Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Coilovers with swift springs or regular springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-18, 09:41 AM
GSsportD
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Coilovers with swift springs or regular springs?

What's up guys, I'm going to get some fortune auto coilovers soon but can't decide if to get swift springs or not? I daily my car spring, summer, fall. Never going to a track.
I've been searching and reading posts about swift springs with coils and most drivers say they get it for the track, not really needed for daily street driving.

Let me know what are your opinions. Thanks!
Old 03-04-18, 11:02 AM
skeet94
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swift is the way to go.

I've got their MSC-1 way adjustable set for my Aristo and I only just got the car back after install (RCAs, front upper arms and rear tie rods still need doing before full geo) and I find them extremely comfortable with 14k front and 12k rear Swift springs. Over huge potholes, you do feel them but it's firm and controlled and not "crashy" as it was with my previous stock suspension and then Swift Springs with Bilstein B8 shocks.

General consensus is the Swift springs are more compliant at the same rate as other springs though Hyperco are also at the top of their league. I believe FA use their own spec Chinese manufactured springs and even suggest upgrading to Hyperco or Swift.

Go Swift and don't look back!
Old 03-05-18, 03:28 PM
CAKETOWN
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

I got bc coils with swift springs 12/10 rates.. and i find it really comfortable.
Old 03-05-18, 05:08 PM
GSsportD
Driver

Originally Posted by skeet94
Swift is the way to go.

I've got their MSC-1 way adjustable set for my Aristo and I only just got the car back after install (RCAs, front upper arms and rear tie rods still need doing before full geo) and I find them extremely comfortable with 14k front and 12k rear Swift springs. Over huge potholes, you do feel them but it's firm and controlled and not "crashy" as it was with my previous stock suspension and then Swift Springs with Bilstein B8 shocks.

General consensus is the Swift springs are more compliant at the same rate as other springs though Hyperco are also at the top of their league. I believe FA use their own spec Chinese manufactured springs and even suggest upgrading to Hyperco or Swift.

Go Swift and don't look back!
I decided to go with swift springs. Getting a great deal on them.
Old 03-05-18, 05:10 PM
GSsportD
Driver

Originally Posted by CAKETOWN
I got bc coils with swift springs 12/10 rates.. and i find it really comfortable.
Does it feel too soft in any way? I'm going with 14k front and 12k rear
Old 04-16-18, 10:02 AM
sade04
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the funds allow, its a no brainer. I only wish I got mine when I initially installed my coilovers. For reference, I have Tein CS v1s. They originally came with 10k front and 8k rear. So soft that I was driving around with my coils on full stiff 100% of the time. Swapped them for 12k front and 10k rear swift springs. Still soft but the car feels a lot more controlled. Personally it felt like the compression and rebound characteristics improved greatly. Lastly, the car is just more comfortable to me overall. I can turn down the stiffness for an OEM ride (so wife doesn't complain) but still handle corners with a lot more confidence that before.

Long story short, GET THEM. You wont regret it. Only thing is that you wont be able to compare before / after but just take our word for it.