ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-214/)
-   -   Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension/580306-installed-rca-blocks-on-my-awd-gs.html)

gridlock13 07-08-11 03:25 PM

Installed RCA blocks on my AWD GS

4 Attachment(s)
I installed 20mm blocks on my GS this morning. followed Pete's instructions that came with the blocks (thanks pete!) i'm EXTREMELY happy with the result! the front wheels look just a tad lower than the rears but it looks great to me. very easy to install. and i'm glad i got the 20mm. there's only a few mm of space between the inside of the wheel and the bottom of the hex bolt so running any wheels smaller than 17" is impossible.

the best part...NO WOBBLING:thumbup::thumbup: i don't know if this will be the case with every AWD owner. i chose to go with the 20mm blocks to possibly minimize the wobbling if there was going to be any. anyhow, the ride is still lexus smoooooooooth :D

i took a few pics of the wheel height before installing and what the blocks look like installed. it started raining after i took it for a test drive so i'll have pictures of the car as a whole posted tomorrow.

gridlock13 07-08-11 03:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
nevermind. got impatient.

PHML 07-09-11 11:03 AM

Wow...your wheel gap was huge before the RCAs...looks much much better now with the RCAs!!

Great job!!!

gridlock13 07-09-11 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by PHML (Post 6521137)
Wow...your wheel gap was huge before the RCAs...looks much much better now with the RCAs!!

Great job!!!

hell yeah it was!

ptan1968us 07-09-11 02:17 PM

Much better improvement wheel gaps since yours is AWD. Good job :thumbup:

Got my RCA package from Pete and plan to install them sometimes next week.

L3XOTIC 07-09-11 02:24 PM

the AWD has a huge gap. Now it looks great and can enjoy the AWD.

greyhndfan 07-09-11 08:52 PM

Nice.. I love my RCAs too!!

montz450 07-09-11 09:37 PM

where did u buy them?

PeteinPA 07-10-11 04:44 AM

I would be interested in these as well. I have been considering f-sport springs to lower.

Can anyone explain the engineering premise and or any concerns with this approach. I only asked because my car is a daily driver and I average over 400 miles per week. I don't want to do anything that would screw up the suspension or possible the front drive system.

gridlock13 07-10-11 05:15 AM

montz450,
i bought them from PHML. give him a PM.

PeteinPA,
in a nutshell, it raises the front suspension parts which are connected to the brake rotors and front axles, thus lowering the car. since the suspension parts are raise, it brings the wheel up closer to the top of the wheel well. i know one plus to using the blocks is that the strut isn't compressed since you aren't changing the springs. the strut and spring sits on the lower ball joint which doesn't change it's position so you retain the same ride comfort. the only concerns i'd have are the normal wear on the inside of the tire just like you'd get with coilovers or lowering springs. and if you hit a bump head on with enough force, the bolt or block my break. but in that case you'd have messed up your suspension regardless of if you had the blocks or not.

hope this helps. anyone who has more knowledge should feel free to chime in!

PHML 07-10-11 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by greyhndfan (Post 6522235)
Nice.. I love my RCAs too!!

You were the trailblazer...first to install them. :thumbup:;)

Originally Posted by montz450 (Post 6522323)
where did u buy them?

:overhere:

Originally Posted by PeteinPA (Post 6522750)
I would be interested in these as well. I have been considering f-sport springs to lower.

Can anyone explain the engineering premise and or any concerns with this approach. I only asked because my car is a daily driver and I average over 400 miles per week. I don't want to do anything that would screw up the suspension or possible the front drive system.

Pm greyhndfan...he's been running them since august 2010 as a daily driver.

Originally Posted by gridlock13 (Post 6522766)
montz450,
i bought them from PHML. give him a PM.

PeteinPA,
in a nutshell, it raises the front suspension parts which are connected to the brake rotors and front axles, thus lowering the car. since the suspension parts are raise, it brings the wheel up closer to the top of the wheel well. i know one plus to using the blocks is that the strut isn't compressed since you aren't changing the springs. the strut and spring sits on the lower ball joint which doesn't change it's position so you retain the same ride comfort. the only concerns i'd have are the normal wear on the inside of the tire just like you'd get with coilovers or lowering springs. and if you hit a bump head on with enough force, the bolt or block my break. but in that case you'd have messed up your suspension regardless of if you had the blocks or not.

hope this helps. anyone who has more knowledge should feel free to chime in!

Great explanation...but they won't break. Just chk the torque on the bolts every few months...use locktite if you have them. I've never had a problem with loosened bolts if torqued properly.

CO_GS350 07-10-11 10:53 PM

Looks good. Is there any ride quality difference?

gridlock13 07-11-11 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by CO_GS350 (Post 6524495)
Looks good. Is there any ride quality difference?

nope. feels exactly the same.

mikedozz 07-11-11 08:01 AM

Can someone pm me about price of these or jus post in this thread, I may be interested. Thanks

little2576 07-11-11 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mikedozz (Post 6525067)
Can someone pm me about price of these or jus post in this thread, I may be interested. Thanks

Me too mike i see your out of jersey as well.....let me know if you have sombody in the jersey area that can install them