Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installing L-Tuned Steering ECU

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 03:02 AM
linus523
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Installing L-Tuned Steering ECU

Hi,

After I done some research on this forum on improving the steering on my GS3, I bought a L-Tuned Steering ECU from Carson Toyota to be my very first mod to my Lexus , since this would be one of the cheapest upgrade. I've also decided to install that by myself to save some money.

However, I'm not sure on how to install it since this is the first mod I did to my car. I noticed that there used to be an article called "ECU101" on this forum that has step-by-step instructions on getting the steering ECU installed. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to re-post the guide or tell me the URL if there are other instructions that are available on the internet (it would be a big help if it has pictures)?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Linus
Old 07-17-03, 10:27 AM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

The search engine is your friend -- use it.

Here's but one of the hits that my search yielded --> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=ecu+101.

Sounds like what you're looking for.
Old 07-18-03, 12:20 AM
linus523
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Hi,

I also found that post about installing the Steering ECU, but the instructions in www.super-lexus.com is gone....

And the instructions on the other post does not contain any pictures......

And I try to work on it by following the word description, but I'm stuck with the following problems:

As I'm trying to take off the cover below the steering column as described in step 2, I was unable to do so after removing the 2 bolts at the two lower corners of the cover and the bolt located at the foot brake release. Are there any more bolts that are holding the cover that I need to remove first?

And after I give up in taking off the cover below the steering column, I try to take out the old ECU without taking away the cover. However, I can't locate the bolt that is used to hold the ECU in place because there are a lot of other wires around the Steering ECU. And I can only find 1 set of wires connected to the ECU, are there any more wires I need to unplug first?

I know I'm not that good at installing stuff, so could anyone please give me some instructions on getting this done? I would greatly appreciate if anyone have instructions that contains picture that can help me getting the ECU installed?

Thanks for all the help.

Linus