Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Adjustable suspension options

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-18, 09:50 PM
GroHZ30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable suspension options

So I'm looking to buy adjustable control arms and sway bar links. I planning to buy Ikeya Formula suspension but I am also looking at Battle Version arms and seem to be good too, and I already bought Battle Version tie rod ends. I also found Serialnine but I can't find anyone in here giving any feedback on them. I also heard of eau rouge but I didn't find anything... Then there also Shy Factory which seem very similar to Ikeya. Trying to buy stuff within this week if not by next week so I need to make up mind, would like to hear about something from people who experienced this products from each brand... if possible.
I'm not trying to camber out my SC, I want to be able to correct and adjust my suspension so I can improve it.
Old 06-07-18, 11:14 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

The chances that someone will have experience with all those brands is really rare.

- Ikeya is a tried and true brand in the SC community since they've been around the longest.
- Battle version has produced a lot of affordable products for the community too, but they don't offer replacements for every arm. Alex designed everything for his personal drift sc and tested them for himself.
- EAU Rouge, I'm not sure if they're still in business. I haven't heard anyone mention their parts in years
- Serial Nine - mostly marketed towards the vip community for adding more camber
- Shy Factory - a relatively new entry to the sc community. Their arms are designed similar to the ikeya arms, but I haven't seen enough examples of their arms put through constant abuse.

The other companies you missed were figs engineering and Wisefab. The wisefab kit replaces everything and is designed to get more angle for drifters. Personally, when it's time for me to go fully adjustable, figs will be getting my money.
Old 06-07-18, 08:58 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Figs Engineering makes all the arms minus the rear lowers, traction and toe rods. They have two versions of the front control arms. One for drifting and another for track/street. Figs also has the most customizing options. And a lifetime warranty (only company that has that).

BattleVersion is pretty popular. Alex makes most (if not all) of the arms, but he doesn't list the front lowers. He used to make them but demand was really low so I think he only makes a few a year now, by special request only. Alex Pfeiffer was the first Formula D SC300 drifter in the USA.

Serial9 only makes the rear upper control arm and the rear lower arm.

ShyFactory is the newest. It's also the most untested brand. I did look a bit into them and their parts look a lot like Ikeya Formula but are steel and they offer regular balljoints and bushings in addition to spherical.
HOWEVER, Shy Factory parts are made in Russia and sold thru a Japanese broker. The only guy I know of who bought Shy stuff waited 3 months for them to get here and as of right now I don't think he's got them on his car yet due to his build.
In today's political climate, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in them surviving. Their stuff is priced rather low but some arms can only be bought with the complete kit and although there has been a lot of interest in the company I don't think people are actually buying their parts.

Eau Rouge is a Japanese brand. They are still in business but you don't hear much from them anymore. They make the rear lower arms, the rear traction arms, and the rear toe arms. I'm friends with a guy who runs some Eau Rouge arms. He's had them on his SC for at least 4-5 years now with no issues.

Megan is pretty popular now. The quality now is better than it was 5+ years ago. Lots of people have their stuff now, and they seem to get the job done. They make the front uppers, and the rear lowers, traction, and toe arms.

I left Ikeya Forumla for last because I have them. My SC had a bunch of bushings that were due for replacement and I wanted to fix everything at once. So I bought the complete Ikeya Formula catalog. Front upper, front lower, rear upper, and rear lower, traction & toe rods. Quality is top notch Japanese. Good welds, all the bushings are high quality Japanese spherical bearings. The front upper, lower, and rear upper & lower are aluminum, while the traction and toe rods are steel (or a hybrid of the two). Due to Ikeya only offering spherical bearings the ride is rather harsh which is fine for me since I use my car for only fun spirited driving. The setup is overkill on the street to be honest. Ikeya does offer replacement balljoints and bearings but you have to pay for them (there is no warranty for race-only parts). I love how it turned my car into a big go cart. However, rough pavement and potholes stress me out. I traded Lexus comfort for Miata handling. Was worth it tho

EDIT:

T-Demand. They are a high end Japanese company that makes control arms for VIP and oni-camber cars. I think they make everything

Last edited by 1997Soarer; 06-07-18 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-07-18, 09:06 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Worth mentioning, I bought all my arms in 2012. If Figs had made the arms back in 2012, I may have gone with them since they're an American company AND they offer a lifetime warranty.

I would've done Figs front uppers and lowers, and rear uppers. With BattleVersion rear lower arms traction and toe rods.