Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Flex-A Coils with H.B.S or.....? (2015 Release)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-15, 08:12 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tein Flex-A Coils with H.B.S or.....? (2015 Release)

I've been doing some research into coils lately.

Seems like many of us are running BC, Megans, Teins, or KWs. I'm looking at Teins because of the EDFC (if anyone has experience with this please share!). However, the Teins CS they offer seem appealing, but many say that it really isn't stiff enough for noticeable handling improvement.

Then I came across the Flex-A coils, seems to be a new release, with HBS tech. Basically it wont "bottom out", it will absorb the initial grunt minimizing bounce on bumps.

http://www.tein.com/products/flex_a.html

Has anyone ran these yet?! Please share.

And anyone else who has dealt with a variety of coils please share you're knowledge. I'm looking for a tire flush drop with good ride quality and decent handling.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-04-15, 08:08 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

can someone shed light on teins?
Old 12-04-15, 01:55 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 friends who have had teins and they were not happy with them. One has an isf and his tein CS shocks blew after just a year with very low miles. The other friend has an is250 and complained about a really crappy ride and sold them to get JIC's. IMO I would just get the BC's. They're pretty damn solid.
Old 12-04-15, 08:43 PM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
I have 2 friends who have had teins and they were not happy with them. One has an isf and his tein CS shocks blew after just a year with very low miles. The other friend has an is250 and complained about a really crappy ride and sold them to get JIC's. IMO I would just get the BC's. They're pretty damn solid.
Your friend with the 250, did he have the CS? I dont plan on getting those, but the new flex-a tein just released looks real tempting.

Im new to coils and have very little knowledge on what coils are good.
Old 12-05-15, 12:23 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No he didn't have the flex a... I forgot which ones but I do know that a lot of people complain about teins. For the same price you can get a good set of BC coilovers which can maintain stock-like ride quality while also giving your car better handling
Old 12-05-15, 10:37 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bcs are a decent option, however they are notorious for Clunking in the rear and the new models being sold, You must purchase extenders unless you plan on going extremely Low.

Megan Lps and Ezs are literally the same thing, just LP is 32 way adjustable and EZ is 15 way adjustable.
Kws Dont really have much knowledge on them.

If you are just looking for a Wheel Flush Drop with similar to stock comfort, than the Megan EZ would be the choice for you, Cheap, good adjustable drop, and ride quality is similar to stock.
Old 12-07-15, 08:51 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by Icy350
Bcs are a decent option, however they are notorious for Clunking in the rear and the new models being sold, You must purchase extenders unless you plan on going extremely Low.

Megan Lps and Ezs are literally the same thing, just LP is 32 way adjustable and EZ is 15 way adjustable.

If you are just looking for a Wheel Flush Drop with similar to stock comfort, than the Megan EZ would be the choice for you, Cheap, good adjustable drop, and ride quality is similar to stock.
Are you talking about dampening extenders?

Im probably going to go w BC unless someone with more knowledge on the new Flex series has something to say. On paper they seem great, but those descriptions are always bais.
Old 04-04-16, 12:02 AM
Ling2IS
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ktran1039
Are you talking about dampening extenders?

Im probably going to go w BC unless someone with more knowledge on the new Flex series has something to say. On paper they seem great, but those descriptions are always bais.
Have you come up with any additional info on coilovers since this thread post? I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 04-06-16, 12:25 PM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350

Extender are like $30 for the pair. Only issue is are you willing to cut your trunk liner to expose the extenders.