Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

GS AWD (lowered suspension data)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 12:02 AM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great post nardeezy, very helpful. so far the ride quality from the road magnet springs has not been very pleasing. the fact that i live in new york city plays a large part in that, whereas the roads here aren't the most friendly. on clean paved roads, there is no problem. it's important to keep in mind that these springs are for looks first, then comfort.
Old 03-18-09, 02:45 PM
Iocca
Lead Lap

i just bought an awd 06gs300, i am currently looking into wheels, and lowering, but i have been told that you cant put staggered wheels on awd cars, because all the tires have to be the same size, is that correct?
Old 03-19-09, 01:16 PM
Jai015
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nardeezy
Was your AFS sensor replaced under warranty? Was it damaged due to the installation?
The afs problem started when I installed the nf210's a couple of years back. Was it damaged due to the installation? I think so but the shop didn't want to take ownership. I didn't make a big deal out if because Lexus just replaced the rear sensor. Maybe they gave me a break as I service my car there? However, Lexus did mention that the afs sensor malfunctioning is not an uncommon issue.

In regards to "it feels like the car is about to stall when idle" issue - the guy at Lexus said the replacement of the fuel pipes might fix that issue. Any mechanics here agree?
Old 03-19-09, 06:32 PM
ICENUTZ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am staggered and lowered on Eibachs. Ride is smooth and nice handling. vibrations in park on colder days. no drivetrain issues... I had AFS sensor problems and were adjusted/corrected at the dealer for $50 I think??
Old 03-19-09, 06:55 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

19 out of 23 AWD Owners = Lowered
4 out of 23 AWD Owners = Lowered and Staggered

2007+ GS350 AWD
retrospexo – road magnet; no issues reported
B Diddy – eibach pro kit; no issues reported (staggered 19's)
stvincent – tein s.tech; typical AWD vibe and low speed vibe (20's all around)
Kyang91 – tanabe nf210 no issues reported
MKIV98TT – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibe's
kuch123 – tanabe nf210; no issues reported
sbrown02 – tanabe nf210; no issues reported
spider 55 – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibes (19's all around and stock 17's for winter)
gs350on22s – tein h.tech replaced with eibach; reports of vibration due to tires, pm for details (aftermarket 22's)
ICENUTZ – eibach; no issues reported (staggered 20’s)

01a4man – waiting for BC coilovers (staggered 20's)
cenglebert – planning on road magnets (aftermarket 19's, not lowered yet)
mikedozz – n/a; no issues reported (aftermarket 20's, not lowered)

2006 GS300 AWD
nardeezy – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibe and low speed vibe (staggered iForged 20's)
Mixman - tanabe nf210; no issues reported (aftermarket 18's all around)
apok003 – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibe and low speed vibe(staggered iForged 20's)
Jdog – no issues reported
Jai015 – tanabe nf210; AFS sensor (install issue)
Conclevage – tanabe nf210; no issues reported
planoag – no issues reported
SGT – tanabe nf210; no issues reported (Tourmaline 18's)
4thone – tanabe nf210; no issues reported (aftermarket 19's)

tripleJs15 – typical AWD vibe and possibly low speed vibe detected prior to installation of aftermarket wheels/tires (aftermarket 19’s only, not lowered)

typical AWD vibe = idle at a stop light while in drive and brake applied (significant during cold startup)
low speed vibe = acceleration between 0/5mph - 15/20mph vibration (very subtle side to side)

Keep in mind, the level of noted vibration is subjective.

Reply to this post if you are not on the list and want to be added (lowered or not).

- Updated ICENUTZ, gs350on22s and 01a4man under GS350
- Added cengelbert

Last edited by nardeezy; 03-19-09 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-25-09, 09:20 AM
Evel
Driver

Default Feels Like Car Will Stall @ When Breaking Hard

Originally Posted by Jai015
The afs problem started when I installed the nf210's a couple of years back. Was it damaged due to the installation? I think so but the shop didn't want to take ownership. I didn't make a big deal out if because Lexus just replaced the rear sensor. Maybe they gave me a break as I service my car there? However, Lexus did mention that the afs sensor malfunctioning is not an uncommon issue.

In regards to "it feels like the car is about to stall when idle" issue - the guy at Lexus said the replacement of the fuel pipes might fix that issue. Any mechanics here agree?
I hope you are correct about this intermittent problem being fixed when the fuel pipes are replaced under the recall. My local Lexus dealer has had my car a week as of today. Apparently they damaged a gasket during this 1 of 3 recalls currently out on '06 GS300s. The gasket was on back order & they hope to have my car ready for pick-up today.
Old 03-25-09, 06:20 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

my father just dropped his car on Tanabe Nf210's, we just put them on this past weekend.

Gs350awd, lowered, 19x8.5 all around. very bad vibration at 70mph, almost like a wheel wants to wobble off.

he braguht the car to the dealer and they had it for two days and they came back with that the camber in the rear of the car is excessive, and as we know there is no adjustment for camber, and this is making the car have a bad vibration.

i know form history, toyota trucks also had this problem a few years back until toyota corrected the alignment specs.
Old 03-25-09, 07:42 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
my father just dropped his car on Tanabe Nf210's, we just put them on this past weekend.

Gs350awd, lowered, 19x8.5 all around. very bad vibration at 70mph, almost like a wheel wants to wobble off.

he braguht the car to the dealer and they had it for two days and they came back with that the camber in the rear of the car is excessive, and as we know there is no adjustment for camber, and this is making the car have a bad vibration.

i know form history, toyota trucks also had this problem a few years back until toyota corrected the alignment specs.
That's news to me. My rear camber is out of specification as well (too negative). Was that his issue? Honestly, I don't see how a negative rear camber contributes to highway vibration. I'd have the wheels/tires undergo a road force balance. BMW X5's with a sport package have at least -2.0 degrees of rear camber and you don't hear of them complaining about highway vibration.
Old 03-25-09, 07:47 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ I think gs350on22s has the same problem.
Old 03-26-09, 12:38 AM
gs350on22s
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am on eibachs pro kit, i have vibrations and i think its either coming from the wheels or the tires. most likely the tires because when i went for a road force balance he said i had spots in all 4 of my tires. once i get around this issue i will let you guys know if the vibration is gone..
Old 03-29-09, 06:21 PM
gplk23
Driver School Candidate

hello.........2007 gs 350 awd...GFM..not lowered but would love to lower when they have the right setup...have 18 460 wheels on...vibe is there at idle in drive...more in cold weather than warm...Does anyone know a fix...Way to many complaints on this vibe issue...Someone has to figure out exactly what it is...I think its got to do with the tork on wheels at idle...I wonder if axeles came out in the front will the vibe still be there...
Old 04-05-09, 06:37 PM
Oneflyguy
Rookie

Hey guys-
I became an "official" member two weeks ago when I purchased a brand new 2008 GS350 AWD. I had a set of Tanabe NF210 springs installed yesterday and I couldn't be happier. After a 1 hour and 15 minute drive home, I have absolutely no problems to report
Old 04-05-09, 06:41 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Oneflyguy
Hey guys-
I became an "official" member two weeks ago when I purchased a brand new 2008 GS350 AWD. I had a set of Tanabe NF210 springs installed yesterday and I couldn't be happier. After a 1 hour and 15 minute drive home, I have absolutely no problems to report
I agree after we installed we went for a ride and it was smooth as butter I did not feel anything different from my GS430.
Old 04-05-09, 06:47 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

21 out of 25 AWD Owners = Lowered
4 out of 25 AWD Owners = Lowered and Staggered

2007+ GS350 AWD
retrospexo – road magnet; no issues reported
B Diddy – eibach pro kit; no issues reported (staggered 19's)
stvincent – tein s.tech; typical AWD vibe and low speed vibe (20's all around)
Kyang91 – tanabe nf210 no issues reported
MKIV98TT – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibe's
kuch123 – tanabe nf210; no issues reported
sbrown02 – tanabe nf210; no issues reported
spider 55 – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibes (19's all around and stock 17's for winter)
gs350on22s – tein h.tech replaced with eibach; reports of vibration due to tires, pm for details (aftermarket 22's)
ICENUTZ – eibach; no issues reported (staggered 20’s)
as3.0cl – tanabe nf210; highway vibe's reported (seems to be related to wheels/tires)
Oneflyguy – tanabe nf210; no issues reported

01a4man – waiting for BC coilovers (staggered 20's)
cenglebert – planning on road magnets (aftermarket 19's, not lowered yet)
mikedozz – n/a; no issues reported (aftermarket 20's, not lowered)

2006 GS300 AWD
nardeezy – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibe and low speed vibe (staggered iForged 20's)
Mixman - tanabe nf210; no issues reported (aftermarket 18's all around)
apok003 – tanabe nf210; typical AWD vibe and low speed vibe(staggered iForged 20's)
Jdog – no issues reported
Jai015 – tanabe nf210; AFS sensor (install issue)
Conclevage – tanabe nf210; no issues reported
planoag – no issues reported
SGT – tanabe nf210; no issues reported (Tourmaline 18's)
4thone – tanabe nf210; no issues reported (aftermarket 19's)

tripleJs15 – typical AWD vibe and possibly low speed vibe detected prior to installation of aftermarket wheels/tires (aftermarket 19’s only, not lowered)

typical AWD vibe = idle at a stop light while in drive and brake applied (significant during cold startup)
low speed vibe = acceleration between 0/5mph - 15/20mph vibration (very subtle side to side)

Keep in mind, the level of noted vibration is subjective.

Reply to this post if you are not on the list and want to be added (lowered or not).

Update: Added "Oneflyguy" and "as3.0cl"
Old 04-06-09, 03:10 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

UPDATE - got rid of the road magnets. the crappy ride outweighed the hot look more & more each day. I am now on the tanabe NF210s, and couldn't be happier. yes, the nf's ride like butter, they feel like factory with a hint of sporty-firmness that makes the ride handle better.

Quick Reply: GS AWD (lowered suspension data)