Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-17, 04:17 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

......facepalm

http://perfectcircletire.com/images/tirewear.png
Old 04-23-17, 08:20 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
I freaken hate this forum especially 3IS.

like i said, "these" cars (meaning IS models) have dynamic toe problem. Not camber problem. If the camber was the problem then the rear tires would go out way before fronts do since it has more camber.

What you and the other dude is generalizing common camber problem. Again, not a lexus is
Why you mad ? the picture that you showed just an illustration, i'm not gonna argue all we do here is to help and give advice, we have Hunter Engineer Alignment Machine and Hunter Roadforce machine at our shop, if you know so much and so pro why you asked ? your tire looks like it's rubbed against your fender due to SLAMMED or massive negative camber, if you gonna slam you go with AIR SUSPENSION that costs you 5k usd$

Here my car is on the Hunter Engineer Alignment Machine ! i might make a video that we Modify suspension on Porche Corvette Audi BMW, M series AMG RS7 R8 Nissan GTR ton of expensive and supercars at came to our shop for suspension. Don't get mad we're here to help you.
Old 04-23-17, 08:28 PM
Solara350
Instructor

I think i have pics, next time every performance cars comes ill take pic n keep. Thats all i have on my new phone.
Attached Thumbnails RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-2017videos-027.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-2017videos-028.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-diffuserpic.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-marineandzoo-010.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-marineandzoo-009.jpg  

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-marineandzoo-008.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-marineandzoo-007.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-marineandzoo-012.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-marineandzoo-011.jpg   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-is250-041.jpg  

Old 04-23-17, 09:33 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

You just posted a bunch of pictures??? Good for you that you got a great alignment machine. And I'm not doubting your alignment skills.

Are you even reading what I'm posting? Please read what I've been posting.

Again, My car is completely stock and my alignment is within the factory specs. And it is not rubbing off anywhere. What I and other stock IS owners have is a toe issue. A camber wears the tire throughout gradually and a toe wears the tires just on the edge of it, which is what I and others have.

Again, this was already addressed in other Is model forum, including RCF, ISF, 2IS and RC, and the remedy is the harder LCA bushing.

Again, I'm not asking anyone about alignment or what type of wear I have. I'm asking about opinions and feedbacks of the LCA bushings.
Old 04-23-17, 09:49 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

There are bunch of RR-racing USRS review on other forum.

here is an example

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-results.html
Old 04-24-17, 04:15 PM
Solara350
Instructor

You just posted a bunch of pictures??? Good for you that you got a great alignment machine. And I'm not doubting your alignment skills.

Are you even reading what I'm posting? Please read what I've been posting.

Again, My car is completely stock and my alignment is within the factory specs. And it is not rubbing off anywhere. What I and other stock IS owners have is a toe issue. A camber wears the tire throughout gradually and a toe wears the tires just on the edge of it, which is what I and others have.

Again, this was already addressed in other Is model forum, including RCF, ISF, 2IS and RC, and the remedy is the harder LCA bushing.

Again, I'm not asking anyone about alignment or what type of wear I have. I'm asking about opinions and feedbacks of the LCA bushings.
pinoygil said you need camber kit you replied -1.5 camber is nothing now you're saying you running stock ? how OEM setup has -1.5 camber in the front ? and that forum section is IS-F you're in a gen3 IS, suspension is totally different. i quoted because you said you ran -2-3 camber on STI without problem, you think we're stupid , if you have AIR SUSPENSION or Adjustable Coilovers that's would be different story? FIGS LCA bushing is harder than OEM one it makes your car brake and turn a bit stiffer that's all they do, by the way here a site and some pics you can look at http://skycrestauto.com/Pages/tire_wear.html
We showed off pics because we wanna prove that we are not "Tommy Guesser"
Attached Thumbnails RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-tire-wear.gif   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-tire-wear2.png   RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing-tire-wear3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (04-03-19)
Old 04-24-17, 04:42 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

The illustration you provided shows toe wear is what caused the damaged on my tires.

Factory rears are set at around -1.5 and my rears are completely fine. Not even a camber wear. And yes, i ran anywhere between -2 to -3 in the fronts on my sti and i never had a wear like what i have on the IS.

Last edited by Bichon; 04-26-17 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-24-17, 06:35 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...se-system.html
Slightly off topic, looks like a Group Buy for the USRS just started in the 2is forum.
Just an FYI
The following 2 users liked this post by LexSense:
jkonquer (04-25-17), RobEQ (04-26-17)
Old 04-25-17, 07:59 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Just in case anyone is actually wondering what the real specs are for the front and rear camber, here it is:

Front camber

Rear Camber

For reference, alignment machines will show, on screen, the measurements indicated in the brackets () above.
Rear camber that is -1.5 degrees is pretty much spot on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
jkonquer (04-25-17), Noeh (11-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 08:39 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Thanks for posting the chart. Do you happened to have the entire alignment specs?

The camber and toe specified specs are so low on these factory spec'ed vehicle for it to have any premature wear. And after talking with FIGS Engineering and RR-Racing, they agreed that soft Lower Control Arm bushing is what causes the dynamic toe changes in which wears the inside of the tires.

For those who reading this thread, camber causes wear on the wider area of a tire where as toe causes wear on the small area on the edge of a tire. And Front suspension geometry on 2IS, ISF, and 3IS pretty much identical exception to the shocks and some minor components.

Last edited by jkonquer; 04-25-17 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-25-17, 08:59 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Front alignment specs:

Rear alignment specs:

Toe
jkonquer (04-25-17)
Old 04-26-17, 05:56 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

The camber and toe specified specs are so low on these factory spec'ed vehicle for it to have any premature wear. And after talking with FIGS Engineering and RR-Racing, they agreed that soft Lower Control Arm bushing is what causes the dynamic toe changes in which wears the inside of the tires.

For those who reading this thread, camber causes wear on the wider area of a tire where as toe causes wear on the small area on the edge of a tire. And Front suspension geometry on 2IS, ISF, and 3IS pretty much identical exception to the shocks and some minor components.
You are correct. The dynamic toe changes from the soft OEM LCA bushings are a well-known cause of premature inner-tire wear for the 2IS/IS-F/3IS and has been documented by multiple years of sample rates from CL members. Upgrading to firmer aftermarket LCA bushings plus changing the toe setting to zero on both front tires have resolved the inner tire wear issues for the majority of folks.

I freaken hate this forum especially 3IS.

like i said, "these" cars (meaning IS models) have dynamic toe problem. Not camber problem. If the camber was the problem then the rear tires would go out way before fronts do since it has more camber.

What you and the other dude is generalizing common camber problem. Again, not a lexus is
I've been following this thread the past few days and I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with such hostilities from other very-opinionated members. Unless your tire is oddly rubbing on something in the wheelwell (which it shouldn't since you're on stock height and alignment), this is clearly a dynamic toe issue caused by soft LCA bushings, not a camber wear issue.

The below video from FIGS Engineering clearly shows how the front tire toe settings drastically changes during braking conditions on OEM bushings and how toe becomes stable when using a high durometer LCA bushing:

jkonquer (04-26-17)
Old 04-26-17, 08:32 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Thank you for the info. There are many misinformation especially on 3IS threads. Mainly due to lack of experience and general clientele of 3IS owners. But sometimes you just have put them on spot so no one is mislead.

Last edited by jkonquer; 04-26-17 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-26-17, 07:39 PM
Solara350
Instructor

sasnuke dude keep copying pics and info from other website.

redspencer if you said so, you meant Lexus selling lemon car ? which defected LCA bushing ? FIGS or any manufacture will prove something so they can sell their product, most members have this Issue because they lowered their car and changed their suspension geometry, how come Lexus IS 3rd gen STOCK in general don't have this issue ? and spencer dude jkonquer suspension isn't stock his car is lowered, Harder LCA bushing helps handling braking and turns, LCA causes wear unless it smashed or cracked. Honestly Spencer do you think OEM LCA bush caused Jkonquer's tires worn like that ? how come the rest of us stock don't have, at my Shop no Lexus has come for this kind of issue.
Old 04-27-17, 04:23 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

There's a video on RR Racings site with the owner explaining the benefits the USRS provides. I would suggest checking it out. Great stuff.

Quick Reply: RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing