Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

TTE springs on 08 gs350 awd..? on sale right now

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-12, 06:00 AM
Ab423
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTE springs on 08 gs350 awd..? on sale right now

Just joined yesterday and first thing is hi to all.. alot of good looking cars on here
And I read alot before I had to ask but yes I'm stuck and I need some help with springs to get rid of that off road look on my awd. What is the difference between f-sports and TTE ? I could get f's for under 200 bucks wit a discount at dealer cus of my fam and swelllexus has TTE on sale right now for 148
Any info would be greatly apperiated... even better I would like to hear from members who had or has either one of these springs on their 350 awd more so TTE there's a bunch of info here on f-sports ....thanks

Last edited by Ab423; 04-02-12 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-02-12, 12:42 PM
Ab423
Driver School Candidate

so no one has TTE springs on a gs350 awd or rwd ?
Old 04-02-12, 07:46 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

a lot of us went with full blown coilovers

Last I checked very few (when I WAS visiting the forums) used the F-Sport & I don't even recall seeing anyone use TTE lowering springs.
Old 04-03-12, 01:01 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ab423
Just joined yesterday and first thing is hi to all.. alot of good looking cars on here
And I read alot before I had to ask but yes I'm stuck and I need some help with springs to get rid of that off road look on my awd. What is the difference between f-sports and TTE ? I could get f's for under 200 bucks wit a discount at dealer cus of my fam and swelllexus has TTE on sale right now for 148
Any info would be greatly apperiated... even better I would like to hear from members who had or has either one of these springs on their 350 awd more so TTE there's a bunch of info here on f-sports ....thanks
Welcome to CL! As xxgokuxx mentioned, most of us are dropped on either coilovers or other name brand springs.

Be mindful that if you drop your AWD with springs or coilovers, you may experience vibration issues. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. So you need to ask yourself if vibration is something you could live with for a better stance.

Since you are stuck between F-Sport and TTE, I would go with F-Sport because it is a Lexus "approved" part (IMHO). If you get vibration issues, you can always take your car back to the dealer and have them fix the problem. But I would talk to your service advisor first and ask/confirm what they would do to help you if you run into vibration problems. Some dealers are not mod friendly, and you could get yourself into a whole bunch of hassle if you went ahead with a drop without confirming what your dealer will or won't do.
Old 04-03-12, 03:15 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TTE is just Toyota Europe's version of TRD/F-Sport so I don't see what difference it would make to use either.

I personally am running F-Sport springs on my AWD (got tired waiting for AWD coilovers to hit the market) and I get some wobbles at low speed acceleration and some shuddering at WOT at highway speeds. I also get some vibration at rest with the gear in D and the foot fully on the brake.

All of these things are annoying but I can live with these things if it means I don't have a 5 finger wheel well gap.
Old 04-04-12, 07:49 AM
Ab423
Driver School Candidate

I thank all of you for the info and i noticed that alot of the f-sport related stuff is kind of old and most of the same people that were the first to try it already went with coils by now, but one more question I'm looking for a set of 18'' oem five spoke wheels the ones that come on 08-2011 350/460 if anyone is selling a set or knows of someone that is i would really appreciate it if i be contacted please!!! im having a hard time finding a real set.....
If anyone has pics of a 08 awd with these wheels and no drop and don't mind posting them i would appreciate it
I decided to just leave it stock once i get the 18's and put them on i might reconsider it depending how it looks
Old 04-04-12, 01:12 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

check the CL classified ads in the link below, they might have what you are looking for:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...lassifieds-41/