Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Looking for answers on lowering with springs...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 01:27 PM
tchdwnuga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for answers on lowering with springs...

I've been lurking around for a while since I bought my 450 and one thing I've noticed is that there isn't a definitive answer on which springs will work on the 450H. I understand that any 3G GS spring will technically fit, however whether or not it will sag is still kinda iffy. I have been searching for an answer for 2 weeks to no avail.

So could anyone chime in on what springs they are running and if they are having any sag issues, or if they know of a spring that is specifically designed for the added weight of the hybrid?

Thanks a bunch!

Kyle
Old 12-12-12, 02:21 PM
tchdwnuga
Driver School Candidate

Apologies if this didnt belong in the Hybrid section. I assumed that because the question only pertained to the 450H, that I would put it in that sub forum.
Old 12-12-12, 04:32 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Are you speaking about a GS 450h if so I'm currently on F-Sport lowering springs and have not had any problems, there are many other who have installed Tanabe NF210 with no problems and Mike (Blueprint) is on the lower tanabe DF210. In other words it can be done but as most will say if you keep your stock struts they could eventually bottom out because of less travel.
Old 12-16-12, 04:08 PM
tchdwnuga
Driver School Candidate

Ok, thanks a bunch! I just hate sagging sooooooooooo much, I wanted to to a bit of research before buying them and paying to have them installed.

Kyle
Old 02-26-13, 01:14 PM
CalvinGSH
Driver School Candidate

I have my GS450h run on F-sport lower springs also. It is already the least drop out there. You may get a little bit lower in the rear as time progresses but not significant enough to cause any problems.

To Bigblack06: Do you run on Sport or Normal mode with these springs? I don't know if you feel the same but it seems to fit better with Normal mode. It is more manageable on day-to-day driving. With Sport mode, although you get more confidence in handling, the bumpy roads are somtimes too much for me. Maybe it is a progressive spring versus linear spring issue. You can really "feel it" when the road is getting too bumpy.