Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SC300 TRAC only delete? (Keep ABS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-17, 08:27 AM
1999sc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 TRAC only delete? (Keep ABS)

Hey guys,

So I need to replace the brake master cylinder on my '99 SC300, and I found that there are two versions of it, one for cars with the traction control system and one for those without it. I haven't had traction control kick on yet while driving this car, and for my future plans won't need it. I'm wondering if I can remove the traction control system by itself properly? I've done some searching here on the forums and found threads of people who delete ABS and TRAC together, but I'd like to keep ABS. And I've found threads of people explaining ways you can pull a fuse or other things along those lines to disable TRAC, but I'd like to do it properly and remove anything I don't need if I can do so.

What I'm thinking is, would it be possible to buy the master cylinder that is for cars without TRAC, delete the TRAC Pump/Actuator and anything else related to the TRAC system, and get an ABS only ECU? (rather than the ABS/TRAC ECU, or find some other way of preventing the dash light from coming on?)

I found this article (http://www.supraforums.com/forum/arc.../t-400901.html) that explains how to do so for a MKIV Supra, and I wonder if this would be a similar process on an SC.

Has anyone done this? Or does anyone have any insight on doing this properly?

Thanks!
Old 11-16-21, 05:15 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999sc300
Hey guys,

So I need to replace the brake master cylinder on my '99 SC300, and I found that there are two versions of it, one for cars with the traction control system and one for those without it. I haven't had traction control kick on yet while driving this car, and for my future plans won't need it. I'm wondering if I can remove the traction control system by itself properly? I've done some searching here on the forums and found threads of people who delete ABS and TRAC together, but I'd like to keep ABS. And I've found threads of people explaining ways you can pull a fuse or other things along those lines to disable TRAC, but I'd like to do it properly and remove anything I don't need if I can do so.

What I'm thinking is, would it be possible to buy the master cylinder that is for cars without TRAC, delete the TRAC Pump/Actuator and anything else related to the TRAC system, and get an ABS only ECU? (rather than the ABS/TRAC ECU, or find some other way of preventing the dash light from coming on?)

I found this article (http://www.supraforums.com/forum/arc.../t-400901.html) that explains how to do so for a MKIV Supra, and I wonder if this would be a similar process on an SC.

Has anyone done this? Or does anyone have any insight on doing this properly?

Thanks!
I've got a car with ABS and trac, I also want to remove just the Trac. I'm going to try and update this what what i end up doing