Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 04:02 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review

I had to see what all the hype was about so I ordered up the Elevel kit with iLevel. My old Auotpilot v2 setup was 1/4" and the VU4 is 3/8" so I ran all new 3/8" lines while I ran the wires for the sensors. The installation was a chore, but you only have to do it once. I took my time on the sensors and made sure they were mounted safely, securely and cycle freely with a full range.

I didn't want an actual controller in the cab since I knew I wanted iLevel so I got the rocker switch version and left the switch bundled up in the trunk. Now that I'm using the system I think I'm going to run the rocker switch into the cab. The wifi isn't that great and sometimes unreliable. Sometimes it says my password is incorrect even though it hasn't changed. I must have got one of the older versions because it doesn't have the external antenna.

When I first fired the unit up my compressors did t kick on. After checking the relays and wiring I found the fuse had blown. Replaced it and both compressors fired up....and ran...and ran....and ran. Even with the ignition off. Comp1 output puts out a constant 12v+. I googled and found out how to swap to the secondary compressor output and that works like a charm. Still kinda disappointed that my unit is partially defective right out of the box(just like my Autopilot v2). Also, without a pressure gauge on the tank I had no way of knowing my tank was well over 200psi. Kinda risky...

Also, I wish the connectors were smaller or had some sort of disconnect so you don't have to make such a big hole to run a tiny wire through firewalls.

Enough with the complaints. I'm impressed with the system. It's fast, accurate, smart, and RELIABLE. I love knowing that when I hit a preset, it's going to be EXACTLY where I programmed it to be. I can actually get an alignment now since I have an accurate, predictable ride height to drive at. It's expensive, but it's worth it.
Attached Thumbnails Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review-image-1926492158.jpg   Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review-image-3814877573.jpg   Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review-image-2645100587.jpg   Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review-image-2327677217.jpg  
Old 07-05-14, 04:09 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Also, now I know why shops charge so much to install these systems haha. It's a ton of work, especially to do it right and make it look decent. My garage looked like a bomb went off in it and I think I had roughly 12 hours into it total. I'm very mechanically inclined and I work faster than most so that's a solid 12 hours of bust *** garage work. Part of that was removing the old setup and lines though.
Old 07-06-14, 01:25 AM
tdciv
Driver

when i did my first accuair setup it was hell and took a very long time so i know how you feel

for the i-level it work really well when you dont have in side the trunk covered in metal i find if you place it high up on the rear deck it works really well for rang and for the password thing are you running a iphone 5?
Old 07-06-14, 11:13 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

iPhone 4S. I have it under the trunk so it's only covered by plastic. I might have to move it to the deck to see if that helps because I can't get more than ~20ft out of it. 30ft and there is no way I can connect to it which is well under what they claim for range.
Old 07-06-14, 02:17 PM
tdciv
Driver

Originally Posted by Schmexus
iPhone 4S. I have it under the trunk so it's only covered by plastic. I might have to move it to the deck to see if that helps because I can't get more than ~20ft out of it. 30ft and there is no way I can connect to it which is well under what they claim for range.
ya putting it low never works well another thing you can do is get a coax cable to move the antenna on top of the deck then it will get the best rang that way
Old 07-06-14, 04:46 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

My unit must be the older unit that doesn't have the external antenna. Kinda bummed about that. The range is horrible.
Old 07-06-14, 07:12 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

The instructions say to mount it outside of the vehicle. There is no mention of being up high, but it would be kinda hard to be outside the vehicle AND up high.

You're saying it works good in the rear deck though?

Edit: I just moved it to the rear deck and it definitely improved, but the range is still horrible. That was a waste of $350. It's more of a novelty item than a useful tool IMO.

Last edited by Schmexus; 07-06-14 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-06-14, 10:50 PM
tdciv
Driver

how long ago did you get it my friend had that one and he e-mailed accuair and told them it sucked and they switched it with the one with the antenna and it worked better
Old 07-07-14, 05:53 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I just bought it a week ago. I'll email them and see what happens. This unit is basically worthless unless you're inside or right outside of the car.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-07-14, 02:23 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Emailed Accuair and they're going to swap it out for me. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-07-14, 09:25 PM
tdciv
Driver

np man there great to deal with thats why i only use accair to control my air ride
Old 07-08-14, 11:50 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Accuair's GREAT to work with IMO.

Glad you finally joined the dark side Schmexus.... I kind of skipped some of the comments, and only read your first post. Did you resolve that problem with the compressors being on forever? (After the car's shut off?).

Mine's doesn't do that, I have the Accuair w/ the touchpad. Also have the wireless remote fob, not the ilevel.

GL! If you still have the compressor problem, you should stress it to them about the issue.
Old 07-08-14, 02:32 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I swapped one of the pins in the harness to use the comp2 output and that seems to work flawlessly. Comp1 output is still a 12v constant for some reason. If that goes bad I'll have to wire in a separate pressure switch I guess.
Old 07-10-14, 10:05 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

sounds legit!

Did you use a relay for the compressors?
Old 07-10-14, 10:38 AM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

Yes, 1 relay per compressor. 4g from the battery and 2 8g to the relays-compressors.

Quick Reply: Accuair Elevel with iLevel installed-review