Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-10, 03:18 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

yes, that's the noise I hear. however, it only gets worse in colder temps. it's been hot as hell this summer and has been really quiet for me. Darrel (from Sewell) hooked me up with the updated bushings and will have them installed next month when I take it in for the 10K mile service.
Old 09-08-10, 08:56 PM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
yes, that's the noise I hear. however, it only gets worse in colder temps. it's been hot as hell this summer and has been really quiet for me. Darrel (from Sewell) hooked me up with the updated bushings and will have them installed next month when I take it in for the 10K mile service.
Did Darrel send you the ZD bushings? Those are the same ones I have, which are the ones on the TSIB. My car goes in next Monday to see what they can do to help reduce it. I have been reading that the sway bars were only designed for the GS350, so I may end up going back to the original ones.
Old 09-09-10, 05:09 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

yeah, he originally sent me the AB bushings, but took care of me and re-sent the ZD bushings.
Old 09-09-10, 11:49 AM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

yeah, he originally sent me the AB bushings, but took care of me and re-sent the ZD bushings.
Let me know how they work out for you. Even though I do have the ZD bushings, I am still hearing noise. I will let you know what the delearship says after my appointment there on Monday.
Old 09-10-10, 11:25 AM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

It is a knocking noise metal immortal it sounds like! They replaced the bushings now twice with the updated new part numbers for the f-sport sways but same thing happened this time after about 4-5 days of driving the clunking started back, same way first clunking on the right front side now it's on both sides and at first only on major bumps and speed bumps now on almost any bump! Is there a sway bar bushings that others are using? Any thoughts? I want the f-sports but absolutely hate driving a Lexus that sounds like a logging truck
Old 09-10-10, 11:32 AM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OrlGS450h
It is a knocking noise metal immortal it sounds like! They replaced the bushings now twice with the updated new part numbers for the f-sport sways but same thing happened this time after about 4-5 days of driving the clunking started back, same way first clunking on the right front side now it's on both sides and at first only on major bumps and speed bumps now on almost any bump! Is there a sway bar bushings that others are using? Any thoughts? I want the f-sports but absolutely hate driving a Lexus that sounds like a logging truck
Those are all good questions. Currently my noise is mostly on the left side, esepecially when it is colder out. I agree with you that I want to keep the bars, but do not like the knock. Are we convinced that it is the bushings and nothing else?

I do not have a Lexus dealership close so I had Toyota install them for warranty reasons and it goes back in on Monday. I have a call into the closest Lexus dealership to see if they have any experience with it. I sent and email to Lexus and their response was that they are not technical and leave it up to the dealerships to make the technical decisions. I am glad that I kept the original bars as I may have to go back to the old front one.

Does anyone know if there is a direct contact to the maker of these parts? I have been trying to find one to plead my case, but have been unable and Sewell Lexus though a great place to work with is just a retailer for these.
Old 09-10-10, 08:53 PM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ironring
Those are all good questions. Currently my noise is mostly on the left side, esepecially when it is colder out. I agree with you that I want to keep the bars, but do not like the knock. Are we convinced that it is the bushings and nothing else?

I do not have a Lexus dealership close so I had Toyota install them for warranty reasons and it goes back in on Monday. I have a call into the closest Lexus dealership to see if they have any experience with it. I sent and email to Lexus and their response was that they are not technical and leave it up to the dealerships to make the technical decisions. I am glad that I kept the original bars as I may have to go back to the old front one.

Does anyone know if there is a direct contact to the maker of these parts? I have been trying to find one to plead my case, but have been unable and Sewell Lexus though a great place to work with is just a retailer for these.
I was hoping to find an aftermarket company like daizen motorsports (probably misspelled) somebody who has made upgraded sway bar bushings because apparently f-sport cannot get it right! I really screwed up as I didn't keep my factory sway bars, didn't think in a million years I would ever need them again, this is pissing me off I am embarrassed to take anybody with me as the some is horrible! I need help am willing to buy the front sway off somebody if they have one! Due to this major engine recal, Lexus is offering the gs350, gs450h, gs430 owners free extended warrantys, and extra 1,500 in trade in allowance and I have also heard a gift certificate.... I only want to get this clanging issue fixed asap!

Anybody know of an aftermarket budging supplyer who could possibly provide a fix?
Old 09-10-10, 09:53 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OrlGS450h
OrlGS450h, you got sways for your 450h? cool to know, but also sorry to hear you are having problems.
Old 09-13-10, 07:32 AM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stormforge
OrlGS450h, you got sways for your 450h? cool to know, but also sorry to hear you are having problems.
I purchase the f-sport sways for my "h" and four days after install I started experiencing the famous clunking and immediately visited the dealer and was informed of the TSB for the sway bushings on the f-sport sways, I didn't think it would be a problem the dealer put me in a loaner for three weeks then the updated bushings arrived, the dealer installed the bushings and 3-4 days later the clunking came back and I returned to the dealer and again I am back in a loaner this time two weeks later I receive a call from my advisor telling me there is a black list on these bushings and he Can not tell me any more, he took me out of the loaner and told me I was ok driving the car with the clunking and he would call me when he hears something! That was 3 weeks ago and still they haven't heard if any update and I do not have my factory sways any longer as I didn't think I would need them when I first had them installed! I am reaching out to you guys to see if yo happen to have the factory front sway that I can purchase as I am tired of this clunking and clanging! Anybody who knows Daizen motorsports I am sure they are working on something for performance sways! This is my first luxury sports sedan and am over Lexus or close to wanting to go back to my charger srt8 super bee! I have had many sports cars and never a prob then now am with Lexus and am stuck! My last car was the 2008 charger srt8 super bee heavily modded, before that 2006 Pontiac GTO heavily modified, before that 2004 BMW m3,
Old 09-13-10, 02:21 PM
ironring
Driver School Candidate

Here is the email I sent Darrel at Sewell Lexus Parts:

I took my car into Toyota today as they installed them for me and they could not find a problem and I am not sure if it is because of the warmer temperature today and after picking it up things seem to be alright. The 450h comes standard with the AVS, with the power active stabilizer being optional and I agree not requiring the sway bars if PAS is on the car. So, if you cannot put these on a car that has AVS then you cannot put it on a 450h period?

My thinking is that since it goes away with the temperature increasing outside that it still maybe an outside chance it is the bushing. If you were told by Lexus that it will not work with AVS, do you have a memo on that?

Here is a comment from the Lexus Club forum for a fellow 450h driver

I purchase the f-sport sways for my "h" and four days after install I started experiencing the famous clunking and immediately visited the dealer and was informed of the TSB for the sway bushings on the f-sport sways, I didn't think it would be a problem the dealer put me in a loaner for three weeks then the updated bushings arrived, the dealer installed the bushings and 3-4 days later the clunking came back and I returned to the dealer and again I am back in a loaner this time two weeks later I receive a call from my advisor telling me there is a black list on these bushings and he Can not tell me any more, he took me out of the loaner and told me I was ok driving the car with the clunking and he would call me when he hears something! That was 3 weeks ago and still they haven't heard if any update and I do not have my factory sways any longer as I didn't think I would need them when I first had them installed!

The comment on the dealer saying that these bushing have been black listed, what do you think that means? It seems that this issue still lingers with many unanswered questions. Please let me know if you here anything.
Old 09-14-10, 07:44 AM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Help me understand this! What do you mean by AB and ZD bushings? I was just told by the parts director that the bushings were on stop sale (probably for Lexus to check and see if they were the right ones) and now the stop sale has been lifted! The new bushings were ordered and this will be the third attempt to instal the correct bushings but I haven't heard anything about an AB or ZD bushing! He gave me a part number which he says is the corrected bushing part number but there isn't anything in his system that pertains to the letters AB or ZD! The part number he gave me for the updated F-Sport front sway bar bushing is PTR0230100 please let me know what you guys find out! I am wondering if this is the wrong part anyway especially if there is supposed to be a reference to AB or ZD
Old 09-14-10, 08:27 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5455233-post117.html
Old 09-14-10, 08:54 AM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Thank you I couldn't have received any better info than that! Beautiful! Now I can make sure to see the parts prior to install!
Old 09-15-10, 03:18 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it surprising that dealers in the bay area Charge you for the new revised bushings when the product they were selling in the beginning is defected. Shouldn't it be free.. iono wtf.. all dealers I went too said I had to pay for it

soo let me get this clear the revised tsib for the new bushing is stilll defected?

Last edited by Gs350Lola; 09-15-10 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-15-10, 05:14 PM
OrlGS450h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gs350Lola
I find it surprising that dealers in the bay area Charge you for the new revised bushings when the product they were selling in the beginning is defected. Shouldn't it be free.. iono wtf.. all dealers I went too said I had to pay for it

soo let me get this clear the revised tsib for the new bushing is stilll defected?
My dealer told me it was a warrantied item under the F-Sport sways not the car itself but this will be the third set! They are supposed to be there tomorrow and I am going to make sure they are the ZD bushings as well as inspect my front F-Sport sway for any damage since they told me I would be fine driving my car! They also told mr if there was any damage to the sway that they would replace it as well! Will see either tomorrow or Friday!

Quick Reply: Finally is Here - TSIB for F-SPORT Sway Bars!!!