Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

F sport sway bar offical thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 03:30 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I haven't heard any noises in mine. 2006 GS430.
Old 07-22-09, 05:36 PM
sprintz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inertia
I haven't heard any noises in mine. 2006 GS430.
Intertia,
Per Wingster's observations (perhaps the key to the whole thing),

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...roblems-3.html

can you check to see if you have the gap between the bushing and the stops (inner side of the bushing)?
Old 07-22-09, 11:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have said it all along. Its the install IMO. Lexus made these sway bars. They are going to work
Old 07-23-09, 11:06 AM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have said it all along. Its the install IMO. Lexus made these sway bars. They are going to work
Not the install. Maybe a production change. I agree with you, it is in Lexus' best interest to design something that works.

I8ABMR: I'm curious, were the bushings glued on your stock rear swaybar?

Last edited by wingster; 07-23-09 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-23-09, 05:32 PM
slk_dds
Lexus Test Driver

Just order mine, will have it installed when I bring it in for 25k service!!!

As far as I can tell from the threads, most of CL members noticed the knocking noise is reduced when their toy is warm up.
I would think knocking noise is mainly caused by cooler temperature, it takes time for the rushing to warm up and expand; maybe that is why only I8ABMR does not have the knocking issue with his toy, since he is in AZ, and the temperature is hotter than most other places!?!
Old 07-27-09, 06:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

yeah it was 114 today and will probably not get below 100 degrees until late september into early october. If I have noise I am returning them and havng them get another set. This is a lexus part installed at a dealership. There should be no issues with customer satisfaction
Old 08-08-09, 07:07 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

we have so many of these threads now....

Mine are installed today with 100% success on a 2006 GS430 RWD

I have no noises, install went just as planned.

I replaced all the end links, nuts, ect with new parts. IMO this is the best thing to do as our end links are not that great and with the added stress and my parts being older on an 06 I thought it was well worth the few extra $$ to do it right the first time. We did nothing different then what Lexus calls for in the install. So I did nothing special or different or even the temp fix that a few have tried. I drove 50 miles today and the car was a blast. I had the car sideways in the parking lot in a matter of minutes Need to get used to it but I loved how it handled on the on/off ramps to the expressway.

HUGE!!! Thanks to Darrel at Sewell Lexus. He was excellent to deal with through out this whole process. Darrel was sending me emails on Sunday and reply back to mine. I am extremely impressed with the service and all that he did for all of us to make sure this would work out. Make sure you thank him please for his effort in helping all of us out

If I start to hear any problems or something changes I will post back since a few didnt have any issues at first.
Old 08-09-09, 03:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I still think that the end link issue would have addressed by Lexus if they thought it was going to be a potential issue at all. The sway bars are good as is IMO.
Old 08-10-09, 01:43 PM
haleakala
Driver School Candidate

Default No noise! '06 GS430 RWD

Seems like a lot of the GS430 owners are getting lucky. My '06 GS430 RWD is fine after the install.

I had the sway bars installed at my dealership last Thurs and haven't had any noise problems. Drove the car all over the canyons in LA this weekend and had no problems -- drove w/my windows down and my radio off to listen... lol

Not sure if it's the way the dealer installs it but I do know my dealership in LA hadn't done this before so I was a bit worried at first. I printed out the tips on this forum but they said they didn't need them.

Came out great in the end. They also dropped the install charge to 1hr. Gotta love 'em!
Old 08-10-09, 01:58 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by haleakala
.... They also dropped the install charge to 1hr. Gotta love 'em!
I have a feeling my dealership has done maybe 1 or 2...if any at all. Sure hope they drop my install charges down to 1 hour. Although after talking to the service reps and service manager, they're not instilling me with any confindence...keep talking about how much of a problem it is to install these bars on the AWD.

I'm still waiting till my 5K mile service appointment so as to minimize the time without my car. Got about 500 miles till I hit 5K and judging by how long it's taken me to get to 4500 (11 months)...it'll be another month or 2 before I get them installed.
Old 08-10-09, 03:46 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

That's kind of ironic that the 06-07 GS430 are not experiencing problems when the sways were not designed for them but the cars they were designed for are having the majority of the problem. I installed the rear sway myself last night (took about 20-30 min. max). I am going to have the dealership install the front (they had already quoted me a 1.5 - 2 hour time frame to do both so this will just cut that down to half the time and price). I will post my results. So far no problems on the rears
Old 08-10-09, 04:14 PM
Gs350Lola
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sigh HURRY UP WITH THE FIXXXXXX getting annoying
Old 08-10-09, 11:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I was beating up the car today on some back canyon roads and I ahve to say all was ok and no noises still. I wish the people with the noises all of the best in trying to get this issue sorted
Old 08-14-09, 04:20 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Finally got my sway bars installed and no noise so far. The dealership installed per the instructions included and no additional insulation or wrap was done as some others have done.
Not a happy camper though They damaged my wheels. My service advisor was great though very apologetic and said would take care of it. Will keep you updated!
Old 08-14-09, 11:30 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I just ordered my yesterday........can not wait till it gets here.

Quick Reply: F sport sway bar offical thread