Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

3IS F Sport Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 11:24 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

i just received the f-sport lowering springs today and in the packet of papers that came with it it states that i must install f-sport shock absorbers at the same time. because the car these are going on is a non-f-sport, is there any real problem or potential problem installing with the factory shocks?

i'm having them installed tomorrow but want to know what i am getting into.

any insight would be appreciated!
Old 07-14-17, 04:11 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

No problem.
Fsport package on our cars is mainly cosmetic .
Suspension mechanics is all the same.

I wouldn't worry too much about installing just the Lowering Springs.
People do it all the time with other Aftermarket brand lowering springs. Just be alert that due to the lowered height you may work the OEM Shocks a bit faster and shorten its life span compared to factory Springs
The following users liked this post:
davyjordi (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 04:39 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by specONE
No problem.
Fsport package on our cars is mainly cosmetic .
Suspension mechanics is all the same.

I wouldn't worry too much about installing just the Lowering Springs.
People do it all the time with other Aftermarket brand lowering springs. Just be alert that due to the lowered height you may work the OEM Shocks a bit faster and shorten its life span compared to factory Springs
thanks for the advice. i had them installed today. they're just a bit lower than factory, although i was told that i have to wait several days to allow the springs to 'settle'.
Old 07-18-17, 01:24 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

so, i had the springs put onto my car a few days ago and so far it hasn't "settled" at all -- it looks like the day i picked it up from the shop. i like the subtle rear drop, although the front leaves much to be desired; it looks like it's sitting at stock height. the slight negative rake bugs me. i know many say that the springs have to settle, although manufacturer info states in many cases that there isn't any settling when installing lowering springs. i don't know who makes the stock f-sport lowering springs and that may not matter anyhow. anyway, any tips aside from replacing the springs or am i stuck?
Old 07-20-17, 10:29 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

apologies for the messy garage. here's my car with the f-sport lowering springs. they have provided for a half-inch drop on all wheels. kinda disappointed but i'm thinking if i switch the shocks for f-sport shocks then it will lower itself just a bit more.
Old 07-20-17, 10:32 AM
Darqhelmet
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Love those wheels. How many miles have you put on the car since installing the springs?
Old 07-20-17, 10:37 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Darqhelmet
Love those wheels. How many miles have you put on the car since installing the springs?
thanks! and probably about 100. not enough?
Old 07-20-17, 10:43 AM
Darqhelmet
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't lowered a car in a long time, but the last time I did it took a couple weeks for everything to settle out. So I would guess at the time 500ish miles. I was driving from HB to Camp Pendleton 2 days a week.

Last edited by Darqhelmet; 07-20-17 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling
The following users liked this post:
davyjordi (07-20-17)
Old 07-20-17, 10:51 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Darqhelmet
I haven't lowered a car in a long time, but the last time I did it took a couple weeks for everything to settle out. So I would guess at the time 500ish miles. I was driving from HB to Camp Pendleton 2 days a week.
thanks for that -- just what i wanted to hear. i'll hold off on buying any more suspension components before ~500 miles.
Old 07-20-17, 12:17 PM
specONE
Racer

Originally Posted by davyjordi
apologies for the messy garage. here's my car with the f-sport lowering springs. they have provided for a half-inch drop on all wheels. kinda disappointed but i'm thinking if i switch the shocks for f-sport shocks then it will lower itself just a bit more.
highly doubt changing the shocks out will make the car sit lower. shocks only change dampening rate.
What sounds like you should have went with was RSR Down springs instead of Fsport accessory ones. You would've probably been more happy end result.
Old 07-20-17, 12:20 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by specONE
highly doubt changing the shocks out will make the car sit lower. shocks only change dampening rate.
What sounds like you should have went with was RSR Down springs instead of Fsport accessory ones. You would've probably been more happy end result.
i definitely would have been happier with the result. no one responded to my thread on time, though, and i had to make a decision between the two and welp, here it is.
Old 07-20-17, 12:27 PM
specONE
Racer

i definitely would have been happier with the result. no one responded to my thread on time, though, and i had to make a decision between the two and welp, here it is.
If you search the forum at older post, Most people go with RSR Down Springs or Super down or Tanabe.
I do not think i've come across any other member goes with Fsport springs yet on 3IS application.
The consent from the 2IS guys for their Fsport spring variant was that the drop was very very mild and hardly noticeable. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...g-springs.html
Old 07-20-17, 12:29 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

It took about 500 miles for my ark springs to settle fully after installing so they should still go a little lower. Realistically though you're not gonna get rid of the negative rake with those springs, unfortunately
Old 07-20-17, 12:35 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

thanks for both of your guys' help. i feel like i've just thrown 700$ down the drain. i mean, i can tell that the car is lower because i have two ISs and it's easy to spot the difference when they're parked side by side in the garage, but the difference is minimal. now i have thinking to do. get rid of the f-sport springs? buy rs*r downs? it's really frustrating. at least my shocks won't wear prematurely with the f-sport springs. that seems to be the only positive.
Old 07-20-17, 03:07 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

thanks for both of your guys' help. i feel like i've just thrown 700$ down the drain. i mean, i can tell that the car is lower because i have two ISs and it's easy to spot the difference when they're parked side by side in the garage, but the difference is minimal. now i have thinking to do. get rid of the f-sport springs? buy rs*r downs? it's really frustrating. at least my shocks won't wear prematurely with the f-sport springs. that seems to be the only positive.
If you go down that road.. Sell me the springs lol. I kind of like the subtle drop, but I'm sure it would look better after springs had settle. I've seen another thread with the fsport springs, the owner had taken measurements and pictures of Day 1 vs Day 30, etc. and there is a significant difference.

Note - kind of hard to see the wheel gap, in your pics. (too dark). Nice looking wheels btw.

Quick Reply: 3IS F Sport Springs