Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Widening Front Track - RCA questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-14, 01:59 PM
goodyonsen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Widening Front Track - RCA questions

Hey guys, i have done a lot of research but i still have an unanswered question.

I'm looking to increase the width of my front track on my 03 430. Currently i'm running the STUDIO 35mm front cambered RCA. It pushes the front wheels out 35mm on each side while adding quite a bit of negative camber. So right now my front track width is 35mm wider on each side, I want to keep the track width but reduce the negative camber the STUDIO cambered RCAs generate. Previously, I ran a 19x9 +24 wheel up front at about -8 degrees of camber. No other suspension parts other than BCR coils...

I plan to change my stance up a bit by going for a more commuter friendly setup by switching out the cambered RCAs for regular RCAs. I would love to know if any of the regular RCAs (sage, figs, etc.) increase the width of the front track. I know they help lower the car, just like my STUDIO cambered RCAs do, but do regular, non-cambered RCAs aid in increasing the width of the front end? For example, does the 30mm Sage unit also increase the front track width 30mm as well as lowering it 30mm?

Basically i want the width of my front track as it is right now without all of the negative camber. I know the other alternatives... upper/lower adjustable arms, wheel spacers, etc. but i want to keep my setup pretty simple.

Any discussion/comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

David
Old 08-19-14, 07:58 PM
johhntran
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

regular rcas will not offer the extended track like the studios, you could run the straight/ regular rcas with spacers