Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

StopTech Drilled Rotors & Akebono ProAct Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-17, 07:12 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default StopTech Drilled Rotors & Akebono ProAct Pads

Hi Everyone!

Just ordered these StopTech drilled rotors and will be running the same pads I currently use (Akebono ProAct)

Anyone have experience with these rotors? Good, bad, ugly?

Rotor part #s 128.44138L & 128.44137R
Pads part #
ACT1118

Thank you

Last edited by mjh09e; 08-09-17 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-09-17, 07:36 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the stoptech drilled rotors and akebono brake pads and they have a good amount of stopping power. Prior to this setup i had stock rotors and pads. I must admit, the stock pads have better initial bite than akebono. But still good nonetheless
The following users liked this post:
mjh09e (08-09-17)
Old 08-09-17, 07:56 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by metaleckz
I have the stoptech drilled rotors and akebono brake pads and they have a good amount of stopping power. Prior to this setup i had stock rotors and pads. I must admit, the stock pads have better initial bite than akebono. But still good nonetheless
I agree about the initial bite, but I can't live with all the brake dust. My mechanic recommended the Hawk Pads (green) or the Akebono.
Old 08-09-17, 10:07 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

You can't get performance without dust. So if your pads don't dust, they suck. By definition.

In terms of rotors, installing drilled rotors effectively reduces your rotor size. So you thought you had 13.8" brakes, you now have something like 12.5. It's like installing IS250 rotors or something. I would just go professional stock blanks.
Old 08-09-17, 04:48 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
You can't get performance without dust. So if your pads don't dust, they suck. By definition.

In terms of rotors, installing drilled rotors effectively reduces your rotor size. So you thought you had 13.8" brakes, you now have something like 12.5. It's like installing IS250 rotors or something. I would just go professional stock blanks.
So you are saying the total surface area of the rotor decreased?

As for the brake pads, I've been using the Akebono's since December and have no complaints, so I'll be using them again. I'm okay losing some performance to gain the ease of cleaning my wheels and not having to wash my car every other day. Sucky works for me I guess
Old 08-10-17, 06:33 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OEM Non-fsport brake pads

Dust free
mjh09e (08-10-17)
Old 08-10-17, 07:17 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Phamkq
OEM Non-fsport brake pads

Dust free
That's a great idea. Never even thought about that! Thank you
Old 08-11-17, 03:36 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

^yeah they're cheap. $55 on ebay. scottsdale lexus or something like that

And yeah the holes essentially decrease the surface area effectively giving you smaller rotors.
Old 08-11-17, 05:40 PM
fivesevenn
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i have used the stoptech rotors for the sti, didnt feel much difference when braking hard/tracking. i prefer getting a better quality pads while using a blank style rotor.
mjh09e (08-11-17)
Old 08-11-17, 06:53 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by fivesevenn
i have used the stoptech rotors for the sti, didnt feel much difference when braking hard/tracking. i prefer getting a better quality pads while using a blank style rotor.
What is a better quality pad? Don't Infinitis come with Akebono brakes now?
Old 08-11-17, 08:45 PM
fivesevenn
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you would have to ask someone else or do more research as i just recently owned a 17 IS300 so i havent replaced the brakes yet. and yes, OEM pads for infiniti is Akebono.
Old 08-25-17, 11:43 AM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

MJH09SE,

Did you install these rotors yet? There was a thread on here in which a couple posters said these rotors do not fit AWD F-sport models. It doesn't appear that your car is AWD, but I'm still interested to know if you ran into any issues. I have them as well but I haven't had the time to install them yet. The return period has expired for me, so I'm stuck with them. I bought mine from RockAuto, and the site listed them as being compatible with my vehicle. Other sites said the same, so I figured that they would be fine. I think the poster who stated they did not fit had a Canada spec vehicle, so I'm not sure if that might have been the issue (I don't know if Canada spec vehicles have different measurements).
Old 08-26-17, 09:06 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CriMe
MJH09SE,

Did you install these rotors yet? There was a thread on here in which a couple posters said these rotors do not fit AWD F-sport models. It doesn't appear that your car is AWD, but I'm still interested to know if you ran into any issues. I have them as well but I haven't had the time to install them yet. The return period has expired for me, so I'm stuck with them. I bought mine from RockAuto, and the site listed them as being compatible with my vehicle. Other sites said the same, so I figured that they would be fine. I think the poster who stated they did not fit had a Canada spec vehicle, so I'm not sure if that might have been the issue (I don't know if Canada spec vehicles have different measurements).
No problems with the install at all. They fit perfectly, but yes, my car is rwd. Not sure how that would affect the front brakes. Aren't they the same on all the 2016+ models?
Old 08-26-17, 09:45 AM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the follow-up. I checked TireRack's site and they now list the rotors that I have as being compatible with RWD F-sport vehicles only. They list a different part number for AWD F-sport vehicles. Before I bought the rotors, I read that the rotors are the same for all F-sport vehicles and the 200t. PartsGeek now also lists a different model number for the AWD variant of the vehicle, so it looks like the parts sites are now updated with the correct information.

I'm glad that I never attempted the installation because I would have taken everything apart for nothing.

Further Information can be found in this thread for anyone who may be interested:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ke-rotors.html

Thanks again for the reply, mjh09e. I'm glad that everything worked out nicely for you.
Old 08-26-17, 10:54 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CriMe
Thanks for the follow-up. I checked TireRack's site and they now list the rotors that I have as being compatible with RWD F-sport vehicles only. They list a different part number for AWD F-sport vehicles. Before I bought the rotors, I read that the rotors are the same for all F-sport vehicles and the 200t. PartsGeek now also lists a different model number for the AWD variant of the vehicle, so it looks like the parts sites are now updated with the correct information.

I'm glad that I never attempted the installation because I would have taken everything apart for nothing.

Further Information can be found in this thread for anyone who may be interested:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ke-rotors.html

Thanks again for the reply, mjh09e. I'm glad that everything worked out nicely for you.
My pleasure and thank you! They look phenominal. I'm thinking about doing the rears as well because they look so good.

Quick Reply: StopTech Drilled Rotors & Akebono ProAct Pads