Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 AWD w/ coils what camber kit options

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-18, 10:53 AM
Seoulja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I read correctly, the 2015 IS350 AWD front camber adjustment is adjustable? So is that the reason why they do not make camber kits for it?
Old 05-15-18, 11:39 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Seoulja
If I read correctly, the 2015 IS350 AWD front camber adjustment is adjustable? So is that the reason why they do not make camber kits for it?
That's a good question. The problem with the factory adjustment is it can only go so far.
My AWD is lowered on RSR Downs, and I've max'ed out the camber adjustment to try and get within factory specs. I literally need a hair more (lol) movement out of the adjuster, but there's nothing left.
It's an eccentric bolt setup, so basically it has a round plate that butts up against a fixed point with a bolt NOT in the center of the round plate...as you turn the bolt, the distance from the fixed point chances in relation to where you are on the plate.
You'll get to the furthest distance on the plate, and then it goes back around again...sorta like the lobe on a camshaft.
My explanation probably sucks, but if you crawl under the car and look at it and read the description again, it probably makes sense.
The mounting points on the body of the front for the upper control arms is the same for all IS's, so I figure the length of the upper arms must be different, or the lower arms, or both, so that's why the RWD parts won't work.
The lower arms are definitely different in construction (who knows about length), but without being able to measure the two different vehicles side by side, it's hard to say why the aftermarket upper arms won't work.
And of course living in the snowy north, trying to find a RWD is like trying to find a unicorn.
Old 06-24-18, 12:29 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

It's usually not worth trying to increase (positive) camber. You can run into issues with the upper arm hitting the frame with certain kits, or the wheels rubbing the fenders. Keep the oem geometry. These days most people are adding negative camber to fit more agressive wheels.

Last edited by TOPENDMS; 05-06-20 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-05-20, 09:06 PM
Stu3IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
It's usually not worth trying to increase camber. You can run into issues with the upper arm hitting the frame with certain kits, or the wheels rubbing the fenders. Keep the oem geometry. These days most people are adding negative camber to fit more agressive wheels.
nothing wrong with that at all 🤘🏽😎

@Ciggy , what camber ares front and rear are you running nowadays ?