Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F-Sport springs coming out this summer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 06:55 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-Sport springs coming out this summer...

I'm just curious, for F-Sport owners, when the F-Sport springs come out this summer will there be a discount for us or maybe free installation or anything since the springs were not available at the time when we bought the car? Also, I talked to someone last night at a local meet and they said that Lexus is able to compress the OEM springs if requested to decrease the wheel gap. I did not know that this was possible and was wondering if any of you guys can confirm this. TIA~Tu

Last edited by Room4Tu; 04-26-12 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-26-12, 07:47 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
I'm just curious, for F-Sport owners, when the F-Sport springs come out this summer will there be a discount for us or maybe free installation or anything since the springs were not available at the time when we bought the car? Also, I talked to someone last night at a local meet and they said that Lexus is able to compress the OEM springs if requested to decrease the wheel gap. I did not know that this was possible and was wondering if any of you guys can confirm this. TIA~Tu
No discount or free install and Lexus will NOT compress OEM springs for you. U cant listen to those false rumors! The 4GS is still new, give it some time and aftermarket performance parts will arrive. Be patience.
Old 04-26-12, 08:15 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Also, I talked to someone last night at a local meet and they said that Lexus is able to compress the OEM springs if requested to decrease the wheel gap. I did not know that this was possible and was wondering if any of you guys can confirm this. TIA~Tu
Dunno who told you that, but that sounds like a load of you know what.
Old 04-26-12, 08:55 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Dunno who told you that, but that sounds like a load of you know what.
Bwhahahaha!!! I was a little skeptical at first when I heard it too. I don't want to name any names or anything but he made it sound really convincing. I was like wow, I did not know this at all. At first I asked him so do they cut the springs or something to decrease the wheel gap? He told me that they are able to somehow compress and hold or keep the positioning of the springs in the lowered position. Also you have a choice of a 1'' or 2'' lower
Old 04-26-12, 09:13 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

$299, Late summer... maybe august? (RWD only)
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport springs coming out this summer...-loweringsprings.jpg  
Old 04-26-12, 09:15 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Bwhahahaha!!! I was a little skeptical at first when I heard it too. I don't want to name any names or anything but he made it sound really convincing. I was like wow, I did not know this at all. At first I asked him so do they cut the springs or something to decrease the wheel gap? He told me that they are able to somehow compress and hold or keep the positioning of the springs in the lowered position. Also you have a choice of a 1'' or 2'' lower
Compress the spring? LOL

The spring compresses and rebounds every time you go over a bump. The only way you could honestly do this is by heating the spring, which is extremely dangerous as it changes the properties of the steel, making it hard and brittle leaving it prone to cracking.
Old 04-26-12, 09:25 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusNN
$299, Late summer... maybe august? (RWD only)
I didn't know a blue spring can look so sexy. This waiting game is killing me!!
Old 04-26-12, 09:27 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree, i love that blue color. It will look great on your car. Maybe you could call and see when exactly they are expected?
Old 04-26-12, 11:02 AM
k20eg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says rwd only, will it fit on an awd model?
Old 04-26-12, 12:04 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by k20eg
It says rwd only, will it fit on an awd model?
I had a problem when I lowered my GS3. IMO - It seemed like having a lower stance, put the half shafts in an awkward position/angle, which caused me to experience a high vibration around 70 mph. No, it was NOT tire balancing, bent wheels, alignment, or bad tires. I experienced the same issue with 3 sets of stock & aftermarket wheels and tires between the sizes of 17 to 19 inches. To me, I think this is why the springs are only for the RWD. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-26-12, 12:35 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
I had a problem when I lowered my GS3. IMO - It seemed like having a lower stance, put the half shafts in an awkward position/angle, which caused me to experience a high vibration around 70 mph. No, it was NOT tire balancing, bent wheels, alignment, or bad tires. I experienced the same issue with 3 sets of stock & aftermarket wheels and tires between the sizes of 17 to 19 inches. To me, I think this is why the springs are only for the RWD. Just my 2 cents.
Were the springs that you used designed by Toyota/Lexus or were they from an aftermarket company?
Old 04-26-12, 12:50 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Were the springs that you used designed by Toyota/Lexus or were they from an aftermarket company?
My car was a 2007 AWD.

They were Tein springs.
Old 04-26-12, 12:52 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

To be clear. This is not a problem on the RWD, only the AWD. Some people experienced it, and some didn't. We are talking about the GS4....a totally new animal. I was just giving some thought to why the springs only said RWD. Sorry if I am confusing everyone.
Old 04-26-12, 12:54 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

There has never been a car that I haven't lowered. Looking forward to lowering the new GS, but am fine if there is a delay. I'm patient.

Anyone here buy the RS-R springs?
Old 04-26-12, 01:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

have the AWD, so i guess lowering is a no go for me. that's fine, to me it's not worth the headache in the long run. i'll keep it grown man style.

Quick Reply: F-Sport springs coming out this summer...