Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front BBK & figs front end

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-17, 02:53 AM
greene
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Front BBK & figs front end

Just finished 6pot BBK and front end overhaul. Every $ was well spent!!
AZ-Performance 13" 6piston Wilwood kit, Stop Tech rear rotors n lines with Hawk HPS pads
Figs: front swaybar, #1 & #2 lower control arm bushings, Megan upper control arms,inner and outer tie rods, swaybar end links, lower ball joints.
The ride isn't harsh at all. Just firm and reassuring in the turns. No more clunking over bumps. I installed Eibach springs n Bilstien sports 2years ago. Though it was time for new shock already, but with the overhaul no more clunks and jitters over imperfections in the road.
Braking is 200% better feel. Not unbalanced at all so far, very noticeable stopping power with minimal pedal pressure.
The rear end already had Megan lower control arms, traction rods, and bracing. Just waiting on my Figs toe links to arrive to install Megan rear upper control arms, and swaybar.
If you live in So. Cal IE you know the westbound I60 to the 71south ramp. It's a nice long rt hand downhill corkscrew that has 35mph posted. I can hit that at 60mph hold it and accelerate out of the apex with no tire squeal on 400 treadwear Achellies ATR Sport 2 tires, 245/35/20 fr, and 275/30/20 in the rear
Attached Thumbnails Front BBK & figs front end-img_2323.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2290.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2652.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2653.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2656.jpg  

Front BBK & figs front end-img_2657.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2658.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2668.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2692.jpg   Front BBK & figs front end-img_2690.jpg  

Old 05-17-17, 04:10 PM
GSdarksol
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work! Looks great
Old 05-18-17, 09:55 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet the brakes feel great.. a BBK is one of the best mods $ can buy!

On pic 5.. is the bushing ripped on control arm #2?
Old 05-19-17, 04:22 PM
firelizard

Received 420 Likes on 335 Posts

Very nice setup
Old 05-22-17, 09:58 AM
ZanderZ32
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the BBK man!
Old 06-11-17, 11:17 AM
greene
Driver School Candidate

Thanks All.
On Pic 5 the Bushing isn't ripped out. It's a 3 piece design. Where it looks separated it's where the bottom 1/2 of the bushing meets with the center piece, was just mocked up & not tight.
The following users liked this post:
GSJake (06-13-17)
Old 06-16-17, 06:27 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You're not getting a rubber band feel in the front end at all are you? I stopped using poly bushings years ago after putting some poly bushings on the A arms of a car with McPherson struts. It caused so much binding that in a corner, it would bind up and then if I hit a crack in the pavement where the tire momentarily lost some traction, the A arm would shoot out laterally before regaining traction. It made for some squirrelyness. Those figs look like they've put some serious thought into preventing that though. I'm thinking about either these or Daizen. Obviously the stock bushings seem to be like a design flaw so these might actually be better.
Old 06-23-17, 06:10 PM
greene
Driver School Candidate

No rubber band feel at all. Everything is nice and planted. I never had any Dazien bushings. But every bushing I bought from Figs worked with no problem. That control arm bushings has a press in center section, steel insert that pushes through, then the top n bottom bushing slide on the insert. So you get the firm ride with no binding, because each bushing can move independently if need be.
I also did the inner and outer tie rods, and sway bar endliks. When I first replaced. The steering rack bushings, and sway bar bushings it still felt a little sloppy, turns out the inner and outer tie rods were shot as well as the upper ball joint.
So best tackle everything on the front end if you have the $$ to do so. Or do it in stages.
When I added the super pro sway bars it took the last bit of body roll out of the car. Now I get the tip in with no extra roll. With just the sway bar bushings it would tip in roll a bit after tip in then hold. But the roll was always predictable and a lot better that the stock sway bar bushings wobble.