Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help Is300 1st Gen Suspension

Old 08-19-18, 01:35 PM
MrSupraIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help Is300 1st Gen Suspension

I already brought suspension but I dont like the way the car rides it was pretty inexpensive so not so surprised at the moment I have Tein Coilovers only the front is installed my mechanic put the suspension on without compressing the coil so it squeaks every bump I even come near I want to do the suspension right so I could move on to other things so please help recommended coilovers and though price matters I want something I can count on, sway bars / strut bars, should i go as far as replacing control arms and axles for new oem ones or aftermarket, should I get better bushings please help and be specific to want to be low but still have a comfortable ride and its possible cause I have friends who are slammed and have a smooth ride please Help!!!
Old 02-23-19, 06:25 PM
JstADreme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hey there dude I'm not no prone I'm definitely not an expert but there is a guy on YouTube called Scotty Kilmer and if you want to do it yourself he has a great how to video personally I haven't tried it yet I still need to buy suspension for the car but he has a great video on how to do it on your own if you would like to.
Old 04-23-19, 06:55 PM
Lexyaaaas
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

First of all, sounds like you are really inexperienced with cars. You dont have to compress the coilover to install it lol.
It sounds like you need a stiffer spring. That will limit the amount of up travel in the suspension and you wont be hitting the tire on the fender (my best guess)

You need to find out specifically where the squeak is coming from. There are alot of parts that can cause a squeak you shouldnt assume it can be alot of things. And when you lower a car youre basically pushing some items to their limits.