Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

2016 is200t f sport front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-17, 10:45 AM
Jrose69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 is200t f sport front brakes

My car is a year and 3 months old. 18k miles on it and they're telling me the front brakes are completely gone. Cant drive the damn thing because of the constant noise, even worse when braking. Lexus of Sacramento is saying $500 for new front brakes, not covered under warranty because its normal for this car... ugh. This is my 5th is and I've never had an issue with the pads wearing out. Its a lease so I dont want to spend a ton on a.m parts just to give it back in a year and a half. Anyone else having this problem???
Old 10-17-17, 11:34 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

You mean pads? They can be changed for ~$100 elsewhere

The brakes do wear quicker if you drive and brake hard. And if you experience more city and traffic situations.

I have a '16 IS350fsport, 23k miles, brakes have plenty life left. But I do alot of freeway driving, and do not brake hard or as often.
Old 10-17-17, 01:08 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

it is very simple job. I had my wife change my brakes without any help other than me telling her what to do. Took about 30 minutes for everything (setup, cleaning, and replacing).

Or you can just buy the pads from online dealers for about $60 shipped and take it to a local brake shop for around $50 just for the pad replacement. I doubt you need to replace the rotors yet.

And yes, 10-20k miles for pad change is normal for these vehicles.
Old 10-18-17, 12:46 PM
Jrose69
Driver School Candidate

Yes... Im very well aware how simple it is to change brakes... that wasn't my question. Question was, has anyone else needed front brakes at 18k miles because they were Completely gone... like I said... this is my 5th IS and I've never had issues with pads wearing this fast. Stock brakes typically go like 3y 36k miles right? Lady at lexus said it's because this car has a turbo and my others were 350s and that I can expect to need new brakes every year... 😑 did they change the braking system that much since 2012??? 18k mikes seems a bit nuts
Old 10-18-17, 04:39 PM
ChineseKFC
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

not surprised, since u got the f sport brake pads. do the brake change yourself for half the cost if it rotors and pads
Old 10-18-17, 10:15 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrose69
Cant drive the damn thing because of the constant noise, even worse when braking. Lexus of Sacramento is saying $500 for new front brakes, not covered under warranty because its normal for this car... ugh. This is my 5th is and I've never had an issue with the pads wearing out. Its a lease so I dont want to spend a ton on a.m parts just to give it back in a year and a half.
You sounded like you needed help with changing your brakes since 1-you can’t drive the car, 2-you dont want to spend too much money. And 3-only other option is either you do the work or have someone else to it.

But I’m sorry for not answering your question even though I answered it on my following paragraph and just trying to be helpful.

btw check your (inner) front tires, you won’t be happy.
The following users liked this post:
Rbaldy23 (06-28-18)
Old 06-28-18, 08:55 AM
Rbaldy23
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your input on this situation.

I'm a newbie here, but had a question about you saying "check your inner front tires"?

Does the wear on the brakes chew up the front tires?

Thanks!
Old 06-29-18, 05:44 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do a few things. One is let the dealer perform the services and you get good braking power and a nice bite, two is to go with a cheaper ceramic pad and lose stopping power or three is to buy Lexus pads and go aftermarket rotors for the same quality braking performance.
Old 07-01-18, 01:58 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

You wouldn’t lose braking power using ceramics especially if you use Akebono performance ceramic pads don’t let people tell you otherwise.
Old 07-01-18, 02:06 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

Originally Posted by Flash5
You wouldn’t lose braking power using ceramics especially if you use Akebono performance ceramic pads don’t let people tell you otherwise.
wasnt referring to akebono I was referring to duralast, posiquiets, I’ve install many aftermarket ceramic pads on cars that oringally had metallic pads, it was a more affordable option for customers And most of them came back with a concern that their brakes stops late. (Biting power) go oem my friend.
Old 07-01-18, 02:08 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Those aren’t even real ceramic pads tbh. If you get any real performance ceramic pads there won’t be a difference and if there is it’s because you’re tracking the car which most are not.
Old 07-01-18, 02:12 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

Those aren’t even real ceramic pads tbh. If you get any real performance ceramic pads there won’t be a difference and if there is it’s because you’re tracking the car which most are not.
do you know what company manufacturers oem Lexus pads ?
Old 07-01-18, 02:17 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexoDAV

do you know what company manufacturers oem Lexus pads ?
What does that have to do with the OEM front pads on the F Sport vs Akebono Performance Ceramics?
Old 07-01-18, 02:19 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

What does that have to do with the OEM front pads on the F Sport vs Akebono Performance Ceramics?
I don’t know I thought you did
Old 07-01-18, 02:20 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexoDAV

I don’t know I thought you did
Aren’t you the expert in ALL things car related?

Quick Reply: 2016 is200t f sport front brakes