Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

ltuned noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 07:58 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default ltuned noise

i have installed myself ltuned set up about 3 weeks ago with the other susp braces front and rear.

i now have a slight clunk noise from drivers side front strut/spring when i am going around a right hand deep bend /curve and if the road banks to the left in other words when extreme load is placed on that side .

making left turns and right turns fast and hard does not reproduce that sound. i am thinking the bottom coil is not seated right or seated right up against the strut pearch stop so when extreme load is on it it will rub against strut body itself and make that clunk noise

any suggestions or opinions welcome here. the other 3 are quiet as ever
Old 05-09-03, 08:52 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Hey bro,

I had a very similar noise after I had installed my TRD front STB. I did the L-tuned shocks/springs back in February, but never got any clicking noises like you describe till I installed the front STB.

The clicking sound was exactly as you describe - turning left - I would hear the sound from the front right shock/strut.

Anyway I took it into the dealer and they inspected the front end and nothing was wrong with the shocks/struts, control arm etc. The ended up servicing the front brakes and now the sound has dissappeared completely.

I don't know if that helps you or not...........
Old 05-09-03, 09:57 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your car has TRD Sway Bar? Check the sway bar connector. The part that hold the Sway bar to the body. You might have to remove the plastic under cover to check to see if all 4 bold that (black bracket with 4 bold hold to the body of the car) is there or tight. Couple members like me experience the Sway Bar bracket loosen after driving for a while.