Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS 430 on Tanabe Springs NF210

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-10, 11:53 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Absolutely stunning! Good job bro!
Thanks!
Here is an updated pic. The springs have settled a little more as you can see in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails GS 430 on Tanabe Springs NF210-102_2765.jpg  
Old 01-11-10, 12:12 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kcuhc
Hi 1STLXS,

I am looking for a set of lowering springs for my 2010 GS450h. Now that you have had those HF210 springs for a while, would you care to share a bit of you experience with them in general? Stiffness, or any problems so far, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Sure, Overall my experience has been exactly what I was looking for in regards to stance and ride quality. The ride is close to stock, the springs have settled more from the initial installation. I have posted an updated pic. I have experienced rubbing but that has more to do with the tire size I selected. I think if your looking for a moderate drop with a stock ride (or close to) then the NF are the way to go unless you can afford to do coilovers. I am actually considering changing out to coilovers just because of the adjustability in height. Stormforge also has the NF on his 08 450H you might ask him his experience also.
Hope this is helpful.
Old 01-11-10, 02:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Car turned out perfect.. Luv the drop with the springs.. Great job..
Old 01-11-10, 10:41 PM
kcuhc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by 1STLXS
Sure, Overall my experience has been exactly what I was looking for in regards to stance and ride quality. The ride is close to stock, the springs have settled more from the initial installation. I have posted an updated pic. I have experienced rubbing but that has more to do with the tire size I selected. I think if your looking for a moderate drop with a stock ride (or close to) then the NF are the way to go unless you can afford to do coilovers. I am actually considering changing out to coilovers just because of the adjustability in height. Stormforge also has the NF on his 08 450H you might ask him his experience also.
Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, 1STLXS. They are definitely helpful. By the way, your 20-inch rings look great. Luis at L-TUNED suggested me to find our the OEM spring rates first, as GS450h is 270lbs heavier than GS460. The springs may sag longer term if they are not strong enough. I would seek out Stormforge's experience. Thanks again.
Old 01-12-10, 11:01 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks!
Here is an updated pic. The springs have settled a little more as you can see in the pic.
Car looks great! Were you able to get back into factory specs on your alignment and if not, how bad is it out? I love the look w/ the mild drop, but don't want to get into alignment and accelerated tire wear issues.
Old 02-06-10, 07:41 PM
cowsgomoo
Pole Position

Drop looks perfect IMO. I have been tossing up the idea of getting the DF or NF and now I really don't know which way to go after seeing that!
Old 02-07-10, 05:38 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice Ron. I somehow missed this thread? Your overspec size tires makes it look like the drop of the DF Springs. Does it rub in the rear also? I would think the fronts would only rub on hard turns on the plastic liner.

Where are the new pics of the goodies you got. Time for a NEW thread!!!
Old 02-07-10, 03:20 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
Nice Ron. I somehow missed this thread? Your overspec size tires makes it look like the drop of the DF Springs. Does it rub in the rear also? I would think the fronts would only rub on hard turns on the plastic liner.

Where are the new pics of the goodies you got. Time for a NEW thread!!!
Hey mike,
Hopefully by Wednesday (Thursday for sure) I will have a new thread. It will be exactly 2 weeks without my car. What started out as just getting kit painted turned into having the whole car painted. The only good thing is the guy doing the work is a perfectionist so I know the quality is going to be good.

You are correct in regards to the rubbing, its only in the front and during hard turns. I did notice when I did my HID Fog installation that the plastic liner had a wear spot where the bumper and fender are bolted so I had to shave that area.
Old 02-07-10, 06:11 PM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good! nice to see another silver GS with clean mods!! i can't wait to install my DFs
Old 12-06-10, 01:29 AM
nline6t
Driver School Candidate

perfect drop
Old 12-06-10, 05:45 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

My front plastic liner is coming off because of rubbing! Is it easy to completely remove it?
Old 02-21-11, 01:25 AM
pwrusr
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how is the ride quality compared to stock?? is it still smooth? also how is the alignment? were you able to get it close to specs?
Old 02-26-11, 09:56 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gsteve
how is the ride quality compared to stock?? is it still smooth? also how is the alignment? were you able to get it close to specs?
ride quality of nf210 is almost like stock, you can't tell the difference if you had your eyes closed. ride is still smooth. alignment will depend on the alignment shop's ability to adjust the toe.
Old 06-04-14, 06:38 AM
BDOTTS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for all the comments. I'm really loving the stance. I alway hated how the front sat a tad higher than the rear, these springs gave it the right drop to slant the car forward. I was kind of worried about doing this myself but the cost savings outweighed the concerns. It took about 3.5 hours not including the meal break and the occasional "where does this go" lol.

Hey Chris (01a4man) thanks for hooking me up with the springs.
Can't wait to see some digital pics of your car, I'm really feeling that bumper now.
Hey man pics look great.. I had a question I have 08 gs and have installed the front lowering springs but when I went to the back i have loosened all the bolts on the strut but can't get the strut out of the control arm. I have tried a long pipe to use leverage the drop the control arm so the strut pops out but no luck... Do you have tips??

Thanks
Old 07-10-14, 01:05 PM
Jahbez
Driver School Candidate

Hey Fellow GS enthusiast, The stance on your whip looks good. Quick question, Is it only the Springs you changed or have you done the entire spring and shock set up. Do you have the active suspension button that allows comfort/sport button. Does it affect your switching after you did the job. What size are your shoes that your sitting on?
I do have a GS 430 and I want to do my suspension but I want to make the right move, any suggestions? I don't want to crack my pockets either.

Quick Reply: GS 430 on Tanabe Springs NF210