Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RSR Half downs

Old 01-23-19, 07:52 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

That's all I've found. Certainly looks to still have reverse-rake, probably dropped .5" both front and rear. I sent him a PM a month ago but haven't heard back.
Old 01-24-19, 06:13 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
That's all I've found. Certainly looks to still have reverse-rake, probably dropped .5" both front and rear. I sent him a PM a month ago but haven't heard back.
You were definitely able to find more than I was. Are we positive the back suspension is identical between AWD and RWD IS3xx so that the approximate drop in the rear will be the same with Half Downs?
Old 01-24-19, 07:47 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cliffhokie
You were definitely able to find more than I was. Are we positive the back suspension is identical between AWD and RWD IS3xx so that the approximate drop in the rear will be the same with Half Downs?
I looked up Lexus part numbers, and for rear springs the 250 and 3xx are the same, and no distinction is made between AWD/RWD. The only difference I found was F-Sport/non-F-Sport, but I have never found aftermarket springs that specify F/non-F, nor 250/3xx. The difference seems to always and only be AWD/RWD. As for the important thing, how they will look, that just came from looking at cars with them on. In this case, we have this guy's to verify for our cars already and anyone else's who has put on Halfs, which is why I'm going ahead with it. From what I can tell, front AWD Downs and rear (RWD) Halfs on our cars should match up with worst-case a bit of front rake which is fine by me. I measured my wheel well heights several times while out yesterday, and while they weren't consistent the fronts are typically about 1/2" higher than the rears. But hey, these are all just my findings.

Btw, I just got a line on Halfs... for half price! If interested in the fronts, PM me your shipping particulars and I can get you the cost.
Old 01-24-19, 07:57 AM
cliffhokie
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
I looked up Lexus part numbers, and for rear springs the 250 and 3xx are the same, and no distinction is made between AWD/RWD. The only difference I found was F-Sport/non-F-Sport, but I have never found aftermarket springs that specify F/non-F, nor 250/3xx. The difference seems to always and only be AWD/RWD. As for the important thing, how they will look, that just came from looking at cars with them on. In this case, we have this guy's to verify for our cars already and anyone else's who has put on Halfs, which is why I'm going ahead with it. From what I can tell, front AWD Downs and rear (RWD) Halfs on our cars should match up with worst-case a bit of front rake which is fine by me. I measured my wheel well heights several times while out yesterday, and while they weren't consistent the fronts are typically about 1/2" higher than the rears. But hey, these are all just my findings.

Btw, I just got a line on Halfs... for half price! If interested in the fronts, PM me your shipping particulars and I can get you the cost.
PM'ed you about the springs.
Old 05-28-19, 02:29 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TorontoR
some more pics of half downs with stock F Sport wheels. The drop is just perfect for those who are after subtlety. Get the general idea, some angles it looks lowered, in others it looks almost stock.

This is pretty much exactly how my AWD 350 F Sport looks with front Downs. They've been on for 4 days now and have settled in at about 1" drop. In another thread, Halfs did negligible difference to fronts on the same model.

So in essence, front RS-R spring results for stock AWD 3.5L F Sport appear to be one step askew -- Downs on AWD a bit lower than Halfs on RWD, Supers on AWD a bit lower than Downs on RWD, and Halfs on AWD do jack diddly. You can see front Supers here. Rear results should be identical across the board.