Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Shocks are leaking. Upgrade suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-15, 12:49 PM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation Shocks are leaking. Upgrade suggestions?

Dealer said my Rear shocks are leaking. Someone put the bug in my head to get coil overs but I have no clue about anything suspension related. He mentioned megan LP, and i saw some other promising ones like Koni Sport Kit, or Koni FSD. I want to retain stock ride quality, or better, and if it drops the car, only a very conservative drop, because the roads are bad here. and i don't want to spend more than 1000. any suggestions?

******Doing some more research, I'm really liking reviews of the Koni FSD shocks. They sound pretty sex. Does anyone have any experience with them or know where i should get them from?

******Thoughts on Koni FSD + Swift springs anyone?

Last edited by Fojo; 11-14-15 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 10:35 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fojo
Dealer said my Rear shocks are leaking. Someone put the bug in my head to get coil overs but I have no clue about anything suspension related. He mentioned megan LP, and i saw some other promising ones like Koni Sport Kit, or Koni FSD. I want to retain stock ride quality, or better, and if it drops the car, only a very conservative drop, because the roads are bad here. and i don't want to spend more than 1000. any suggestions?

******Doing some more research, I'm really liking reviews of the Koni FSD shocks. They sound pretty sex. Does anyone have any experience with them or know where i should get them from?

******Thoughts on Koni FSD + Swift springs anyone?
Considering your price point and the fact that you want a conservative drop and comfort, the koni Sport Kit may be a very good option for you. Any spring combo (eibach, Swift, etc) matched with koni yellow struts would meet your needs as well.
Old 11-15-15, 10:41 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
Considering your price point and the fact that you want a conservative drop and comfort, the koni Sport Kit may be a very good option for you. Any spring combo (eibach, Swift, etc) matched with koni yellow struts would meet your needs as well.
Thank you! I'm actually looking for a good price on the Koni FSDs right now. Recommend anywhere I should get them from?
Old 11-15-15, 11:25 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fojo
Thank you! I'm actually looking for a good price on the Koni FSDs right now. Recommend anywhere I should get them from?
The Struts on my 2006 IS350 OEM started to leak around 125k miles. I replaced them with Koni FSD and could not be happier. I got them from Autoplicity for $650 shipped in August. They are more expensive now for some reasons but you might want to contact them and see what they say.
Old 11-15-15, 02:32 PM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by pheonix72
The Struts on my 2006 IS350 OEM started to leak around 125k miles. I replaced them with Koni FSD and could not be happier. I got them from Autoplicity for $650 shipped in August. They are more expensive now for some reasons but you might want to contact them and see what they say.
Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-02-15, 06:36 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I also have leaking shocks (1 front and 1 rear) and am about to put on the sport package springs/shocks in place of my current standard setup. I have just over 97,000 miles on my car for what it's worth. I have looked into suspension options over the years and always figured I would go this route when the time came. My decision was based on various posts by Kurtz on the topic and other research.
Old 12-07-15, 09:14 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Soap
I also have leaking shocks (1 front and 1 rear) and am about to put on the sport package springs/shocks in place of my current standard setup. I have just over 97,000 miles on my car for what it's worth. I have looked into suspension options over the years and always figured I would go this route when the time came. My decision was based on various posts by Kurtz on the topic and other research.
That sounds very expensive. I assume you haven't priced it out yet.
Old 12-07-15, 11:23 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
That sounds very expensive. I assume you haven't priced it out yet.
The shocks are within a couple bucks of each other from 'standard' to 'sport'. The extra cost associated with me going this route is replacing all the springs which was another $300 to $400. I don't have the prices in front of me.
Old 12-07-15, 11:27 AM
NYCIS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any suggestions on springs for these Koni FSD's
Old 12-07-15, 12:49 PM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NYCIS350
any suggestions on springs for these Koni FSD's
I posted a review, I went with Eibach Pro springs. Lowered 1.5 inches. I made sure they would work with the FSDs by calling Koni.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...g-springs.html
Old 12-07-15, 08:59 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

You live in FL and the roads are bad? LOL where?
Old 12-08-15, 08:14 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soap
The shocks are within a couple bucks of each other from 'standard' to 'sport'. The extra cost associated with me going this route is replacing all the springs which was another $300 to $400. I don't have the prices in front of me.
Like I said, expensive for all parts, labor, alignment. .
Old 12-08-15, 09:35 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like Koni FSD is the best ?

116k miles with the is350, Rear right shock leaking too. Ride is soooo harsh, but not bouncy !. The interior vibrates and rattles on each bump.

It feels like all shocks are blown.
I wonder which setup would achive the best driving comfort giving that the roads are extremely bad, too many bumps and holes. That's what you get living in the oil rich country Saudi Arabia
Old 12-08-15, 10:02 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You live in FL and the roads are bad? LOL where?
Jacksonville
Old 12-08-15, 10:04 AM
Fojo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by See5
Sounds like Koni FSD is the best ?

116k miles with the is350, Rear right shock leaking too. Ride is soooo harsh, but not bouncy !. The interior vibrates and rattles on each bump.

It feels like all shocks are blown.
I wonder which setup would achive the best driving comfort giving that the roads are extremely bad, too many bumps and holes. That's what you get living in the oil rich country Saudi Arabia
They are definitely sweet. I imagine with swift springs or even stock springs they would ride even more like butter. I would have stayed stock or went with swift, but 4grDriver gave me a sweet deal so i nabbed the Eibach Pro springs along with the FSDs.

I CANT WAIT until my door panels and dash is replaced to get rid of all the little rattles it will feel like a new car again with these shocks

Quick Reply: Shocks are leaking. Upgrade suggestions?