Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front LCA for $30!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-17, 06:50 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gee: If you need them asap, they do list OEM set for a couple hundred more 600 hundred some thing which is a good deal for OEM. The NAS ones sold out fast once we discovered them! Hope he has ordered at least a hundred sets for all of us who need them;-) I will give my set a good test but don't think I'll live long enough to put another 236k on the old girl, but am planning a few long road trips to go on. She is now my joy ride rather than daily ride. Am buying a set of the rear upper NAS arms also. Halon: if we get 80k out of them that is better than some moog parts I have purchased.
Old 10-19-17, 09:37 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

If you get 80k out of them yes I'd say that's absolutely a good value. Coming from a respected (albeit lesser known) brand like NAS/Sankei I think gives these a much higher level of initial buyer comfort over the no name Chinese ones. I think these will prove to be a good alternative to actual oem toyota, but only time will tell for sure.

I brought up companies like Moog and Dorman because they are aftermarket oem manufacturers that are already well known for providing quality parts. I'm sure you can find a critic for those brands (or any brand) but in general they are well known brands known to generally make quality aftermarket oem parts. And if they came out with a version I think people would have comfort from a buyers perspective that they're getting a part from a well known manufacturer that is familiar and can be trusted it won't be made from scrap pot metal and snap while on a cloverleaf. The Chinese ones do not offer that initial buyer comfort level, but the NAS ones do. So I'm glad to see a known aftermarket oem company stepping up here, and I hope more do and we can start shopping them from a number of different respected aftermarket oem brands just like we can currently for say front upper arms off Rock Auto.
Old 10-19-17, 10:24 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I still have never seen the listing but I definitely need to get a set. My control arms and bushings look so bad.
Old 10-19-17, 01:59 PM
Gee44
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Gee: If you need them asap, they do list OEM set for a couple hundred more 600 hundred some thing which is a good deal for OEM. The NAS ones sold out fast once we discovered them! Hope he has ordered at least a hundred sets for all of us who need them;-) I will give my set a good test but don't think I'll live long enough to put another 236k on the old girl, but am planning a few long road trips to go on. She is now my joy ride rather than daily ride. Am buying a set of the rear upper NAS arms also. Halon: if we get 80k out of them that is better than some moog parts I have purchased.
I did see the OEM set but I will hold out for now since it's not my daily and hopefully I should get many miles from them.

Thanks
Old 10-27-17, 02:39 AM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys think that the $30 arms are the same ones listed on ebay for cheaper than oems,I'm just saying

Last edited by roc; 10-27-17 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-27-17, 06:03 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by roc
Do you guys think that the $30 arms are the same ones listed on ebay for cheaper than oems,I'm just saying
If the picture on the miparts website is the actual part, then no they are not the same. The bushings on the NAS arms are completely different.
The miparts bushings look nonstandard and look like they have a delrin sleeve instead of metal.
Old 10-30-17, 09:11 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Roc: bushings are definetly not the same if miparts photo is actual part being sold. The ones in my NAS arms look just like the OEM ones. Same thought had occurred to me also so I did the research on them, they are 2 different companies. 1of Chinese origin the other Japanese. NAS is the American subsidiary of Sankei-555/jp based in Illinois. You can call them during their business hours if needed to confirm who they are. I think the reason we are just now seeing OEM spec aftermarket arms is because Lexus held onto the copyright for 20 years before releasing to aftermarket. Many auto manufacturers do this but most will only hold 10 years on parts at the most. If you notice there is no listing for 97-00 but they will probably show up in the next few years, even though as I understand the older arms can be used on the newer cars.
Old 12-21-17, 06:46 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

Hey guys, Im finally going to be buying some control arms for the car when i ran into an issue. I know it has been discussed to death so im trying to get a straight answer. Been researching for the past 2 days and im getting conflicting results, anyway:

Can i use early model (92-96) front lower control arms on my 1999 SC400 without replacing bushings? Please let me know

Thanks
Old 12-22-17, 05:55 AM
logix7
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

what ever happened to this thread anyways? did anyone ACTUALLY buy the arms or not?
Old 12-22-17, 10:01 AM
- V -
Instructor

everyone sort of agreed that the NAS arms are a better alternative, especially when you consider shipping time and costs of the $30 once.

still trying to find out if I can use early model (92-96) front lower control arms on my 1999 SC400 without replacing bushings? There is SO much conflicting info out there, some saying that the curvature of the arms are different, others say that the only difference is in the bushings and some are saying they are essentially identical and the difference in bushings is just design and does not affect fitment. Someone please clarify this for me so i know if i have to spend an extra $100.

Last edited by - V -; 12-22-17 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-25-17, 03:11 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

No one has reported back as having purchased the miparts arms. We are still waiting for toyolex to get the next shipment of NAS arms in as they were cleaned out quickly after we discovered them. I check frequently and am sure others are watching also, so we can notify all when back in stock.
Old 12-26-17, 12:04 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by vteruni
Hey guys, Im finally going to be buying some control arms for the car when i ran into an issue. I know it has been discussed to death so im trying to get a straight answer. Been researching for the past 2 days and im getting conflicting results, anyway:

Can i use early model (92-96) front lower control arms on my 1999 SC400 without replacing bushings? Please let me know

Thanks
Yes, you can use them. They'll bolt in fine.
The following users liked this post:
- V - (12-26-17)
Old 12-26-17, 12:59 AM
- V -
Instructor

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Yes, you can use them. They'll bolt in fine.
Thank you!
Old 01-02-18, 06:52 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Talking 97-00 oem spec front Lca's/NAS now listed!

Originally Posted by vteruni
Thank you!
Just checked Toyolex Ebay store, they now have 97-00 front Lca's from NAS listed,and more than 10 available. RH and LH as as singles but no sets 224 each. You might want to get a set before they're all gone.
Old 01-02-18, 07:21 PM
- V -
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Just checked Toyolex Ebay store, they now have 97-00 front Lca's from NAS listed,and more than 10 available. RH and LH as as singles but no sets 224 each. You might want to get a set before they're all gone.
already got them, and i actually spoke with them about the differences between the early and late model arms from NAS and they told me the only difference is that the late model once use stiffer bushings. I have the arms already, going to be putting them on this weekend then time for an alignment. Looking forward to this car driving straight for the first time since ive owned it haha

Quick Reply: Front LCA for $30!?!?!