Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

2008 IS250 sound when braking at turn

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-18, 12:38 AM
Lightstick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 IS250 sound when braking at turn

Hi guys, recently when I make a left right turn while braking there is a constant clicking sound similar from what I read here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ease-help.html

the sound only applies when I brake while turning.

While hoisting up the car and do braking and turning there is no sound. Previously there is a single click sound whenever I move forward - brake, reverse - brake. Was told by the workshop that the brake pads have some free play and they used a sponge to lessen the free play. Now the single click is gone but the constant irritating clicking sound whenever I brake and turn is still there.

Anyone can advise.. RWD model btw
Old 01-20-18, 01:06 AM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Sounds like a wheel bearing how many Miles , if your pads are good check for wheel bearing on hard turns, both sides, the noise will increase especially against a wall or tunnel, good luck. let us know what you find. btw welcome.
Old 01-20-18, 01:41 AM
Lightstick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by isfvss
Sounds like a wheel bearing how many Miles , if your pads are good check for wheel bearing on hard turns, both sides, the noise will increase especially against a wall or tunnel, good luck. let us know what you find. btw welcome.
Thanks for the welcome. It’s not the wheel bearing, I have changed the wheel bearing last year. I am on 200k Km = 124k miles now. Have recently changed brake pads, skimmed rotors, repair kit on caliper, and the metal clips that hold the brake pads have also changed them as well. Went to a few workshop but they could not find out where did the sound came from. Absorber, absorber top mount, upper arm and ball joint all changed last year as well. Hope I can get some advise in this forum 😭
Old 01-20-18, 04:44 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Hmm, check the CV axles?
Old 01-20-18, 07:34 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 766 Likes on 669 Posts

Have you looked into the outer tie rods,and inner ones? I just replaced my FUCA. It would produce a clunk while braking and turning at slow speeds. The suspension feels tighter for sure now. I'm still facing a small clunk again. I believe it's the outter tie rod thats doing it. Things I replaced already are new sway links, and FUCA. Since I still have the small clunk. I'm going to swap out the rest of the components left. Outter, inner tie rods, and LBJ. The only problem for me is on the driver side. Passenger is still good for now.
Old 01-22-18, 05:42 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Do you have a 350 or 250? Could be the wear indicators rubbing the dust shield or the control arm rubbing the dust shield.
Old 01-22-18, 08:39 PM
Lightstick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lightstick
Hi guys, recently when I make a left right turn while braking there is a constant clicking sound similar from what I read here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ease-help.html

the sound only applies when I brake while turning.

While hoisting up the car and do braking and turning there is no sound. Previously there is a single click sound whenever I move forward - brake, reverse - brake. Was told by the workshop that the brake pads have some free play and they used a sponge to lessen the free play. Now the single click is gone but the constant irritating clicking sound whenever I brake and turn is still there.

Anyone can advise.. RWD model btw
Thanks all. Just told by a workshop my brake pads is without the little metal clips clipped on the top and bottom of brake pad that’s causing pads movement whenever I brake. Now is all fine and good