Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Tanabe Needs GS350 and GS300 AWD for R&D (Free Parts)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 08:05 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it AWD cars like EVO's and WRX's can be slammed on springs or coilovers without AWD problems?

Has Tanabe found an AWD car yet? I'd help but Im in NYC.
Old 12-16-07, 11:14 AM
illtech
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in New Mexico..about 15 hrs away. GS 300 AWD No mods! how does it effect you awd system? Does'nt make sense. After realigning it there should be no probs..right?
Old 03-22-08, 05:38 PM
spider_55
Driver

bump...

Any news or updates on the R&D for lowering springs for the AWD GS?

I will buy a discounted prototype if you need a tester? Please just lower it significantly more in the front then the rear.
Old 03-22-08, 07:36 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Yes, Tanabe,

we are patiently waiting for a 1.75" front and 1.5"rear drop for the AWD. Hurry up man
Old 03-22-08, 11:56 PM
kuch123
Pole Position

Not really sure what they would do different on springs for the awd vs rwd.. other than not drop it as much.. as stated in a recent post, I ended up removing mine from my awd due to vibrations (at idle in gear) due to the increased tension on the joint between the front wheels and tranny.. the huge wheel gap seems to be required due to what i see as bad engineering in the drive train.. My dad just bought a new Avalon and it is front wheel drive and has about 1in wheel gap.. so wtf lexus just because its awd doesn't mean it needs 'off road' clearance.
Old 03-23-08, 11:44 AM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still here in Irvine, CA with a 2007 GS350 AWD. I'm about 30 min from Tanabe and have already contacted them directly by phone and PM many times. They are not interested in designing a spring for the AWD. If they change their mind I'm here. I'd love to be part of a solution for all the AWD guys who would like to lower their cars.
Old 03-23-08, 01:44 PM
3kTT
Driver School Candidate

I thought there were AWDs that have been lowered on the regular 350 spring? I haven't heard of any problems with the 350s AWD, only the 300 AWD when lowering. If you know of anything, please enlighten
Old 03-27-08, 06:20 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
I'm still here in Irvine, CA with a 2007 GS350 AWD. I'm about 30 min from Tanabe and have already contacted them directly by phone and PM many times. They are not interested in designing a spring for the AWD. If they change their mind I'm here. I'd love to be part of a solution for all the AWD guys who would like to lower their cars.

Springs are not the issue. i was more interested in buying a $1500 set of coilovers. The AWD strut body has a question mark shaped lower fork that clears the FWD axle. I was not looking for a cheap bootleg solution. I always buy coilovers for all of my cars. I guess I'll have no choice but to buy those springs.
Old 03-27-08, 06:51 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I wish I could of help you out but I am in Indiana.....too bad
Old 03-28-08, 07:06 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Its all good... I have gotten used to just daily driving the car as is.
Old 03-31-08, 04:58 AM
deleon
Driver School Candidate

So Tanable is just bailing out on us awd guys. Thats a shame because there seems to be alot of us. This wheel gap seems to be the number 1 deal breaker . if i would have known i probably would not have bought the car. Lexus needs to get on the drawing board or on the phone and get some solutions for us awd guys. its a shame we spent this much money on a car that we cant make it look like they advertized. we are jailed by conformity..........let us out...
Old 03-31-08, 07:43 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I agree with you on this one, I hate the wheel gap I wish they can do something about it very soon
Old 03-31-08, 10:56 AM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by deleon
So Tanable is just bailing out on us awd guys. Thats a shame because there seems to be alot of us. This wheel gap seems to be the number 1 deal breaker . if i would have known i probably would not have bought the car. Lexus needs to get on the drawing board or on the phone and get some solutions for us awd guys. its a shame we spent this much money on a car that we cant make it look like they advertized. we are jailed by conformity..........let us out...
Couldn't of said it better!!! Not only that my region had AWD's available only. I'm going to deal with it because on the catch-22 side of things here, I do appreciate the AWD for the rain and snow.
Old 03-31-08, 03:23 PM
deleon
Driver School Candidate

I think if we make enough noise someone would have to listen. Indeed we own a great car, but it should just as sexy as they advertize it. this generation of car buyers are all about the looks as long as performance follows. You know what they say build it and they will come, well were here!!!!
Old 04-01-08, 03:20 AM
deleon
Driver School Candidate

wow nobody has anything to say?????? i guess we are all ok with big ugly wheel gaps and springs that are not really designed for our cars.
I think this has turned into my obsession lately. Sat in traffis and out of all the cars, all make and sizes the only one with a bigger wheel gap was the ford SUV'S.... I love this car but its killing me... lol

Quick Reply: Tanabe Needs GS350 and GS300 AWD for R&D (Free Parts)