Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

AFS Light Flashing After Tanabe NF210's

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-08, 01:51 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Thank You!!! The ASF light is NO longer flashing!
Old 12-13-08, 08:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I took it to the dealership when I had mine flashing and they called lexus and got the instructions and took care of it. I have a feeling that the lexus service quality at my dealership is better than most.
Old 12-13-08, 11:26 PM
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I took it to the dealership when I had mine flashing and they called lexus and got the instructions and took care of it. I have a feeling that the lexus service quality at my dealership is better than most.
I just took it back to the shop where they installed my coils and printed out the picture from this post how the rear driver side arm should look like.

The dealership can be a pain to get information from sometimes. I have a feeling that they assume we are not educated about cars )so they try to take advantage of rip us off for service sometimes...

Club Lexus can provide answers in 5 mins after using the search function. Haha.
Old 12-13-08, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

haha i am surprised dealership people need to call lexus to get these kind of information
Old 08-31-09, 10:41 AM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to bump up this old thread as I’m facing this problem with my F-sport lowering springs setup. I checked my lights and they are pointing up all the way to the roof of one story building in the distance, will adjust that tonight. My AFS light only comes on when I pool out quickly from any drive way while making turn, It happened on the first day and did not happen yesterday at all. My mechanic is willing to perform adjustments but I need to point him to the right direction.

My questions are:
1. Will adjusting the lights be enough not to trigger the AFS error light?
2. As far as I understood there are several locations for the sensors, still unclear on how many and where they are located? Driver side rear wheel, one? Which other location?
3. I’m clear on how the part should be adjusted from Z shape to become an L shape, what about the other part with the slider, what is the reference point to adjust it?
4. If there is more than on sensor, should all of them be adjusted or only some? Once again, my lights are pointing up now which indicates that my rear is lower than front.

I’m making a lot of assumptions while asking these questions, please correct me if those are wrong.

Thank you for all your help
Old 09-01-09, 12:40 AM
stevechod
Driver School Candidate

im sooo glad i read this. I just got some tanabe nf210's in and was going to install them this week. this is going to save me soo much headaches.
Old 10-04-09, 10:00 PM
Proper 350
Pole Position

big bump for this thread..i just installed my megan lps and my afs light kept blinking...thanks to this thread i fixed it as soon as i found it.their is ONLY 1 sensor on drivers side rear wheel...the 10 nut has a etched line on it.line the line up with the middle of bracket it is on...afs light would stop blinking..turn your afs option back to ON...hope that helps
Old 10-04-09, 11:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

This is a common problem with lowered GS models. I had the same issue and had it resolved at the dealership under warranty
Old 10-05-09, 06:08 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300.ru
My questions are:
1. Will adjusting the lights be enough not to trigger the AFS error light?
2. As far as I understood there are several locations for the sensors, still unclear on how many and where they are located? Driver side rear wheel, one? Which other location?
3. I’m clear on how the part should be adjusted from Z shape to become an L shape, what about the other part with the slider, what is the reference point to adjust it?
4. If there is more than on sensor, should all of them be adjusted or only some? Once again, my lights are pointing up now which indicates that my rear is lower than front.

I’m making a lot of assumptions while asking these questions, please correct me if those are wrong.

Thank you for all your help
there's another sensor on front driver side, but you don't mess with that unless you need to take out a stabilizer link.. rear is usually the one that needs to be put back into a correct position.. my front is lower than the rear, and all i did was adjusting the headlight. didn't touch any settings on the leveling sensor..

this thread was a big help for me also.. right after the afs light was on (because of wrong position), i knew where to look for an easy fix..
Old 10-05-09, 05:21 PM
SRGS300
Pole Position

this will work for me when i drop my car

Last edited by SRGS300; 10-05-09 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-05-09, 05:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

if al else fails, take it to the dealership .They know how to fix it
Old 10-06-09, 12:19 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this related only to cars with AFS? I do not have AFS, does it mean I can lower my car without running into this problem? Or does it affect the headlight up-down adjustment?
Old 03-19-10, 06:37 PM
lues350
Rookie

Im running the eibach springs and my light wont turn off. I already adjusted it just like in the picture. Im i suppose to reset it after or something.
Old 04-19-10, 10:06 PM
jeffbake
Driver School Candidate

I had my car lowered on the Tanabe DF's and had the rear leveler adjusted back to the L position, and the flashing went away....until i got close to home and took a quick sweeping left and the AFS flashed again on again. Only happens intermittently. im confoooooosed about it and wonder why
Old 04-19-10, 11:06 PM
erik535353
Driver

Smalldog is the big dog today!!! I have eibachs and I know what I'm doing this weekend!! Thanks for the excellent post and write up.

Quick Reply: AFS Light Flashing After Tanabe NF210's