lowest preset would work. If you want more play time..you'd need a higher tank pressure otherwise you might not be able to fully air up until the tank refills.
I run UAS bags and don't air them up over 100 psi(speed bump preset)...your bags should say max pressure on them...
The slow down valves are mechanical on the Airrex I believe..so you have to actually adjust the **** on the valves manually.
Sorry I can't answer all of your questions but hopefully it's a start!
Old 10-14-15, 04:31 AM
aurora61
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate your help!

Im new to air, and i still have alot to learn.

Originally Posted by avs20
your bags should say max pressure on them...
I havent personally checked my bags, but ive read the front bellows goto 400psi and rear sleeves to 300psi. That being said, i doubt i need to apply that much air to the bags.

How do i determine when the bags are "fully aired up"? Do i keep filling until the car doesnt go up any higher?
Old 10-15-15, 07:45 AM
aurora61
Driver School Candidate

I ended up contacting airrex directly, and just to help people out, here are the answers to my questions:

1) As explained by avs20, this is a personal preference thing

2) The struts will eventually reach at point where the car doesnt go up any higher. As for determining the pressure for the max height preset, as an example, if the car reaches full height at 100psi and any pressure beyond that is the same height, choose 100psi.

3) The system will turn off after 15min or so. Just make sure to manually turn off the remote if its not plugged into the usb cable.

4) As explained by avs20, a **** on the valves

5) There is no "ride height on start" option

Apparently, everything is written in the manual (albeit not the japanese manual), so im assuming most people wont have the same concerns i was having
Old 10-15-15, 10:40 AM
avs20
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Did they give you a max pressure that the bags are rated to?
Old 10-15-15, 03:20 PM
aurora61
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by avs20
Did they give you a max pressure that the bags are rated to?
Unfortunately no, but i plan on changing the wheels this weekend so ill use the chance to see if anything is written on the bags