Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Goods Have Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 06:49 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goods Have Arrived

Hello

I have just received my l-tune springs and shocks, trd sway bars and steering ecu. I am really looking forward to the install (maybe next week). I ordered my parts from Carson Toyota and my first experience was very positive with the customer service (if Bobby reads this, Great Job). I am having the installation done at the same place Hameed had his done (thanks for the ref.) I will let everyone about my first ride experience.

Mario
Old 03-11-03, 10:56 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Congrats on your purchase.
I have exact same setup. You WILL be very pleased. Car will be so much tighter and in control you won't believe it at first. Good luck
Old 03-12-03, 12:55 AM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Which TRD swaybars did you get? The Sportivos?
Old 03-12-03, 06:22 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Default TRD race sway bars

Originally posted by Stealther
Which TRD swaybars did you get? The Sportivos?

Stealther

I decided to go with the race (blue) instead of the Sportivos after reading all the comments in this section and speaking with drivers who actually have them installed. The comments that I got were that the ride is not that harsh but you can definitely feel the bumps more. I will know for sure once I drive the car after the install. I'll let you know.
Old 03-12-03, 06:42 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats on your purchase and your gonna love the more sportier feel your GS is gonna take on..
Old 03-13-03, 11:39 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm planning to get the TRD sways very very soon.. Before i get them, i want to know what's da difference between the sportivo and the race one? Please educate me!!

Tommy
Old 03-14-03, 05:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally posted by Lexus GS3
I'm planning to get the TRD sways very very soon.. Before i get them, i want to know what's da difference between the sportivo and the race one? Please educate me!!

Tommy
Race (blue) ones are stiffer. I think only one person on CL has the Sportivo (white) ones. I have the race ones and love 'em.
Old 03-14-03, 09:09 AM
kapdori
Lead Lap

yeah, get the blue(race) ones. You won't regret it.
If you want tight feel that BMWs and BENZs have get blue ones. If you want to keep the stock ride quality bad then get white ones. But IMHO ride quality of blue ones is not much different from l-tuned setup, and l-tuned setup is not much different from stock. Well, best is if you can ride with someone with setup you are looking for prior to purchase that would be the most safest way of finding out what you would like.
Good luck
Old 03-14-03, 01:25 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Tommy
I cannot really educate you as I don't even have the product installed. I will leave the educating to the many helpful and knowledgeable CL members that I am sure will respond. As I mentioned I made my decision based on speaking with members that have this package on their cars and also reading through all the threads on this site. Technically the race (blue) bars are stiffer- the front approx. 50% and the back about 100%. I wanted a noticeable difference in handling that I thought might not quite be there with the Sportivos and I believe the ride quality will not be downgraded to an unacceptable level. The only thing that I liked better in the BMW 540i was the handling characteristics compared to my GS400. I believe with this set up, I will solve this issue. Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-03, 07:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Tommy,

The easiest way is to educate yourself !!! Most of this stuff is out there and you can find it yourself without even asking. Try a search on this forum using the big search tool at the top of the page (click advanced search) and search for sportivo.

You'll easily find threads like the ones below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=sportivo