Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Question about suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 06:05 PM
Behemoth7
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Question about suspension mods

Hello all, I just bought myself a 2001 lexus gs430 and I'm in love with this thing. It is the best car i've ever driven and couldn't be happier.

I was originally planning on increasing the performance of this bad boy, but after reading some threads about it considering how much power I already have, I decided against it. However, my car does feel slightly "disconnected" from the road, and it feels like it sits too high up. I'm looking to do some suspension mods, but I don't want to lose any comfort or reliability. I plan to keep this thing till it dies, so I need suggestions that will withstand the test of time.

As far as budget goes, I'd like to stay under $1000 for all suspension mods. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-14, 06:36 PM
josey88
Driver

Well, I don`t know much about it , but if you want to lower your car , you will need to replace your suspension with coilovers which are height adjustable . The lower you go , the more hard your ride will become . If you go really low , you will have camber problems and depending on the seriousness of those problems , you will need to install a camber kit or not .
Usually you go low to enhance the car looks but at the same time obtain a balance of looking good while having a decent ride . Tires and wheels are mandatory on this equation . That will cost you , so , get the wallet ready and forget the $1000.00 budget ... that would barely cover the coilovers . You will be entering on the spending zone ... and welcome to the club !!!
Old 05-05-14, 08:42 PM
Behemoth7
Pole Position

Maybe just coilovers then? I'd like to keep the stock 16" chromes I have, I really like them. But I'd still like to lower my ride a bit, without losing any comfort or reliability. Any suggestions?

Also, idk if this is where my problem with the suspension comes from, but the car almost seems to travel too much over bumps and sometimes makes a thunking noise when going over bumps. I figured this might just be the way the stock shocks ride, any comments on this?
Old 05-06-14, 06:15 AM
Behemoth7
Pole Position

Sorry, I think I figured out the source of my issues, and it's not the suspension, I think it's bad motor mounts.
Old 05-07-14, 03:26 PM
BeatupVR4
Driver School Candidate

If the motor mounts leave you with any left over cash a nice set of performance springs would probably make you a lot happier with the car.
Old 05-12-14, 07:31 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No disrespect but I laughed when you commented, "stay below $1000."
Old 05-29-14, 05:08 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by repugnante
No disrespect but I laughed when you commented, "stay below $1000."
Maaannnnnnnn I see you like hurting feelings bruh lol