Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone here with RR-Racing USRS?

Old 02-08-16, 10:45 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I have them on my ISF and can attest that they do what RRRacing claims they will do. Flatter cornering much better braking (virtually no dive braking). Just better all around handling. There is a bit more NVH, but the trade off is totally worth it IMHO.

Lou
Well I already have some increased NVH with my BC's on since I have them set almost all the way to stiff. Plus I have no resonator on my exhaust either so there's increased noise . Basically , I don't really care to much for "quiet luxury" lol. I'm more for turning my car into something sportier and funner to drive as a daily. I'm essentially trying to be Anti-Lexus I guess. Not that I don't like my car but just that I feel it needs to have a little more sport to it.

Last edited by Tro209; 02-08-16 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-08-16, 11:39 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Yes, our bushing design is different than just a replacement bushing or the stock bushing. We use a bushing+housing system that incorporates a thrust loaded design which does not allow the control arms to migrate rearward during hard braking, and therefore reduces dynamic toe changes that occur during hard braking. In addition to that , our bushing is much stiffer than OEM, so it doesn't allow for lateral displacement either, without adding harshness. You will get more steering feedback in your hands, but it will not cause cabin vibrations/noise.

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-08-16 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-08-16, 02:50 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Yes, our bushing design is different than just a replacement bushing or the stock bushing. We use a bushing+housing system that incorporates a thrust loaded design which does not allow the control arms to migrate rearward during hard braking, and therefore reduces dynamic toe changes that occur during hard braking. In addition to that , our bushing is much stiffer than OEM, so it doesn't allow for lateral displacement either, without adding harshness. You will get more steering feedback in your hands, but it will not cause cabin vibrations/noise.

RR Racing USRS Testing Comparison - YouTube
Thanks rr racing, good to know you guys are actively watching the forum for those of us with questions regarding your products. I guess I'll just have to order them and see the improvement for myself. As in steering feel improvement anyway.. Thanks again
Old 02-09-16, 08:00 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my set of rr racing LCA brushings over Christmas on my 08 is350. Made a big difference. Breaking is much more linear now and the front end doesn't wander under hard breaking. Did a track day shortly after the install and I could really tell the difference coming into the corners. The front end was so much more stable while breaking and through the corners. I would suggest them.
Old 02-09-16, 08:03 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
I installed my set of rr racing LCA brushings over Christmas on my 08 is350. Made a big difference. Breaking is much more linear now and the front end doesn't wander under hard breaking. Did a track day shortly after the install and I could really tell the difference coming into the corners. The front end was so much more stable while breaking and through the corners. I would suggest them.
Thanks for chiming in, It's great to know they improve overall performance but does the handling FEEL any sportier? I really wanna buy these but just gotta be 100% on this before I bite the bullet. Do you feel the steering to be any tighter ? I feel like stock it's just to soft even with Coilovers
Old 02-10-16, 01:15 PM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

^If you want steeling feel, you'll wanna look at the '11+ IS-F steering ECU upgrade. I'm sure it does a little, but probably not want you're looking for after mentioning what you said about the Bimmer.
Old 02-10-16, 01:34 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gville350
^If you want steeling feel, you'll wanna look at the '11+ IS-F steering ECU upgrade. I'm sure it does a little, but probably not want you're looking for after mentioning what you said about the Bimmer.
Yeah I figured that was probably the best first step but I figured I may as well improve the overall handling of the car by doing this upgrade first. But idk anymore to be honest. Once I get my Midpipe on I'll decide what I'm gonna do next for sure. But right now I'm still leaning toward the USRS. Please let me know how you feel your car once you get yours installed. Thanks Gville350.
Old 02-11-16, 12:48 PM
Trolling55
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, update us after the installation of the bushings!
Old 02-11-16, 01:00 PM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

Hoping to get mine installed this weekend. We shall see!
Old 02-12-16, 08:35 AM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sorry to say if you think simply adding a set of LCA brushing will transform your car into a BMW your are wrong. Don't get me wrong they work extremely well and do what they say but the most of the performance benefit will come when you are pushing you car hard. They will help with under steer during hard cornering and front end vagueness during hard breaking as well as improve the life of the tires but for day to day driving they won't transform your car.

If you want the best bang for your buck modes a set of roll bars is the best choice. They do make a big difference. If steering feel is what you are after like someone said get a 2011+ ISF steering ECU. A set of stiffer springs or coilovers also make a big difference. Not trying to downplay the brushing but if that is all you do you probably will be disappointed. But the increased tire life will more than pay for the bushings in a few years.
Old 02-12-16, 08:41 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
I am sorry to say if you think simply adding a set of LCA brushing will transform your car into a BMW your are wrong. Don't get me wrong they work extremely well and do what they say but the most of the performance benefit will come when you are pushing you car hard. They will help with under steer during hard cornering and front end vagueness during hard breaking as well as improve the life of the tires but for day to day driving they won't transform your car.

If you want the best bang for your buck modes a set of roll bars is the best choice. They do make a big difference. If steering feel is what you are after like someone said get a 2011+ ISF steering ECU. A set of stiffer springs or coilovers also make a big difference. Not trying to downplay the brushing but if that is all you do you probably will be disappointed. But the increased tire life will more than pay for the bushings in a few years.
Well I already have BC Coilovers so I was just looking for something to compliment them. But yeah I think the ISF ecu would probably be the best choice for me I guess, only problem is that it costs $500 or so and for that I think I would rather just wait a little longer and have my car tuned by rr racing once that's available.

I guess that's that though.. I was really hoping this help change the car like the ISF guys say it does, but I guess it only works great for them because they already have a stiffer feeling steering ecu on their cars stock
Old 02-17-16, 01:54 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another issue with the ECU is in NY, I have not been able to find someone willing to program it for me. Its a PITA, All the lexus dealers around here will turn you away because it is not OEM.
Old 02-17-16, 02:02 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
another issue with the ECU is in NY, I have not been able to find someone willing to program it for me. Its a PITA, All the lexus dealers around here will turn you away because it is not OEM.
Gee, well that sucks

I think I'll just end up buying the Sway bars and USRS after I get my midpipe and intake on this next week. Cost about as much as the steering ECU..

Good luck with finding someone to help you. Hope you get to enjoy that steering improvement soon
Old 02-17-16, 04:01 PM
viprtwo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weird, i had a Lexus dealer down here in so cal do it. Technically, anyone with a techstream should be able to do it from what i hear.

I dont have the RR-Racing bushings, but I do have the Super Pro Race bushings installed on my IS350. There was a noticeable difference in NVH from stock that took some getting used. It feels "different"- not necessarily better. more solid, kinda like putting low profile tires on your car for the first time. ride was noticeable harsher than when I added my BCR suspension.

However, where they do shine is helping you control turn-in and keeping the car pointed where you want it. RR-race might possibly be better, but since i already have the superpro, i probably wont be switching them out since i'd think the added improvement would be marginal.

Everything needs to work together to get the best overall experience. Now my car drives like a dream.

for the record i have:
-2006 IS350
-BCR 14k-12k
-f-sport FR sway bars
-corner balanced
-figs 90-duro super pro lower steering bushing
-"53041" ISF ECU
Old 02-17-16, 08:49 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by viprtwo
weird, i had a Lexus dealer down here in so cal do it. Technically, anyone with a techstream should be able to do it from what i hear.

I dont have the RR-Racing bushings, but I do have the Super Pro Race bushings installed on my IS350. There was a noticeable difference in NVH from stock that took some getting used. It feels "different"- not necessarily better. more solid, kinda like putting low profile tires on your car for the first time. ride was noticeable harsher than when I added my BCR suspension.

However, where they do shine is helping you control turn-in and keeping the car pointed where you want it. RR-race might possibly be better, but since i already have the superpro, i probably wont be switching them out since i'd think the added improvement would be marginal.

Everything needs to work together to get the best overall experience. Now my car drives like a dream.

for the record i have:
-2006 IS350
-BCR 14k-12k
-f-sport FR sway bars
-corner balanced
-figs 90-duro super pro lower steering bushing
-"53041" ISF ECU
Thanks for your input very helpful. Since I'm probably not getting the tune next like I had originally planned. I'll be ordering my Sway bars and USRS instead. The ISF ecu will come soon after that hopefully , if I don't change my mind and buy wheels lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone here with RR-Racing USRS?