Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS 430 on Tanabe Springs NF210

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 08:37 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahbez
Hey Fellow GS enthusiast, The stance on your whip looks good. Quick question, Is it only the Springs you changed or have you done the entire spring and shock set up. Do you have the active suspension button that allows comfort/sport button. Does it affect your switching after you did the job. What size are your shoes that your sitting on?
I do have a GS 430 and I want to do my suspension but I want to make the right move, any suggestions? I don't want to crack my pockets either.
To answer your questions:

1) I only changed springs (shocks are still oem)

2) Yes I have comfort/sport button (i.e. AVS). This switch has nothing to do with lowering, only adjusts the damping of the shocks. See these links for more details:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...uspension.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-lowering.html

3) see my mod signature link for wheel/tire sizes
Old 05-14-15, 01:17 PM
GS4TEK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
To answer your questions:

1) I only changed springs (shocks are still oem)

2) Yes I have comfort/sport button (i.e. AVS). This switch has nothing to do with lowering, only adjusts the damping of the shocks. See these links for more details:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...uspension.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-lowering.html

3) see my mod signature link for wheel/tire sizes
Hi stormforge
Im planning on Tanabe NF210 springs with OEM shocks but couldnt find any feedback from members that been running on it for a period of time .
How is the suspension, oem shocks ect... holding up for u with those NF210 and how long have u been running on it?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated
Old 09-19-15, 02:18 AM
SC3_5SPD
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
I am actually considering changing out to coilovers just because of the adjustability in height.
The car looks great bro! After reading this thread I was just wondering if you ever ended up switching out for the coilovers, if not, was there anymore settling/sagging on the springs? Any idea how low you ended up getting from the original stock height?
Old 11-02-16, 02:06 PM
Birdman10
Driver School Candidate

What size are those wheels? They're super classy
Old 12-30-16, 03:53 PM
DEONDRE
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

MY 06 GS430 WITH TANABE SPRINGS
The following users liked this post:
AlexDev (07-18-19)
Old 01-16-17, 06:53 AM
firemanrem
Driver School Candidate

Is this a AWD GS 350?
Old 03-03-17, 03:27 AM
Whitebait
Driver School Candidate

I self installed these springs a few months ago, great spring and very even lowering front to back. Took a week or two to settle. Really happy all round. 20x8.5 + 20x10 I heated+hammered my guards a little but suspect most will not have to. OEM Shocks.

I do drive my car to its limits and know how to get the power down. I very much feel that the active switch now has a bigger variate when you switch it between the modes. I was very worried about losing it and partly why I brought this spring - Very very happy with the result. I take the kids to school but also fun when the time is right.

Buy these springs. :-)
Old 03-03-17, 06:28 PM
firemanrem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Whitebait
I self installed these springs a few months ago, great spring and very even lowering front to back. Took a week or two to settle. Really happy all round. 20x8.5 + 20x10 I heated+hammered my guards a little but suspect most will not have to. OEM Shocks.

I do drive my car to its limits and know how to get the power down. I very much feel that the active switch now has a bigger variate when you switch it between the modes. I was very worried about losing it and partly why I brought this spring - Very very happy with the result. I take the kids to school but also fun when the time is right.

Buy these springs. :-)
Whitebait, is your GS AWD? if so I have a few questions. I bought the same springs but read of people having problems when installed on AWD. Can I email you direct?
Old 03-03-17, 06:32 PM
Whitebait
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by firemanrem
Whitebait, is your GS AWD? if so I have a few questions. I bought the same springs but read of people having problems when installed on AWD. Can I email you direct?
Hi, I'm 2wd. Could only be the front that is different?
Old 03-03-17, 06:39 PM
firemanrem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Whitebait
Hi, I'm 2wd. Could only be the front that is different?
Ok thanks I was hoping it was AWD....Thanks
Old 12-29-17, 02:30 AM
Gavn
Driver School Candidate

Hey Whitebaiit. Can you please answer me this. Did you have to get a camber kit for your GS 430. Ive lowered my 06 GS 430 on Sustec NF210 tdf112s. Wheel alignment guy (NZ) tells me theres no adjustment for camber. All 4 tyres are wearing on the inside.
Old 12-29-17, 02:58 AM
Whitebait
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gavn
Hey Whitebaiit. Can you please answer me this. Did you have to get a camber kit for your GS 430. Ive lowered my 06 GS 430 on Sustec NF210 tdf112s. Wheel alignment guy (NZ) tells me theres no adjustment for camber. All 4 tyres are wearing on the inside.
Hey, yeah I'm doing okay with wear. Little bit in the rear but fronts holding in well. I have had to get my rears swapped around to get full life. Not expecting to do this on the front.

Also had alignment guy say no camber but also that rears wear faster when pushing ya car as the front lifts up and pushes rear down!!

Maybe try a lower profile tyre to level it out?
Old 03-01-20, 04:51 AM
BNB
Driver School Candidate

Looking great. removed my rear springs last night, Due to the Canadian winter weld, the lower bolts had to be cut out. Made a 20 min job turn into a 6 pack. At least the klunking will stop.
Old 03-03-20, 03:04 AM
RastaMc
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BNB
Looking great. removed my rear springs last night, Due to the Canadian winter weld, the lower bolts had to be cut out. Made a 20 min job turn into a 6 pack. At least the klunking will stop.
Mate.
Is there a DIY guide to remove the rear springs? I have ordered the NF210 springs for my GS 450h and I am trying to find some guide to replace them.
Thanks