Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 04:47 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
There's a video on RR Racings site with the owner explaining the benefits the USRS provides. I would suggest checking it out. Great stuff.
yup I would install a set for better handling braking and turning ! Not inner tires wear.
Old 04-27-17, 11:26 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
redspencer if you said so, you meant Lexus selling lemon car ? which defected LCA bushing ?
Why would you jump to conclusions that the OEM LCA bushings would have to be defective and that Lexus would then be selling lemon cars? The soft OEM LCA bushings are designed for comfort in mind. Higher rated durometer bushings would increase NVH which is not what the average Lexus owner wants.

FIGS or any manufacture will prove something so they can sell their product...
FIGS and RR-Racing proved that dynamic toe changes is a very common issue on multiple Lexus models and will help prematurely wear out the front inner treads. Stock toe settings is another factor for increased tire wear. We have years of historical data on the CL forums that have already addressed that these are the main culprits for the front tires wearing out prematurely and that you'll have to adjust your toe setting to zero and upgrade your soft OEM LCA bushings to higher durometer versions to reduce dynamic toe changes while braking or cornering.

,...most members have this Issue because they lowered their car and changed their suspension geometry, how come Lexus IS 3rd gen STOCK in general don't have this issue ?
There's multiple threads on the 3IS sub-forums with owners exhibiting heavy inner tread wear on their 10k-15k mileage Lexus while stock. You even replied in one of these threads so I'm not sure how you missed not knowing that the 3IS still have this issue?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...20k-miles.html

...and spencer dude jkonquer suspension isn't stock his car is lowered.
Re-read what jkonquer posted earlier as he too has repeated this multiple times but for some reason you are not comprehending...

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Are you even reading what I'm posting? Please read what I've been posting.

Again, My car is completely stock and my alignment is within the factory specs. And it is not rubbing off anywhere. What I and other stock IS owners have is a toe issue. A camber wears the tire throughout gradually and a toe wears the tires just on the edge of it, which is what I and others have.

Again, this was already addressed in other Is model forum, including RCF, ISF, 2IS and RC, and the remedy is the harder LCA bushing.

Again, I'm not asking anyone about alignment or what type of wear I have. I'm asking about opinions and feedbacks of the LCA bushings.
Honestly Spencer do you think OEM LCA bush caused Jkonquer's tires worn like that ? how come the rest of us stock don't have, at my Shop no Lexus has come for this kind of issue.
Do a search for "inner tread wear" on the 2IS/ISF/3IS/RC sub-forums, and read the years of threads on how common it is for the front tires to wear out prematurely along the inner tread that plagues the majority of owners, even at stock height and alignment. Afterwards, read about how CL owners have resolved this issue and having even wear at the front tires again (hint: it has to do with adjusting toe to zero and upgrading the LCA bushings...).

Last edited by redspencer; 04-27-17 at 11:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jkonquer (04-27-17)
Old 04-28-17, 10:50 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Contact us for pricing on the RR USRS!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-28-17, 01:44 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

lol at this thread

@jkonquer just get the bushing and call it a day and don't worry about what these people are spitting out.
deep down inside you already understand and know it will help anyways.

The Front end suspension of the 3IS is essentially the same as a 2IS. Lexus did not re-engineer anything up front.
For the front, all the bolt points are the same and the suspension and brakes can be interchanged between the two generations. So tire wear from that bushing that applies for 2IS will apply for 3IS as well.

Last edited by specONE; 10-11-17 at 10:09 PM.
jkonquer (04-28-17)
Old 04-28-17, 03:21 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Lol at this thread as well, I have never met anyone like that ever in 18 years of car forum surfing.

Yup, ordered and installed. I'll be getting new tires soon along with new alignment. We shall see.

Last edited by jkonquer; 04-28-17 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-28-17, 07:30 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Anyway....

The installation of RR-Racing USRS was pretty simple and a breeze. Total time took about an hour. Setting up and getting all the tools ready took more than the actual install.
Only hiccup was getting the preload set to the 0.020" gap correctly took several tries until I "felt" satisfied. Everything is torqued to the spec and will be re-checking them in 500 miles. BTW, stock bushings are super soft. I was able to move the washer in the bushing with my finger with ease.

The steering feels solid and firmer, no more of that wandering steering in straight line. The braking feels firm and over all car feels more alert. It does generate more feedback to the steer wheel which equals to more felt bumps and imperfections on the road.

I haven't had the time to push the car since I need new tires. So a full review will be coming.

Last edited by jkonquer; 04-28-17 at 07:34 PM.
ttsport15 (08-20-17)
Old 08-20-17, 02:13 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Anyway....

The installation of RR-Racing USRS was pretty simple and a breeze. Total time took about an hour. Setting up and getting all the tools ready took more than the actual install.
Only hiccup was getting the preload set to the 0.020" gap correctly took several tries until I "felt" satisfied. Everything is torqued to the spec and will be re-checking them in 500 miles. BTW, stock bushings are super soft. I was able to move the washer in the bushing with my finger with ease.

The steering feels solid and firmer, no more of that wandering steering in straight line. The braking feels firm and over all car feels more alert. It does generate more feedback to the steer wheel which equals to more felt bumps and imperfections on the road.

I haven't had the time to push the car since I need new tires. So a full review will be coming.
any updates?
MilkMonstr (08-24-17)
Old 08-20-17, 07:09 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

So i put in about little less than 1000 miles on the new Michelin PIlot Super Sport and haven't seen any toe wears so far. It is probably is too early to tell any noticeable wear. I have been driving pretty much the same and steering feels still good. The tires helped out a lot as far as responsiveness goes.
The following 2 users liked this post by jkonquer:
MilkMonstr (08-24-17), ttsport15 (08-20-17)
Old 09-10-17, 10:28 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to post and support jkonquer. I had inner tire wear on my 09 IS250 but was corrected with FIGS LCA. The steering felt straighter and firmer after it was installed.
Now that I am trading in for the 3IS, sad to hear that this problem still exist and I have to purchase another set
jkonquer (09-11-17)
Old 09-11-17, 09:29 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by panda327
Just wanted to post and support jkonquer. I had inner tire wear on my 09 IS250 but was corrected with FIGS LCA. The steering felt straighter and firmer after it was installed.
Now that I am trading in for the 3IS, sad to hear that this problem still exist and I have to purchase another set
I have 11 k on my 17 is300 front tires show No Wear at all...
Old 09-11-17, 09:36 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttsport15
That is good to hear! Was there any changes to the 2017 AWD facelift models that Lexus did to reduce the front tire wear? or maybe AWD models have less noticeable inner tire wear because of the drivetrain?

Last edited by panda327; 09-11-17 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-11-17, 10:34 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

That is good to hear! Was there any changes to the 2017 AWD facelift models that Lexus did to reduce the front tire wear? or maybe AWD models have less noticeable inner tire wear because of the drivetrain?
I'm not sure but I seem to be amune
Old 09-11-17, 05:07 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Originally Posted by ttsport15
yes, the awd models are less prone to it. Since front wheels are turning and pulling and not dragging like on rwd. Although i didn't notice the wear until about 15k miles.

Ever since noticed the wearing problem, I have talked and physically verified with several (maybe 4-5 by now) RWD 3IS's and they all had the issue and not one of them knew about the wear. We don't see much Awd in socal.
ttsport15 (09-11-17)
Old 09-11-17, 05:19 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

thanks for the vouch,

As you could see from this thread, well at least "certain people", aren't very educated on the topic. It took me several days to actually pin point and disgonse the issue. And this is the main problem with lexus is that many owners take their car to the dealership, The dealers just say it is due to the vehicle being a performance car and not tell them about the issue.

Back to the topic, 3is shares same identical front suspension as 2is and other models. They all have this issue.

Last edited by jkonquer; 09-11-17 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-12-17, 11:41 PM
wforty94
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

is there a cheaper alternative like swapping out the bushings to polyurethane ones instead? the entire unit with the billet bracket is quite nice but also pricey.

Quick Reply: RR-Racing USRS or FIGS LCA bushing