Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

2011 IS350 F-Sport Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-16, 07:53 PM
melexus24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 IS350 F-Sport Brake Pads

Hey everyone!

I'm posting on behalf of my fiancee, who owns the above. I don't know much about the car as I own a subie, but I wanna get more familiar with it because 1. I love driving it 2. I wanna make sure she's on top of the maintenance and what not .

So she will be needing to change her pads soon, dealership says it is currently at 4mm, so I'm looking at options as her warranty is up. I know her IS has staggered wheels, when I search for brake pads are the pads the same for non f sport? Seems like I can't search for f sport trim only. I read akeobono pads are good. It's a daily driver and just want something reliable and similar if not better than stock.

Thanks in advance, I apologize if this was too much at once .
Old 02-26-16, 04:56 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by melexus24
Hey everyone!

I'm posting on behalf of my fiancee, who owns the above. I don't know much about the car as I own a subie, but I wanna get more familiar with it because 1. I love driving it 2. I wanna make sure she's on top of the maintenance and what not .

So she will be needing to change her pads soon, dealership says it is currently at 4mm, so I'm looking at options as her warranty is up. I know her IS has staggered wheels, when I search for brake pads are the pads the same for non f sport? Seems like I can't search for f sport trim only. I read akeobono pads are good. It's a daily driver and just want something reliable and similar if not better than stock.

Thanks in advance, I apologize if this was too much at once .
F-Sport trim does not have any special or specific brake pads or rotors associated with it as opposed to a non-F-Sport (only the 250 and 350 engine designations will have different brake pads due to different front calipers and rotors, not sure of the rears). Staggered wheels don't affect what type of brakes are on the car. Any brake pads with the specified year of your IS will be fine, Akeobono pads or stock pads are solid choices.

TLDR: Brake pads for the base IS 350 will fit the IS 350 F-Sport.
Old 02-26-16, 10:12 PM
sakumaxp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i assume she uses it as daily driver, you could just get poem pads, or like knguyenk said akebono are also very good pads to get. If she wants performance she could go with hawk or stop tech. make sure you get the 350 pads and not the 250 as they are different sizes.