Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Driver Side Brake Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-15, 09:25 PM
iamvegas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side Brake Noise

Hi everyone:

My 1st post in the forum
I have 03 is300 automatic and I got a problem that even the dealer cannot find. I am hoping some of you will help me fixing it.
I have a noise when I start to apply slowly the brakes. The noise is coming from the drivers left side and i fill it like the pad is not pressing completely the rotor and it makes squeaky noise. When you press the brakes harder, there is no noise. When it is cold in the morning or when leave the carwash, the noise is unbelievable and you can fee the steering wheel vibration.
All this happened after I changed both wheel bearings. I took the car to 3 shops, last one was the dealer and everyone is telling me that there is no problem. I changed the rotors and brakes that I had with 13k miles and put EBC rotors and Advics pads and still no change. Dealer wants me to change again the rotors and brakes with Toyota ones, which to me has no sense since mine have less than 1000 miles !!!!????

Any ideas ? Again, everything happened right after I changed both wheel bearings and left the shop.

Thank you
Old 10-21-15, 06:03 PM
skylinekin
Driver School Candidate

So you had the noise after replacing wheel bearings (no other changes) and have the exact same noise after replacing pads/rotors?
Old 10-22-15, 12:13 AM
iamvegas
Driver School Candidate

Default Brake Noise in Front Left Wheel

The noise came right after I pulled out of the shop where I had my both wheel bearings changed.
I came right back and the shop (my friends) said maybe the rotors were wobbling. My rotors & pads had 13k miles. I resurfaced them. The noise was there ! I changed them along with the pads. Still the same noise. The Lexus dealer told me everything was ok, but I had to replace my brand new EBC rotors (1000 miles only) and put original rotors and pads !!!! I told them this was a nonsense and left.
The noise comes when I apply the brakes slowly before completely stop. It feels like the pad is sleeping when touching the rotors. If I press brakes hard there is no noise.

Old 10-22-15, 07:55 AM
cquence
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you still have the old rotors, check for any unusual wear. There maybe debris that was caught between the rotors and pads can may cause the squealing.
With the new parts, did you follow the break-in procedure? Some, if not all, pads do have an operating temperature and squealing may occur on cold starts. Slight vibrations can cause squealing as well and so make sure the pads are clipped in without a lot of wiggle room and same with the rotors.
Old 01-15-16, 01:00 AM
iamvegas
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. I will check that.
Old 04-05-17, 02:04 PM
watson123
Driver School Candidate

hi did this get sorted my car is doing the exact same thing
Old 01-02-18, 02:28 AM
mowaman
Driver School Candidate

Take it back to your friend that changed the bearings he's done something wrong !