Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installed super downs and now there's noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-15, 12:55 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed super downs and now there's noise

There seems to be some suspension noise after I installed my superdowns on the stock fsport tokico struts. I took a picture of the top hat alignment on the front struts and matched it up when installing the new springs and putting back in. All the top nuts and middle are torqued to spec. I am going to take it to Lexus next week to get all my sway bar links changed as they were rusted only after a year and a half. It took me literally almost two hours to get eat sway bar off because of it. Is there something I'm missing here? Nothing seems to be loose and I torqued everything with the suspension under compression to spec.
Old 04-12-15, 05:44 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

describe the noise, when does it occur? over bumps, smooth roads...
Old 04-12-15, 07:15 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

It's over bumps and more noticeable than the stock f sport springs. I'm assuming that the Rsr springs are harder and stiffer correct? I guess what I'm saying is bc of that my car when hitting bumps makes interior noises it didn't. Even with the fsport springs taking a bump would make noise but these are super stiff. The suspension it's self isn't making clunks like being loose it's just harder feeling when hitting bumps. It's day one so I assume I have to break them in and check all bolts and stuff again?
Old 04-13-15, 06:39 PM
LexoDAV
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
It's over bumps and more noticeable than the stock f sport springs. I'm assuming that the Rsr springs are harder and stiffer correct? I guess what I'm saying is bc of that my car when hitting bumps makes interior noises it didn't. Even with the fsport springs taking a bump would make noise but these are super stiff. The suspension it's self isn't making clunks like being loose it's just harder feeling when hitting bumps. It's day one so I assume I have to break them in and check all bolts and stuff again?

you describe it right. stiffer springs will rattle panels apart, loosen nuts and bolts because it is so stiff .
Old 05-05-15, 02:23 PM
Sito514
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still making noise ?
Old 05-05-15, 06:49 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by Sito514
Still making noise ?
You know what it is the fact that the car is stiffer it makes more interior noise and I'm very **** with my baby lol but the suspension its self does not make noise I have ocd when it comes to the whip lol