Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front LCA for $30!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-17, 04:30 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

While we're at talking about LCAs, is there any difference between the pre 97 and 97+ LCAs. I remember reading somewhere that the 97+ LCAs are made so that the bushings can be replaced. Does this mean you don't have to buy a whole set but just bushings?
Old 09-11-17, 05:48 PM
CoOl21
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAtomica
While we're at talking about LCAs, is there any difference between the pre 97 and 97+ LCAs. I remember reading somewhere that the 97+ LCAs are made so that the bushings can be replaced. Does this mean you don't have to buy a whole set but just bushings?
Yep, 97+ bushings are meant to be replaced, but the ball joint at the end you can only get with the arm :/ so it's kinda a toss up
Right/Left Front Bushing # 48655-24050
Right/Left Rear Bushing # 48654-24040
These are Lexus only parts, and they want ungodly amounts for these rubber pieces ($115~150CAD/ea)

Last edited by CoOl21; 09-11-17 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-11-17, 09:11 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks CoOl21

Now I'm really interested in these $30 LCAs. The type of casting done is extremely crucial to the strength, what are some ways we can measure the strength of the two and compare?
Old 09-11-17, 10:07 PM
Returd
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAtomica
Thanks CoOl21

Now I'm really interested in these $30 LCAs. The type of casting done is extremely crucial to the strength, what are some ways we can measure the strength of the two and compare?
XRF for metalurgy. I'd test several locations.

X-ray for casting flaws.

Testing will cost more than the arm.
Old 09-12-17, 11:16 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would like to be assured the structural integrity of those castings.

Even if Toyota outsources these to China for reproduction, at least I know Toyota is behind the reproduction quality process...however, this seems too good to be true (at least from a quality stand point).

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-17-17 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 02:01 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Returd
XRF for metalurgy. I'd test several locations.

X-ray for casting flaws.

Testing will cost more than the arm.
^^ Thanks, Returd! Looks like that will have to be the next step if it gets that far. But this wouldn't tell us anything about the ball joint quality, would it?
Old 09-12-17, 02:50 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

following this thread to see the outcome as i am currenlty looking to replace my lca. Sucks that figs is so expensive and supras are hard to find.
Old 09-12-17, 05:55 PM
Returd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ Thanks, Returd! Looks like that will have to be the next step if it gets that far. But this wouldn't tell us anything about the ball joint quality, would it?
no it won't, these things sound like death on a stick. They likely won't fail under low stress, low speed driving but rather at highway speed in a corner. You'll have a few seconds to revel in the money you saved as you careen off the road.
The following users liked this post:
Rhwins (03-08-20)
Old 09-12-17, 06:44 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You'd be suprised to find out how much of your JDM car is actually made in China. Even they farm out work! Has any one heard of North American Suspension? They are in Illinois. They are a subsidiary of Sankei-555 co. of Japan who makes aftermarket parts for our cars, including control arms. They also manufacture in China. I couldn't get into Sankei parts catalog as i not a registered member, but i may contact NAS for some info, but may have to use my corporate credentials. Still willing to get a set of these chinese arms to try out so lets get this approved, and get a few to test. I can do most of the NDE testing here at work.
The following users liked this post:
mrmj2u (10-06-17)
Old 09-12-17, 07:25 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

no it won't, these things sound like death on a stick. They likely won't fail under low stress, low speed driving but rather at highway speed in a corner. You'll have a few seconds to revel in the money you saved as you careen off the road.
Not necessarily, if they turn out to be junk then yes, but without looking at them and trying a set out you can't really say that for sure. Like the post above says, you might be surprised to know what is actually made there. Evaluation and test is the only way to know.
Old 09-12-17, 08:10 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

i tried doing some research on this company and wasnt able to find much. only thing i did find was on fb and it only had like 2 reviews from like 4 years ago. both reviews sad the quality of the items was bad. i guess you get what you pay for in the end.
Old 09-17-17, 08:45 PM
BlackIRON
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates on these yet?any pics at all?
Old 09-18-17, 09:38 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

Ok now that Irma passed over im back to normal...ish. Still a ton of debris around my area but my power came back on today so im back up and running.
Ramblerman were you able to get a reply from miparts in regards to purchasing just one set of these arms to test quality and fitment?
Old 09-18-17, 06:33 PM
Returd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RXRodger
Not necessarily, if they turn out to be junk then yes, but without looking at them and trying a set out you can't really say that for sure. Like the post above says, you might be surprised to know what is actually made there. Evaluation and test is the only way to know.
mark up will be around 50%

what quality level do you a critical suspension part will be at a manufacturing and distribution cost of $15?

I think your odds are better taking a ride in a 50 year old Russian helicopter maintained by parts starved Cubans.
Old 09-18-17, 07:19 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

mark up will be around 50%

what quality level do you a critical suspension part will be at a manufacturing and distribution cost of $15?

I think your odds are better taking a ride in a 50 year old Russian helicopter maintained by parts starved Cubans.
About the same quality as all the other billions of pieces made in that country. Some are sheet and some are not bad depending on who was behind the venture and what quality measures they put in place. Thats why you look and decide. But if you don't want to consider it then this thread is not for you.

Quick Reply: Front LCA for $30!?!?!