Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

3IS F Sport Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-17, 03:22 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
If you go down that road.. Sell me the springs lol. I kind of like the subtle drop, but I'm sure it would look better after springs had settle. I've seen another thread with the fsport springs, the owner had taken measurements and pictures of Day 1 vs Day 30, etc. and there is a significant difference.

Note - kind of hard to see the wheel gap, in your pics. (too dark). Nice looking wheels btw.
thanks re: the wheels! and i'll be sure to sell the f-sport springs to you if i decide to buy another spring set. i would do it in a second if i knew that it wouldn't accelerate the deterioration of the rest of the surrounding suspension. i'm wary that lowering a car carries no implications. decisions, decisions, decisions!
Old 07-31-17, 04:55 PM
Stero87
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone point me to that thread that had a series of pictures of different company's suspensions on the 3IS? I saw it a while ago and can't find it again
Old 08-04-17, 03:00 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

For those who had the fsport springs on for quite some time.

Mind sharing your experience with them?
Possible to post some more pics of the spring having settled?
Did yall paired with fsport shocks too, or stay with stock shocks?
Old 09-19-17, 10:39 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Day # 1 - Installed FSPORT Shocks/Springs
I've adjusted the brightness. The rear looks lowered, but the front not so much. Hopefully it settles a little more, but I will be getting 19s later (hopes it fills the gap some more)
The following users liked this post:
naloxon33 (02-13-18)
Old 09-21-17, 04:19 PM
Jaxar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to confirm with that THESE SPRINGS (4T912 Swift) are the ones to buy for my '14 IS350 F-Sport RWD.
And NOT the "F Sport Springs" that are basically stock F-Sport springs painted blue... Agreed ??

4T912 Swift Springs
Old 09-21-17, 05:13 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

The F Sport springs are not the stock springs painted blue, they are actual lowering springs. They will give you a 1 inch drop.
There are also F Sport shocks that match with the F Sport lowering springs.
Depends on how much of a drop you want.
I have RSR Downs, which is just the right drop for me...but that's me.
There are a few members with Swift springs. I've never seen a pic of them before, but if that's what they look like, then the RSR was a better choice for me.
The RSR Downs look more like a factory spring in terms of thickness and design...the Swift ones look like a set of Tanabe I had on my Scion xB. I'm sure they are a good spring, but the design and thickness don't instill confidence...for me.
The following users liked this post:
Jaxar (09-21-17)
Old 09-22-17, 04:59 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
The F Sport springs are not the stock springs painted blue, they are actual lowering springs. They will give you a 1 inch drop.
There are also F Sport shocks that match with the F Sport lowering springs.
Depends on how much of a drop you want.
I have RSR Downs, which is just the right drop for me...but that's me.
There are a few members with Swift springs. I've never seen a pic of them before, but if that's what they look like, then the RSR was a better choice for me.
The RSR Downs look more like a factory spring in terms of thickness and design...the Swift ones look like a set of Tanabe I had on my Scion xB. I'm sure they are a good spring, but the design and thickness don't instill confidence...for me.
they won't give a 1" drop; they'll give you half an inch if you're lucky.
Old 09-22-17, 10:02 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
they won't give a 1" drop; they'll give you half an inch if you're lucky.
You didn't wait long enough for springs to settle! I'm almost at Day 7 since spring is installed, rear is noticeably lowered, front barely. But I haven't got a chance to compare measurement and pics yet. Hopefully this will look good with 19s.

I'll write a long term review in a few weeks with pics.

But, the fsport shock/springs combo is a very nice ride. Steering and suspension is stiff, and less body roll when going into corners.
Old 09-23-17, 05:35 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nathantse
You didn't wait long enough for springs to settle! I'm almost at Day 7 since spring is installed, rear is noticeably lowered, front barely. But I haven't got a chance to compare measurement and pics yet. Hopefully this will look good with 19s.

I'll write a long term review in a few weeks with pics.

But, the fsport shock/springs combo is a very nice ride. Steering and suspension is stiff, and less body roll when going into corners.
i know, i really didn't wait that long, but i knew right from the get go that they wouldn't drop enough for me to be satisfied. hopefully yours settle nicely!
Old 09-23-17, 05:52 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i know, i really didn't wait that long, but i knew right from the get go that they wouldn't drop enough for me to be satisfied. hopefully yours settle nicely!
Yeah, I hope they will look similar to RSR Half Downs. I've seen some Half Down pics with stock rims, and 19's; it looks very good and subtle.
Old 10-07-17, 10:21 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The f sport spring for this generation IS is crap. The rear sits .5 inch lower than the front, there's got to be some handling lost there. Also the front springs are way too soft it bounces more than it should. It's a eibach spring just more lifted and painted blue. I would take my money somewhere else or leave it stock. I have these on and I'm already tired of them after 1 year on them. It's great for wacky roads and daily but the raised front and lowered rear look isn't attractive. I'm not a fan just wanted to see what the hype was about when they were released but I guess there ok.
Old 10-07-17, 11:58 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexoDAV
The f sport spring for this generation IS is crap. The rear sits .5 inch lower than the front, there's got to be some handling lost there. Also the front springs are way too soft it bounces more than it should. It's a eibach spring just more lifted and painted blue. I would take my money somewhere else or leave it stock. I have these on and I'm already tired of them after 1 year on them. It's great for wacky roads and daily but the raised front and lowered rear look isn't attractive. I'm not a fan just wanted to see what the hype was about when they were released but I guess there ok.
I've paired the fsport springs with the fsport shocks, and there doesn't seem to be a loss of comfort (rides like stock) and handling is def improved.

If anything, it feels way better than stock. Imo, the drop is sufficient enough for a daily, not to low to be scrapping everywhere. But good enough to have the "fun" factor when driving.

Just wished it lowered the front a tad more, but I'm hoping 19s will close the gap a lil more.
Old 10-15-17, 11:26 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Any one have pics of aftermarket 19s while being lowered on FSPORT springs?

On the fence if I should stick with 18s
Old 11-28-17, 07:40 PM
Megaman
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F Sport springs and the F Sport exhaust for the 3IS are the most useless parts you can buy for our cars.

Overpriced to boot.
Old 11-28-17, 08:39 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Someone should measure the purch to purch difference of an unloaded (fully extended) shock and conpare it too the F-Sport. Preload matters and the F-Sport could have lower sping mounts. Obviously the damping rates are more progressive....

Quick Reply: 3IS F Sport Springs