Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

H&R springs and F sport shock bouncy, anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-16, 01:49 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R springs and F sport shock bouncy, anyone else?

So i been a huge fan of H&R spring on all my car in the past. Now i have a 2006 IS350 with H&R springs with F sport/Bilstein shocks. Seem to rides OK but bouncy on the back. I was wondering if its the springs or the shocks that doing this. I never had this problem before, anyone else has this problem?

Am on stock 18s wheels.

Please advice, i need to stop this bounciness, driving me crazy... litterally

Last edited by 1bimmer; 05-07-16 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-08-16, 06:09 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Anyone has any input?
Old 05-09-16, 11:42 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

I believe it due to the fsports being firmer than the OEM shocks. I remember reading that here or the other IS forum. Folks were saying they experienced the same feeling. I did a ton of research before I bought mine and came across many posts and it does stick out in my memory
Old 05-09-16, 12:42 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
I believe it due to the fsports being firmer than the OEM shocks. I remember reading that here or the other IS forum. Folks were saying they experienced the same feeling. I did a ton of research before I bought mine and came across many posts and it does stick out in my memory

Yes that what I was suspected as well. I guess I have to put back my old stock rear shocks and try them out. Hope it fix it.
Thanks for your feedback
Old 05-10-16, 02:55 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long have you have the H&R and F Sport combo? I noticed that F Sport parts tend to take a while to really soften/quiet up.
Old 05-10-16, 05:44 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by knguyenk
How long have you have the H&R and F Sport combo? I noticed that F Sport parts tend to take a while to really soften/quiet up.
I bought it used from a buddy, he had it for about a year. It ride fine in the front but its just the rear that bother me with the bounce.I will switch out to new KYB rear shocks and my H&R springs and see how it goes.
Old 05-12-16, 12:39 AM
booey23
Rookie

Thinking about getting H&R paired with my oem struts/shocks. Are the springs bouncy? I just had coils and had to sell them because they were too stiff, bouncy, and annoying (D2 Coils). I want something smooth, firm, and not bouncy where when i drive i'm constantly jumping after every small steep part of the road. I'm also debating on F-sport springs as well. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 05-12-16, 11:39 AM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by booey23
Thinking about getting H&R paired with my oem struts/shocks. Are the springs bouncy? I just had coils and had to sell them because they were too stiff, bouncy, and annoying (D2 Coils). I want something smooth, firm, and not bouncy where when i drive i'm constantly jumping after every small steep part of the road. I'm also debating on F-sport springs as well. Any help will be appreciated.

If your OEM shocks are still good you can pair it with H&R springs and will ride great, if not I would recommend Tokico or KYB shocks with H&R springs.

Unless you want a stiffer and more bouncier ride you can do what I had on my is350, H&R with Fsport/ Bilstein setup.

Good luck hope this help
Old 05-12-16, 11:50 AM
booey23
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1bimmer
If your OEM shocks are still good you can pair it with H&R springs and will ride great, if not I would recommend Tokico or KYB shocks with H&R springs.

Unless you want a stiffer and more bouncier ride you can do what I had on my is350, H&R with Fsport/ Bilstein setup.

Good luck hope this help
I don't want any bounce lol. Or a too much conistent bounce. I was planning to change out my struts when i get the springs.
Old 05-12-16, 11:52 AM
SwedeMetal
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

1bim - you had FSPORT shocks and H&R and it was BOUNCY? How do you mean BOUNCY?
Old 05-12-16, 12:11 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by booey23
I don't want any bounce lol. Or a too much conistent bounce. I was planning to change out my struts when i get the springs.

If you was gonna change shocks I would suggest Tokico or KYB, its decent and does good for the price.
Old 05-12-16, 12:19 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by SwedeMetal
1bim - you had FSPORT shocks and H&R and it was BOUNCY? How do you mean BOUNCY?

When I actually drive on normal road with small bumps or road dips, it tend to hop rather then damper. Its only in the rear, the front is fine. I seen guys with Tokico with H&R that rides great for everyday. But I must say Fsport shock is way better on cornering and handling with H&R springs.
Old 05-12-16, 01:04 PM
SwedeMetal
Rookie

Hmm.. thanks for the feedback. I am ready A S A P to order shocks but am still not certain what the best option is. FSPORT plus FSPORT springs are high on the list but I'm not certain that is going to be best for me. I am also now wanting to do a very very small drop on the car as opposed to staying at 100% stock height.
Old 05-12-16, 02:02 PM
1bimmer
Rookie

Originally Posted by SwedeMetal
Hmm.. thanks for the feedback. I am ready A S A P to order shocks but am still not certain what the best option is. FSPORT plus FSPORT springs are high on the list but I'm not certain that is going to be best for me. I am also now wanting to do a very very small drop on the car as opposed to staying at 100% stock height.

I would suggest going at least 1.2 inch, cause with Fsport shocks and springs it will almost look stock height. Although it will be better handling but you will not like the stance of the car appearance. Just my opinion.
Old 05-12-16, 02:18 PM
SwedeMetal
Rookie

so what do you suggest? the H&R springs that do like 1.6 drop? with which shock? KYB?

Quick Reply: H&R springs and F sport shock bouncy, anyone else?