Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Platinum cup kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 05:36 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Platinum cup kit

Any one know if it acn be done both on front and rear or just front of a 2015 gs350 Fsport
Old 07-25-15, 09:25 AM
naquin123
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gekae24
Any one know if it acn be done both on front and rear or just front of a 2015 gs350 Fsport
It can be done Platinum Vip makes a cup kit that works
Old 07-31-15, 09:08 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know the platinum VIPs cup kit will work on the front and was told that they will work on the rear too. I've had a cup kit on the front of my 2007 LS460 for a year and a half and daily drive aired up during the spring/summer months when I have my summer wheels on (2 seasons now). I can say enough good things about them. Pm me if you have any questions
Old 08-03-15, 10:34 AM
jjashaa
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They can make the rears work both ways.. they'll either rebuild the rear coilover and convert it to a 1 piece coilover or build the cup kit off the spring bucket/lower arm spring seat.

Most of the Cup kits they build for the BMW and AUDI guys that have the separate spring and shock setup all go with the cup over the spring in the spring seats with the shocks as is.

I'm going with the 1 piece coilover conversion.
Old 08-04-15, 07:33 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gekae24
Only front unless you mod the coilovers or the arms for the rear, but might cause damage in the long run

Originally Posted by jjashaa
They can make the rears work both ways.. they'll either rebuild the rear coilover and convert it to a 1 piece coilover or build the cup kit off the spring bucket/lower arm spring seat.

Most of the Cup kits they build for the BMW and AUDI guys that have the separate spring and shock setup all go with the cup over the spring in the spring seats with the shocks as is.

I'm going with the 1 piece coilover conversion.
I was thinking of changing my rear into a 1 piece coilover but you would need to reinforce the top mount of the body. One of my friends had a 1piece conversion on his G37 sedan and it ripped the top portion due to the stress and wight of the car. I was also thinking about the buckets but you would need something to secure the springs and cup when the cup goes up. if you hit a bump the spring might separate from the cup. It is possible to make a rear cup but it would take a lot of modification.
Old 08-04-15, 11:33 AM
jjashaa
Driver

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
I was thinking of changing my rear into a 1 piece coilover but you would need to reinforce the top mount of the body. One of my friends had a 1piece conversion on his G37 sedan and it ripped the top portion due to the stress and wight of the car. I was also thinking about the buckets but you would need something to secure the springs and cup when the cup goes up. if you hit a bump the spring might separate from the cup. It is possible to make a rear cup but it would take a lot of modification.
interesting.. I actually have 1 piece coilover conversion done on my Genesis Coupe for the rears and through the abuse it's been through.. it has survived quite a bit of it...
Old 08-04-15, 12:56 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting.. I actually have 1 piece coilover conversion done on my Genesis Coupe for the rears and through the abuse it's been through.. it has survived quite a bit of it...
Will my friend did track, drift and accrued a lot of mileage on the car which probably caused it to rip off. I can see a coupe working for a true coilover, but I cant see it for a sedan where I think weight will be the problem. Your genesis is way lighter compared to a GS for one thing. Also since its a sedan and I'm just guessing because I have friends/family seat in the back which will be added weight and stress to the rear.
Old 08-05-15, 01:59 PM
jjashaa
Driver

Will my friend did track, drift and accrued a lot of mileage on the car which probably caused it to rip off. I can see a coupe working for a true coilover, but I cant see it for a sedan where I think weight will be the problem. Your genesis is way lighter compared to a GS for one thing. Also since its a sedan and I'm just guessing because I have friends/family seat in the back which will be added weight and stress to the rear.
interesting... will probably have to go and take another look under before I finalize on the 1 piece conversion.
Old 08-05-15, 04:50 PM
is150
Lead Lap

I am not exactly sure how platinum VIP has the setup for the rear, if it's separate or if they convert to a single coilover. They are going to post more pics on Instagram of the gs350 they are doing now.
Old 08-05-15, 05:01 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Only front unless you mod the coilovers or the arms for the rear, but might cause damage in the long run

What would you have to modify on the arms? Which arms? Wouldn't the cup be secured in the upper sprin seat?
Old 08-05-15, 08:19 PM
jjashaa
Driver

Originally Posted by is150
I am not exactly sure how platinum VIP has the setup for the rear, if it's separate or if they convert to a single coilover. They are going to post more pics on Instagram of the gs350 they are doing now.
thats my GS350 they're working on right now.
Old 08-06-15, 09:52 AM
is150
Lead Lap

thats my GS350 they're working on right now.
Any idea how they are setting the rear up? Yours awd?
Old 08-06-15, 03:49 PM
jjashaa
Driver

Originally Posted by is150
Any idea how they are setting the rear up? Yours awd?
RWD. I told him if he can do in 1 piece coilovers, go for it. If not, separated spring w/ cup and shock will be fine.

I trust him that he'll do what is best for the car.