Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Figs bushings installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-19, 07:32 PM
blk200t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figs bushings installation

For those who have installed the figs bushings or the USRS from RRRacing, do you have to get an alignment afterwards?

I ask because I just got an alignment two weeks ago but one of the shops that I called told me that anytime you touch the suspension system you have to do another alignment.

Can anyone confirm? Also, how much did you guys get charged for the installation? I bought them with the housing so all the shop has to do is replace the whole thing, no hydraulic press required. I don’t have the tools or the time nor the trust in myself to do it right haha
Old 06-19-19, 11:45 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by blk200t
For those who have installed the figs bushings or the USRS from RRRacing, do you have to get an alignment afterwards?

I ask because I just got an alignment two weeks ago but one of the shops that I called told me that anytime you touch the suspension system you have to do another alignment.

Can anyone confirm? Also, how much did you guys get charged for the installation? I bought them with the housing so all the shop has to do is replace the whole thing, no hydraulic press required. I don’t have the tools or the time nor the trust in myself to do it right haha
You shouldn’t need to do an alignment. It just depends on how your install goes whether you somehow mess with your alignment or not during it.
Old 06-20-19, 02:19 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by blk200t

If you have signs of uneven tire wear prior to USRS install, then we recommend alignment, otherwise no.

Rafi
Old 06-20-19, 07:28 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

You aren't messing with the alignment setting to swap these out. If you just had one done I wouldn't worry about it.

For installation, this is one I recommend tackling yourself. It is super easy, just jack up the car and it's a few bolts per side. It takes me 45 minutes and most of that is jacking up the car and getting it on jackstands. I wouldn't pay a shop more than about $100. With a lift they should be able to do it in 30 minutes or less.