Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

'08 IS250 150k: Shocks Shot. Koni Sport or F-Sport?

Old 05-03-17, 10:46 PM
arafas
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default '08 IS250 150k: Shocks Shot. Koni Sport or F-Sport?

So My shocks are gone on my is250, leaking and rides like crap. So need to replace the shocks. don't want lower the car really don't care about lowering. would you recommend Koni yellow or f sport(bilstein). I want smooth ride OEM

Thanks
Old 05-04-17, 03:45 AM
2grfan
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Koni's are going to be more sporty, with quicker rebound. I wouldn't recommend them if you want a soft compliant ride. Why not OE tokicos? Koni FSD is another option that would be for daily driving and not harsh.
The following users liked this post:
Thong (01-17-18)
Old 05-04-17, 06:54 AM
arafas
Rookie

i want little less body roll, never looked in to koni fsd
Thong (01-17-18)
Old 05-04-17, 09:11 AM
strikeraj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just FYI, my local stealership says the fsport shock is already out of production. you will need some luck to find new units
Old 05-04-17, 12:38 PM
arafas
Rookie

Ye i hear that fsport shocks are hard to find. So koni yellow, koni fsd, or fsport. I would prefer not to drop these, i would just run it with the stock springs. Can somebody give their experience or opinion.
Old 06-07-17, 07:40 PM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by strikeraj
just FYI, my local stealership says the fsport shock is already out of production. you will need some luck to find new units
Thats the rumor but if you search the part numbers online you will find many places still have them and are selling.

Shocks
PTR13-53093 - Front Left
PTR13-53094 - Front Right
PTR13-53095 x2 - Rear
springs
PTR07-53090
Thong (01-17-18)
Old 10-29-17, 07:30 PM
AARONHL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2grfan
Koni's are going to be more sporty, with quicker rebound. I wouldn't recommend them if you want a soft compliant ride. Why not OE tokicos? Koni FSD is another option that would be for daily driving and not harsh.
U got a website to buy these aftermarket "stock" shocks?
Old 10-29-17, 07:56 PM
XSV
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

get bc coilovers
Old 10-30-17, 04:06 PM
2grfan
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AARONHL
U got a website to buy these aftermarket "stock" shocks?
Tirerack has KYB’s but I was wrong, koni only makes a sport shock for our cars, not the FSD.
Old 11-01-17, 07:34 PM
andper10
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Fsport shocks with stock springs are noticably harsher than stock shocks/springs. I don't recommend them for your situation. Fsport sway bars will nearly eliminate the body roll though...they really transform the cornering feel! I second the stock Tokico shock recommendation.
Old 11-02-17, 05:40 PM
XSV
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by andper10
Fsport shocks with stock springs are noticably harsher than stock shocks/springs. I don't recommend them for your situation. Fsport sway bars will nearly eliminate the body roll though...they really transform the cornering feel! I second the stock Tokico shock recommendation.
With coilovers you can adjust the stiffness/softness. Just get coilovers. And F Sport sway bars will decrease body roll, but not eliminate it. You'll need stiffer suspension minimize the roll even further (hence where coilovers come into play)
Old 12-17-17, 03:43 PM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Koni FSD'd are discontinued for our cars as well, alongside the bilstein f-sports
Old 12-17-17, 06:31 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

+1 BC Racing BR Coilovers, there's a reason why they're so popular for our platform. With the standard BCR spring rates 10k/8k the ride is still very comfortable and you can adjust the harshness as you like. I'm pretty sure they are cheaper than replacement struts even if you have to replace the shock cartridge every 30k miles or so IIRC, but at least they are rebuildable
Old 12-19-17, 10:52 AM
strikeraj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally I am looking to get a Feal 441 max travel kit for my car. They don't list it as a compatible model on their website but I emailed them and they say they can build one no problem.
Reasons I am looking at this vs other entry level coilover
1. I can maintain stock height or slight raise for winter driving (I am in Canada and lots of snow here) with the ability to mildly lower for summer
2. Swift spring standard
3. Longer travel shock comparing to other brands (again, ****ty road)
4. Odi (the owner) is reputable in the suspension tuning crowd (from reading and talking to him)
Old 12-20-17, 06:11 AM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by strikeraj
personally I am looking to get a Feal 441 max travel kit for my car. They don't list it as a compatible model on their website but I emailed them and they say they can build one no problem.
Reasons I am looking at this vs other entry level coilover
1. I can maintain stock height or slight raise for winter driving (I am in Canada and lots of snow here) with the ability to mildly lower for summer
2. Swift spring standard
3. Longer travel shock comparing to other brands (again, ****ty road)
4. Odi (the owner) is reputable in the suspension tuning crowd (from reading and talking to him)
Feal is all hush hush about their valving which is weird, people have said they are simply re-valved BC's, which could be good thing as the hardware on BC's is legit, but they should be more transparent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '08 IS250 150k: Shocks Shot. Koni Sport or F-Sport?