Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Which brands (tie rod, ball joint, caster, etc)???

Old 10-18-15, 11:42 AM
BrotherAli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which brands (tie rod, ball joint, caster, etc)???

I searched around trying to find a consensus and reviews for each part. Could this maybe serve as a central thread with reviews and recommendations for each part? Longevity? Ride quality?

I need:
Caster bushing
Lower ball joint
Tie rods
sway bar link

Not for a lack of effort, I searched around and there are so many different recommendations its really confusing. In my particular application im more interested in comfort and longevity than performance. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-15, 07:49 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BrotherAli
I searched around trying to find a consensus and reviews for each part. Could this maybe serve as a central thread with reviews and recommendations for each part? Longevity? Ride quality?

I need:
Caster bushing
Lower ball joint
Tie rods
sway bar link

Not for a lack of effort, I searched around and there are so many different recommendations its really confusing. In my particular application im more interested in comfort and longevity than performance. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Any of the brands you read about will work (either performance or reliability). This has been discussed so many times.
Old 10-19-15, 07:52 PM
BrotherAli
Rookie

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
Any of the brands you read about will work (either performance or reliability). This has been discussed so many times.
The question wasn't if a particular brand would work. The cheapest part from autozone "will work". I'm sure its been discussed many times with many conflicting response, almost like it would be great to have a central thread for reviews....

After reading and reading and reading I'm going to go with made in Japan Moog for tie rods, ball joints, and sway links. Not too sure on caster busings yet. That is unless an experienced member had a poor experience and wouldn't mind letting a fellow forum member know their experience.

Last edited by BrotherAli; 10-19-15 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-19-15, 07:59 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BrotherAli
The question wasn't if a particular brand would work. The cheapest part from autozone "will work". I'm sure its been discussed many times with many conflicting response, almost like it would be great to have a central thread for reviews....

After reading and reading and reading I'm going to go with made in Japan Moog for tie rods, ball joints, and sway links. Not too sure on caster busings yet. That is unless an experienced member had a poor experience and wouldn't mind letting a fellow forum member know their experience.
Moog is a great choice. Almost all of us go with that. Caster either oem or Roca
Old 11-21-15, 05:57 PM
rufr
Driver School Candidate

Lower ball joint
Tie rods

For aftermarket you can go w Moog