Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Do I need Camber Caster Ball Joints?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-16, 09:43 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Do I need Camber Caster Ball Joints?

I wanted to post a question about if I need Ball Joint adjustment for Caster / Camber after I Installed my F Sport Shocks and Coil Overs. Dropping my car 1 inch from this and did not know if I should consider the Adjustable Ball Joints.

Has anyone used these with the F Sport System?

Tex
Old 05-18-16, 06:29 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Simple answer, no. Please confirm if you're installing coilovers or F-sport shocks and springs?
Old 05-18-16, 07:20 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

All F Sport Products

Shocks, coils springs, sway bars, 19inch wheels.
Old 05-19-16, 03:28 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I installed SPC ball joints on both front wheels. They adjust camber up to 1.5 degrees either way (+ or -)

Buy them new because I purchased a set from a club lexus member and both squeaked. My car has f sport springs on stock shocks installed by the previous owner

Further - If you have an IS 250 AWD they have camber adjustment built in, My 10' IS350 doesn't have adjustment built in - not sure about RWD 250's but i assume they would be the same as my car
Old 06-11-16, 08:30 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Simple answer, no. Please confirm if you're installing coilovers or F-sport shocks and springs?
He does if he alternate the OEM alignment spec or else he gets tire worn out prematurely, these peoples are newbie not pro like us, the ride is like crap if you lower too low without camber kit you know that bro !
Old 06-11-16, 08:58 AM
obe1
Pit Crew

Yes that is the questions, to get the answers before tire where comes. Since Lexus designed the 19 wheels, lower springs, shocks, and sway bars to work in these cars, one might think they would say "you need to install adjustment ball joints" or different control arms. But there is no mention of this in their install guides.

So I posted a question to others that might have done the Lexus Suspension and see if they have needed adjustable ball joints. The car drives really well, handles corners very good and soaks up the bumps when driving spirited. The suspension begs to be driving, I hear the car saying yeah keep it coming!
Old 06-11-16, 01:55 PM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by obe1
Yes that is the questions, to get the answers before tire where comes. Since Lexus designed the 19 wheels, lower springs, shocks, and sway bars to work in these cars, one might think they would say "you need to install adjustment ball joints" or different control arms. But there is no mention of this in their install guides.

So I posted a question to others that might have done the Lexus Suspension and see if they have needed adjustable ball joints. The car drives really well, handles corners very good and soaks up the bumps when driving spirited. The suspension begs to be driving, I hear the car saying yeah keep it coming!
1st, is your car F-sport package ? Lexus F-sport or regular Lexus is 2 different departments like TRD Toyota and regular Toyota. TRD Toyota Solara is a big different compare to Toyota Solara F sport is what it meant. eventhough the car is all the same. F sport and TRD equipped with high performance gears.

2nd, there is no lowering spring or Coil that lower your car with just 1 inch, H&R 1.3 front 1.4 rear, minimal drop of most coil is 1.3" , lowering less than 1.5" is fine without installing CAMBER KIT the car will drive perfectly straight and handling will not be effected but your TIRES will wear prematurely after 6 months +

3rd, doesn't matter 1 inch or 2 inches when you drop you need camber kit, you will need pair of ball joints, upper control arms in the front that like 500$, pair of alignment toe and lower control arms in the rear that about 400$ search for Ball joints and camber kit in this forum, it won't let me copy the link somehow.